Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Press conference to announce he's staying, then. Prove me wrong, Dassier!

After Ben Arfa walked out of training? Doesn't seem likely.

"after extensive talks with hatem he's agreed to stay on at om and has signed a new improved contract and we're delighted"

Marseille are going to try and get the best deal they can, with him scoring a 30 yd screamer last night they are probably hoping some other club will step in. I'll be surprised if this goes through this week tbh.

Press conference to announce he's staying, then. Prove me wrong, Dassier!

After Ben Arfa walked out of training? Doesn't seem likely.

"after extensive talks with hatem he's agreed to stay on at om and has signed a new improved contract and we're delighted"

"After today's discussions we have decided to terminate the contract of Didier Deschamps with immediate effect. Oh, and Hatem wanst to stay now."

Marseille are going to try and get the best deal they can, with him scoring a 30 yd screamer last night they are probably hoping some other club will step in. I'll be surprised if this goes through this week tbh.

200 pages and he'll sign!

Hatem Ben Arfa a quitté l'entraînement de l'OM au bout d'un quart d'heure ce jeudi après-midi.

Après une rencontre avec l'entraîneur Didier Deschamps, Ben Arfa a donc marqué sa déception en quittant la Commmanderie. Et semble bien décidé à aller jusqu'au bout.

L'ancien lyonnais, déclaré indésirable en début de mercato, veut quitter le club pour rejoindre l'Angleterre et Newcastle mais l'OM s'y oppose. Le président Dassier a convoqué une conférence de presse exceptionnelle ce soir.

HBA left training after only 15 minutes Thursday afternoon

After a meeting with the trainer Didier Deschamps, Ben Arfa showed his unhappiness by leaving the training ground. He seems decided to see this through to the bitter end. The former Lyon player, previously given permission to leave the club at the beginning of the transfer window, wants to leave the club to join Newcastle, however Marseille have now changed their minds. President of OM M. Dassier has called an exceptional press conference for this evening

I'm not sure this is a particular good sign though we have all seen that most players in the long run get what they want. However refusing to train/play while under contract is the kind of thing some of the idiots who have played for us recently have tried and nobody has been in a hurry to forgive them.

I'm not sure this is a particular good sign though we have all seen that most players in the long run get what they want. However refusing to train/play while under contract is the kind of thing some of the idiots who have played for us recently have tried and nobody has been in a hurry to forgive them.

Really though, OM made all impressions of him being on the move, just like he wanted and now suddenly it seems they don't want him to go. Doesn't sound like a situation anyone would like to play in.

MsiDouglas

What a mess for Marseille. #nufc best advised to stay out of it & pick up the pieces. Full story in Journal tomorrow

less than 20 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone

Of his ankle?

Guest Heneage

So is this still all Ashley's fault for penny pinching? I think in this instance, it's the club we are buying from who are being the difficult ones.

You wouldn't be difficult if you want to sell a player and the club the player seemingly has his mind set on only wants a loan deal. He is club contracted to OM; they are in the driving seat. Imagine a french club was trying to loan N'Zogbia for a pittance when he wanted to leave. Would Newcastle refusing to co-operate and hanging on for a better deal be seen as the club being difficult or be applauded by our fans?

Exactly, it's entirely subjective. See when we sold Dyer and Ashley knocked the price up at the last minute. Cuntish but good business.

OM have acted out slightly but if I was a fan of theirs I wouldn't care.

That's not my point though. My point is that people said oh Ashley is being a penny pincher, yet seem totally ignorant to the fact Marseille are the ones being to quote you 'cuntish' when it comes to this deal. I'm not debating their right to mess us around, I'm saying that in many ways I'm glad we didn't just fold and say 'Ok we'll pay x amount.'

I don't debate he is a fantastic talent, and I would love to have him here, I think he could potentially improve us immensely. However, I prefer the idea of a loan with first option, because as has even been proved with his potential transfer to us, his attitude is questionable.

I'm very unsure of this transfer policy, it has both advantages and disadvantages. But it requires patience.

MsiDouglas

What a mess for Marseille. #nufc best advised to stay out of it & pick up the pieces. Full story in Journal tomorrow

less than 20 seconds ago via Twitter for iPhone

Of his ankle?

What? :kasper: You better be fishing/WUMing or something

So is this still all Ashley's fault for penny pinching? I think in this instance, it's the club we are buying from who are being the difficult ones.

You wouldn't be difficult if you want to sell a player and the club the player seemingly has his mind set on only wants a loan deal. He is club contracted to OM; they are in the driving seat. Imagine a french club was trying to loan N'Zogbia for a pittance when he wanted to leave. Would Newcastle refusing to co-operate and hanging on for a better deal be seen as the club being difficult or be applauded by our fans?

Exactly, it's entirely subjective. See when we sold Dyer and Ashley knocked the price up at the last minute. Cuntish but good business.

That's not my point though. My point is that people said oh Ashley is being a penny pincher, yet seem totally ignorant to the fact Marseille are the ones being to quote you 'cuntish' when it comes to this deal. I'm not debating their right to mess us around, I'm saying that in many ways I'm glad we didn't just fold and say 'Ok we'll pay x amount.'

I don't debate he is a fantastic talent, and I would love to have him here, I think he could potentially improve us immensely. However, I prefer the idea of a loan with first option, because as has even been proved with his potential transfer to us, his attitude is questionable.

I'm very unsure of this transfer policy, it has both advantages and disadvantages. But it requires patience.

I imagine Chris Hughton's most played song on his iPod is Patience by Take That.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=et&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mercato365.com%2Finfos-clubs%2Fmarseille%2Farticle_442988_OM-Dassier-Ben-Arfa-reste-.shtml

While he was waiting at a press conference, President Jean-Claude Dassier Marseille finally simply drop a few words before leaving the center DRC.

According to him, Hatem Ben Arfa, absent from the game drive, still in the OM.

"It's a closed file.

Jean-Claude Dassier (president of Olympique de Marseille)

Hatem Ben Arfa is the OM, and stays there. Is a closed file. We received an offer ridiculous (note: Newcastle). For us, it is completely absent.

For Luis Fabiano, it will evolve tomorrow (Friday).

Guest malandro

It is penny pinching. If the lad is as good as many believe we should have made a proper offer to buy him outright instead of pissing about trying to get him on loan.

We’ve brought in a portly old defender on a free, a seriously injured kid on a free and paid a nominal fee for a championship standard left back. With an extra £40m in the kitty this season is it too much to expect the club to pay proper money to bring in one player that clearly improves the squad?