Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Really, the delay means that Ashley's judged his position here reasonably well. There obviously aren't a lot of clubs keen to better whatever we've offered. It's taking time because OM and Dassier are doing everything they can think of -- delaying tactics, rumours carefully fed to the press, moving goalposts -- to try and conjure a better offer, or to spook Ashley into upping his one. But Ashley may well be right to hold firm, and we could still get a really good deal here.

Why aren't there loads of other clubs chasing an unsettled player with such obvious talent? Because the kid's clearly a trouble-maker and a f***ing nutjob. He could work out, he could be a f***ing disaster. Posters claiming that there's no risk in spunking a few million on him because if it doesn't work out we could always sell him on for more need to check themselves into the repair shop and get their logic circuits replaced. If it didn't work out we'd have wasted whatever we spent on him.

It's clear the money is no longer there for the expensive failures of the past – the Owens or Luques or Vianas. Loan with option to buy is definitely the right way to go, and even if it doesn't happen, I can't blame the club for trying what seems to me to be correct strategy.

Thanks I wish many here are sensible about reality here.

Keane,i wouldn't even want him if he was woman and offered sex,he is so past it and slow,he would make our attack be that predictable we would have to stay in the dugout in fear of being found out.

Ben arfa is different than o'hara because he is a world class player or at least world class potential,cheap,versatile and would allow us to save some money as he would cover for injuries and suspensions.

I don't say ashley is this or that but the man is worth 960m pounds and he is ready to not spend any money on a player fergie and wenger would have bought if ben arfa wasn't a problem or had ben arfa wanted to come to man utd and then be loaned out like fergie wanted last year january.

I was using Keane only as an example, fact is it could be any player. I'm not denying the club should invest in the team, I'm just trying to say we shouldn't hate the owner just because we didn't get the very players we wanted.

Ashley was given a fair chance and he fucking wrecked the club beyond all recognition, the only person to blame for the way he is currently view by the fans is himself.  He's been praised when he's done all right, but the reason people imagine that the current situation, where we seem headed into a new season with a woefully underequipped squad, is not going to be remedied is due to his past form of absolute stupidity.  When he shows some common sense, people will stop thinking the worst.  It's a perfectly reasonable position to hold.

It's the same fucking stupid argument we got about Shola at the start of the season "I BET THE SAME PEOPLE CHEERING SHOLA WHEN HE'S DOING WELL WERE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO CRITICISED HIM WHEN HE WAS TOTAL SHIT, MAKE YOUR MINDS UP IDIOTS!!"

all well and good saying this is the correct procedure for players we cant exactly afford but seriously i dont think we can spunk another 1.5m on players like perch who to me is a squad member at best, We are going to end up with a couple of loans and possibly good championship players. Some risks need to be taken on players who can offer more than just cover for our just better than average squad

Guest zinaldo1982

No the player the manager who managed to bring us back at the first time of asking,he should be at least be making sure he gives some money to bring in at least 3 or 2 players  to make a good go it .

If we don't spend a penny this transfer window I will be really disappoint at Chris. Why going out and say we have money bollocks? If this is the case he is clearly a puppet for Ashley.

:lol:

That's cheared me right up.

No the player the manager who managed to bring us back at the first time of asking,he should be at least be making sure he gives some money to bring in at least 3 or 2 players  to make a good go it .

Well why would say I have money if you dont? he said several times we have money to spend on new players.

Really, the delay means that Ashley's judged his position here reasonably well. There obviously aren't a lot of clubs keen to better whatever we've offered. It's taking time because OM and Dassier are doing everything they can think of -- delaying tactics, rumours carefully fed to the press, moving goalposts -- to try and conjure a better offer, or to spook Ashley into upping his one. But Ashley may well be right to hold firm, and we could still get a really good deal here.

Why aren't there loads of other clubs chasing an unsettled player with such obvious talent? Because the kid's clearly a trouble-maker and a fucking nutjob. He could work out, he could be a fucking disaster. Posters claiming that there's no risk in spunking a few million on him because if it doesn't work out we could always sell him on for more need to check themselves into the repair shop and get their logic circuits replaced. If it didn't work out we'd have wasted whatever we spent on him.

It's clear the money is no longer there for the expensive failures of the past – the Owens or Luques or Vianas. Loan with option to buy is definitely the right way to go, and even if it doesn't happen, I can't blame the club for trying what seems to me to be correct strategy.

That's the only reason we are even able to go for a player of his ability. If he was perfect temperament we wouldn't even have a look in. Ashley is spending no money so we can hardly be picky about the imperfections of young international prospects. That's how you end up buying Leon Bests and Kevin Nolans. What a fucking genius Ashley is in the transfer market.

Guest zinaldo1982

What is 6m pounds on a player that werder bremen think could replace ozil,ac milan would love to have,rubin kazan,hoffeneim bid a massive 8m,i mean come on this guy is worth it because fergie would have never tried to buy him on 3 occasions if that wasn't the case.

We are not talking about a nobody but a genuine,pacy,skilled,versatile,young enough to command a higher fee than the measly 6m pounds at the end of the season,is that hard to fathom.

If we don't spend a penny this transfer window I will be really disappoint at Chris. Why going out and say we have money bollocks? If this is the case he is clearly a puppet for Ashley.

Agreed.

What is 6m pounds on a player that werder bremen think could replace ozil,ac milan would love to have,rubin kazan,hoffeneim bid a massive 8m,i mean come on this guy is worth it because fergie would have never tried to buy him on 3 occasions if that wasn't the case.

We are not talking about a nobody but a genuine,pacy,skilled,versatile,young enough to command a higher fee than the measly 6m pounds at the end of the season,is that hard to fathom.

They don't think that. 

Why aren't there loads of other clubs chasing an unsettled player with such obvious talent? Because the kid's clearly a trouble-maker and a f***ing nutjob. He could work out, he could be a f***ing disaster. Posters claiming that there's no risk in spunking a few million on him because if it doesn't work out we could always sell him on for more need to check themselves into the repair shop and get their logic circuits replaced. If it didn't work out we'd have wasted whatever we spent on him.

It's clear the money is no longer there for the expensive failures of the past the Owens or Luques or Vianas. Loan with option to buy is definitely the right way to go, and even if it doesn't happen, I can't blame the club for trying what seems to me to be correct strategy.

To me the delay could also mean that Ashley and his employees haven't a clue as to how fragile our Premiership status is.  They seem to once again be only too willing to gamble that we'll have enough to keep us up when in reality we're piss poor and a quality signing is more likely to keep us up than saving what is relatively a pittance when compared to what would be lost through relegation.

Guest zinaldo1982

This guy would go to whichever club agree to pay marseille what they want after he gives up hope on coming here despite his best efforts and then we would see coming to old trafford with werder or whoever,completely tear them apart and would be wondering how what a player when we could have bought him a for 5m pounds,not 10 but 5m pounds.

Signing talented, moody players always leads to destruction; just look at the likes of Cantona, Bellamy, Maradona and Romario for incontrovertible proof of such folly. Far better getting in the likes of Danny Simpson and Ryan Taylor, good steady professionals. Talent? Hardest game in the world, mate.

Guest zinaldo1982

Yes they do because his best position is behind the striker just like ozil was but ben arfa is better on the wings than ozil ever was but they would buy him because of his versatility and relative young age still and of course the price which is ridiculous.

This guy would go to whichever club agree to pay marseille what they want after he gives up hope on coming here despite his best efforts and then we would see coming to old trafford with werder or whoever,completely tear them apart and would be wondering how what a player when we could have bought him a for 5m pounds,not 10 but 5m pounds.

He would come to Old Trafford, and tear Man Utd apart?  With a team like Bremen?  :lol:

Guest zinaldo1982

Yes because they are very good going forward and him behind the striker would allow him the freedom to wreck havoc without having to worry too much about defensive duties,do you seriously think fletcher would be able to stop him if he can't catch and scholes would have been sent off with his rubbish tackles after being left for dead by his skills and acceleration.

Yes because they are very good going forward and him behind the striker would allow him the freedom to wreck havoc without having to worry too much about defensive duties,do you seriously think fletcher would be able to stop him if he can't catch and scholes would have been sent off with his rubbish tackles after being left for dead by his skills and acceleration.

Can I have some of what your taking please?