Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Rough Translation:

After a long day of negotiations, representatives of Hatem Ben Arfa, who are in England with the player, and leaders of Newcastle have agreed. Before formalizing the loan with option to purchase the English club awaits the final elements of the medical visit. A press conference is scheduled Monday.

Technic

Scott Wilson says deal is loan to purchase after 25 games played w/ fee of around £5m.

That's a ludicrous price for a full international who will clearly have done well if he's played 25 games and kept us up. I'll wait for confirmation (and the end of the transfer window) before praising the board but it looks a cracking deal.

alternativly its a ludicrous price for a player who walked out on his previous club  to secure an 11mill euro move and his current (?) club are prerpared to lose half of that to be rid ?

go figure....if he does come in on a sign on permanent later deal i'd like to know how binding it is towards him AND us ?

Comes down to whether you trust Hughton to be able to handle him. He's trouble, of that there's no doubt.

Assuming Hughton has a say in transfers (:shifty:) he clearly believes he can tame him. Hopefully a positive of this circus is that the player is no longer quite so highly-rated as when he was younger and wants to prove himself in this league.

Didn't the HBA/Marseille situation start when MRS said that he should leave and find a new club.  Can't really blame him for not feeling wanted/appreciated and all warm n fuzzy about MRS.

It's like telling your lass to sling her hook because you're about to hook up with a new one that's prettier and has bigger boobs, and then wonder why she won't stay when the new girl falls through.

no its not, its like your employer saying times are tight and you may have to go then saying "hey we've got a new order. if you want to leave you'll have to put your notice in"

And at that point when you already have a new job lined up.....do you say, of course I'll stay, I never wanted to leave you?  or do you tell them that your off and they can kiss your ***?

doesnt matter if you are still under contract to them.

Technically yes - but the question was about whether he was a distruptive influence - and it looks like MRS told him to find a new club and so he did.  So the initiating factor of this was due to MRS not HBA.  Would he have stayed and been happy if MRS had valued him and wanted him to stay?

Technic

Scott Wilson says deal is loan to purchase after 25 games played w/ fee of around £5m.

That's a ludicrous price for a full international who will clearly have done well if he's played 25 games and kept us up. I'll wait for confirmation (and the end of the transfer window) before praising the board but it looks a cracking deal.

alternativly its a ludicrous price for a player who walked out on his previous club  to secure an 11mill euro move and his current (?) club are prerpared to lose half of that to be rid ?

go figure....if he does come in on a sign on permanent later deal i'd like to know how binding it is towards him AND us ?

Comes down to whether you trust Hughton to be able to handle him. He's trouble, of that there's no doubt.

Assuming Hughton has a say in transfers (:shifty:) he clearly believes he can tame him. Hopefully a positive of this circus is that the player is no longer quite so highly-rated as when he was younger and wants to prove himself in this league.

Didn't the HBA/Marseille situation start when MRS said that he should leave and find a new club.  Can't really blame him for not feeling wanted/appreciated and all warm n fuzzy about MRS.

It's like telling your lass to sling her hook because you're about to hook up with a new one that's prettier and has bigger boobs, and then wonder why she won't stay when the new girl falls through.

no its not, its like your employer saying times are tight and you may have to go then saying "hey we've got a new order. if you want to leave you'll have to put your notice in"

And at that point when you already have a new job lined up.....do you say, of course I'll stay, I never wanted to leave you?  or do you tell them that your off and they can kiss your ***?

Technically yes - but the question was about whether he was a distruptive influence - and it looks like MRS told him to find a new club and so he did.  So the initiating factor of this was due to MRS not HBA.  Would he have stayed and been happy if MRS had valued him and wanted him to stay?

oh i see you have to be happy.

Guest malandro

Technic

This is the second time he’s gone on strike to force a move. I’d say that was fairly consistent with a player with disruptive tendencies.

Guest malandro

Monday? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Deadline day is Tuesday, it wouldn’t be right if this saga didn’t drag on until the bitter end.

Press conference Monday (if true) doesn't mean it can't be announced before that.

can be, many players have sid that when they've posed for the cameras singing the contract its aactually beenm a blank sheet with everything being done well before.

Marseille have claimed Hatem Ben Arfa is in advanced talks with Newcastle after the winger travelled to England on Friday.

The French champions said they had reached an agreement with the Barclays Premier League team, and the deal is now subject to Ben Arfa's approval.

"I think they will now agree," Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier said in comments reported by L'Equipe. "If that happens, I think we will quickly see Ben Arfa in Newcastle colours. I hope they agree."

Earlier this month, Ben Arfa went on strike from training in a bid to force through the move, and Dassier regrets the way his Marseille career appears to have come to an end.

"Unfortunately for Hatem, and this is not just from me, his father has agreed also, he has not received good advice," Dassier said.

"He is a good kid, but when I say kid, that is what I mean. His behaviour was very disappointing. There was an inability to get along and thrive in Marseille."

However, Dassier wished the 23-year-old Ben Arfa the best in the next stage of his career.

"I hope he can express his quality and get back to normal life as a professional footballer wherever he goes."

Guest nufcmatty2010

I can just see ch after the wolves game denying it again

So chris we see you have bought ben arfa with him watching from the stands today was it a hard transfer to complete

CH - its just speculation atm :D