Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Met him at the airport yesterday, he was headed to Paris. Very sound lad, Took a picture with him too

Don't put out any pictures on here unless you are Brad Pitt, Fugazi can tell you that.

Hahahaha, my thoughts exactly.

He'll be like new signing for us.

:lol:

Textbook.

the fact that they always feed us with this type of bullshit to avoid spending (much) money aside, HE IS A FUCKING NEW SIGNING

In the press conference it wasn't Pardew that said he was like a new signing, a journo asked him whether he was. Pardew smiled at the line, but pretty much couldn't help but agree iirc.

Can't wait till HBA injects some creativity and flair into our side instead of passing the ball sideways and backwards

Something that has worked very well for us all season thank you very much.

Can't wait till HBA injects some creativity and flair into our side instead of passing the ball sideways and backwards

No it hasn't.

No it hasn't.

We've scored the fifth most goals in the league despite only passing the ball sideways and backwards. seems like people still think football is played like FIFA.

No it hasn't.

We've scored the fifth most goals in the league despite only passing the ball sideways and backwards. seems like people still think football is played like FIFA.

And we've also struggled in numerous games due to not having somebody in the midfield who can open up a defence.

No it hasn't.

And we've also struggled in numerous games due to not having somebody in the midfield who can open up a defence.

Nah we've strugled because our strikers haven't been good enough, or because of defensive mistakes, or injuries/suspensions or because our better players have just had an off day. It is those issues which mean that we are 'only' midtable.

The only space for a creative player at the club is left wing or up front. Ben Arfa should get one of those and that will be enough. My concern is that if he doesn't play a perfect through ball every match (this won't happen) people will still be saying we aren't creative enough and want to rip out even more of a very good team.

No it hasn't.

Nah we've strugled because our strikers haven't been good enough, or because of defensive mistakes, or injuries/suspensions or because our better players have just had an off day. It is those issues which mean that we are 'only' midtable.

The only space for a creative player at the club is left wing or up front. Ben Arfa should get one of those and that will be enough. My concern is that if he doesn't play a perfect through ball every match (this won't happen) people will still be saying we aren't creative enough and want to rip out even more of a very good team.

Aye, ok, it's because of those reasons and nothing to do with a lack of creativity. :lol:

True, we're fine. Might as well sell him in the summer :thup:

this forum is going to explode when he gets back and scores a winner for us. total meltdown

At least HBA comes close to matching the hype and buildup - unlike that soiled wankrag of a player, Ranger...

Come on, he's an inexperienced kid who should never be expected to lead the line right now.

I wish people wouldn't get so extreme on here after a defeat. A narrow defeat to a Villa side with a dangerous attack, and us with half our best players missing, and suddenly everyone is shite.

We really need him for the run to the end of the season, one for the points but also I am hoping he can prove having him here makes us a club worth staying with/signing for.

We don't need him until we are have the likes of Wigan and Wolves breathing down our necks.

this forum is going to explode when he gets back and scores a winner for us. total meltdown

At least HBA comes close to matching the hype and buildup - unlike that soiled wankrag of a player, Ranger...

:lol: fuck sake.

Come on, he's an inexperienced kid who should never be expected to lead the line right now.

I wish people wouldn't get so extreme on here after a defeat. A narrow defeat to a Villa side with a dangerous attack, and us with half our best players missing, and suddenly everyone is shite.

I'm pretty sure that whenever I've commented on Ranger it's been to say he's shite. It's just that after the Villa game I realised that to say he's shite is cruel to shite.

Not everyone was that bad really - I thought that even some of those that were criticised in the match thread weren't as bad as suggested. Lovenkrands, Barton, Jose Enrique, Jonas - these all came in for criticism I thought was undeserved. But I felt Taylor and especially Ranger were at least as bad as their critics said.

Having said that, I apologise for taking the HBA thread off track. As the first half of the post you quoted said - I'm excited about HBA's return because he's almost as good as the hype! (No one could hope to live up to repeat wanks over the Everton YouTube vid, but it IS exciting that he's a part of the squad going forward!)