Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

All of the HBA fanboys denying that the media has picked up on the fact that he is hard to deal with can refer to these.

Here's the Journal article and the mention is halfway down the page:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/10/25/settled-side-seen-to-be-the-right-formula-for-alan-pardew-61634-29654843/

Here are links where other "news outlets" picked up on it:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/newcastle-boss-pardew-unsure-about-man-managing-ben-arfa-long-term-2003151

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/23/ben-arfa-s-swansea-snub-was-simple-misunderstanding-79310-29642106/

Just saying...

Reminds me of a certain Welsh Wizard that was either the darling of the supporters or a mad c*nt depending on the day.

Really? Where did I say this then?

Like a lot, I havent been a fan of Jonas over the years due to his shocking end product. Big deal.

That's fair enough as a lot of people used to share your opinion, but how can you say he's been nothing other than exceptional this season?

As for Ben Arfa, give hime time man.  If you expected him to come back and immediately play like he did at Goodison then you're never going to like him, and that would be fucking stupid.

He had a career threatening injury, give him time to get his match sharpness back, which could take at least another few weeks.  Once he does he'll start to control games like the quality player he is.

All of the HBA fanboys denying that the media has picked up on the fact that he is hard to deal with can refer to thers.

Here's the Journal article and the mention is halfway down the page:

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/10/25/settled-side-seen-to-be-the-right-formula-for-alan-pardew-61634-29654843/

Here are links where other "news outlets" picked up on it:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/newcastle-boss-pardew-unsure-about-man-managing-ben-arfa-long-term-2003151

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/23/ben-arfa-s-swansea-snub-was-simple-misunderstanding-79310-29642106/

Just saying...

Reminds me of a certain Welsh Wizard that was either the darling of the supporters or a mad c*nt depending on the day.

Yet in all those quotes Pardew denies that he refused to play, so there is actually no story at all.

Take off your HBA fanboy glasses for a moment.

I said "the media has picked up on the fact that he is hard to deal with"...

Pardew himself confirms this in direct quotes in the Journal article. To wit - Alan Pardew admits they need to man-manage Hatem Ben Arfa carefully.

“He’s not going to have a personality that’s going to be calm, come in the normal time, work and go home. He’s not that type of character and you’ve got to be able to manage it. We’ve managed him OK so far. Whether that continues I don’t know."

So he is difficult, doesn't play by the same rules as the rest of the team BUT conjured a moment of magic v. Everton a year ago. Yep - sounds about fair.

Why are people linking to stories about the club/Pardew denying this 'bad behaviour' :lol:

"It says they denied it so it must be true!!!" :lol:

Why do you think it was brought up in the Sunday Sun and again in the journal today ???

See I see a player like Marveaux, out nearly a year, desperate to get fit and taking part in every reserve and behind closed door game he can get.

I then see Ben Arfa, know his previous, see these comments in the paper, listen to what Pardew is saying about how they have to be very careful with his character etc etc

Forgive me for WONDERING if there could be any smoke without fire.

How silly of me :-)

You've missed the point pretty dramatically here like Canuck.

Nobody is claiming Ben Arfa is all roses. As of yet though, at Newcastle, he hasn't done anything wrong. Should we sell the c*** for the craic?

Exactly.

Why are people linking to stories about the club/Pardew denying this 'bad behaviour' :lol:

Why do you think it was brought up in the Sunday Sun and again in the journal today ???

See I see a player like Marveaux, out nearly a year, desperate to get fit and taking part in every reserve and behind closed door game he can get.

I then see Ben Arfa, know his previous, see these comments in the paper, listen to what Pardew is saying about how they have to be very careful with his character etc etc

You're seeing what you want to see, what about when Pardew said Ben Arfa stops back and does extra training?

You're seeing what you want to see, what about when Pardew said Ben Arfa stops back and does extra training?

Clearly just wants to make the rest of the squad feel inadequate about their own training schedules. Get rid.

Ben Arfa apologist

It's common knowledge that Ben Arfa has a difficult personality. As of yet though, he's done nothing wrong here. Simple as that. And this "Ben Arfa fanboy" stuff - urgh. Fair enough, there's some frenchies who may like him more than Newcastle, but the ones who get called it here are people standing up for a quality player, who just got back from a year long injury spell, and who's done nothing wrong.

Probably because the journalists involved work in the same room about 6 feet from each other.

Two questions:

1. How do you know if Ben Arfa has refused to play for the reserves (going against all EVIDENCE from Pardew that he didn't)?

2. How do you know if Pardew even wants him to play in the reserves? Not every player goes that route when they come back from injury.

1. We know the journos were told he was playing. We also know he didn't travel and ended up in Tunisia.

The club then talk about a relative being ill and then talk about it being a mis communication?

I don't know if he did refuse or not. I'm simply commenting on a story in today's papers.

2. Well that route seems good enough for everyone else, particularly Marveaux. I also doubt he would have been named in the reserve team to play had Pardew not wanted it. The club initially said he wasn't in the reserves due to family illness not because the club didn't want him to appear.

Everyone is talking about him needing games and fitness yet no one seems able to explain why is isn't getting this game time in the reserves?

Could have got a good forty five minutes under his belt last week but didn't appear.

Just all seems a bit odd to me.

I would rather have had him coming back onto the first team at near full fitness and sharpe.

Regardless of this conspiracy story, perhaps someone could shed some light on why he isn't taking the Marveaux route back?

I'm simply talking about today's press comments is all.

It's common knowledge that Ben Arfa has a difficult personality. As of yet though, he's done nothing wrong here. Simple as that. And this "Ben Arfa fanboy" stuff - urgh. Fair enough, there's some frenchies who may like him more than Newcastle, but the ones who get called it here are people standing up for a quality player, who just got back from a year long injury spell, and who's done nothing wrong.

Mind you benarfaNUFC's posts of late have been nothing but negative - the whole "Ben Arfa will leave in January" for example. Paranoia beyond belief.

Hasn't Marveaux only played 1 reserve game?