Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest zinaldo1982

Please let this be true ben arfa would be a joy to watch in the premier league and as long as he puts in the work and plays as team player then he should be able to handle this league properly.

Guest Heneage

Always wary of Loan deals.

WHY.

Well it often feels like an extended trial really. I can't think of many loan players signed permanently who was of any great success. (Awaits 100's of examples.)

Guthrie went missing far too often in 08-09. I do admire his ability on the ball but he's just too slow and too weak.

Mate in 08/09 Guthrie was what 20/21 and in his first season with us so I think its bit unfair judging him on that

Loan isn't the perfect outcome like, would much prefer him on a permanent. Most likely scenario if he comes is he becomes our stand out player next season, proves he can cut it at this level and Marsielle sell him for about £10m to someone else next year and we're back to square one. Obviously you can argue he'll flop but I reckon if he came he'd be our key player as he's the only one with an ounce of flair and creativity.

Always wary of Loan deals.

WHY.

Well it often feels like an extended trial really. I can't think of many loan players signed permanently who was of any great success. (Awaits 100's of examples.)

Helder & Distin weren't bad loan deals at all. If he comes in and does for us what Cisse did at Sunderland, I'm not particularly bothered if it doesn't become a permanent deal.

Guthrie went missing far too often in 08-09. I do admire his ability on the ball but he's just too slow and too weak.

Mate in 08/09 Guthrie was what 20/21 and in his first season with us so I think its bit unfair judging him on that

:thup:

Nolan was an experienced pro brought in to steady the ship, Guthrie was a young lad thrown in at the deep end from the moment the ship started sinking. I think acceptances should be made moreso for Guthrie than Nolan.

Loan isn't the perfect outcome like, would much prefer him on a permanent. Most likely scenario if he comes is he becomes our stand out player next season, proves he can cut it at this level and Marsielle sell him for about £10m to someone else next year and we're back to square one. Obviously you can argue he'll flop but I reckon if he came he'd be our key player as he's the only one with an ounce of flair and creativity.

The thing is, even if he comes in, struggles to adapts and doesn't show his full ability - he'll still probably be better than most of the team.

Depends on whether we would get first dibs on him next season, and already agree a fee with Marseille for next season.

first dibs means nowt unless its an option to extend the contract as opposed to first in the queue to try to get him.

21/22 actually.

Has he improved since then? No, the same weaknesses still apply. He's still slow, weak and lacking in endurance.

We cannot expect to stay up with both Nolan and Guthrie in the first Xl.

arguably more important than Guthrie's physical weaknesses (which clearly do exist) are his mental weaknesses. His head drops far too easily, he goes missing at least as much as the likes of Nolan and Smith and when he's on the end of a bad challenge he spends half an hour trying to get his own back rather than playing football.

if you look at him he's actually somewhat stocky but doesn't know how to ride challenges or keep his balance or use his body to shield the ball or press bigger opponents. a player like iniesta, who is no more physically imposing than Guthrie, can do all that. i mean you look at someone like Bowyer who is the weediest player we've ever had yet he was mentally aggressive so, to some extent, overcame physical limitations.

Please let this be true ben arfa would be a joy to watch in the premier league and as long as he puts in the work and plays as team player then he should be able to handle this league properly.

Yeeeesssss........

Guest BooBoo

Everton have had a lot of success with the whole try before you buy style of loan. Given the reputation of this Ben Arfa he sounds very much like he could be brilliant or not arsed at all. If we can wrangle it a loan deal would be perfect for someone like guts rathe than gambling our funds on one player.

Something doesn't add up here.

If he has a clause that allows him to leave for 3 million Euros next summer,why are they supposedly allowing him to join on loan and have turned down supposedly 4 mill for a permanent deal??

Guest taps01

If he has a clause that allows him to leave for 3 million Euros next summer,why are they supposedly allowing him to join on loan and have turned down supposedly 4 mill for a permanent deal??

Wages

Wages

They sell him now for €4mill and get rid of his wage.

They loan him out to us for a loan fee about €800.000, gets rid of his wage and sell him for €3mill next summer.

Whats the difference?

Guest taps01

Wages

They sell him now for 4mill and get rid of his wage.

They loan him out to us for a loan fee about 800.000, gets rid of his wage and sell him for 3mill next summer.

Whats the difference?

A loan to us would suit Ben Arfa far more than signing a 5 year contract with us.

Everton have had a lot of success with the whole try before you buy style of loan. Given the reputation of this Ben Arfa he sounds very much like he could be brilliant or not arsed at all. If we can wrangle it a loan deal would be perfect for someone like guts rathe than gambling our funds on one player.

This club is copying too much of Everton...

Wages

They loan him out to us for a loan fee about €800.000, gets rid of his wage and sell him for €3mill next summer.

Whats the difference?

A loan to us would suit Ben Arfa far more than signing a 5 year contract with us.

Yeah, but its Marseille who turned down the bid, not Ben Arfa himself.

Guest taps01

Wages

Whats the difference?

Yeah, but its Marseille who turned down the bid, not Ben Arfa himself.

[/quote

Is it common knowledge that there is a 3 mil buy out clause?