Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

So if what we're led to believe is true, a current French international would rather join us than Hoffenhiem, Benfica or Rubin Kazan.

Alright two of those are not traditionally 'big' clubs, but all have done far, far better than we have in recent times. Even if he just plans to use us as a stepping stone then it's pretty positive news that we're an attractive option for such a player.

Makes you wonder what we could do, with our current transfer policy, with a bit of cash.

this is nufc something will cock this deal up

1/3...better offer from elsewhere

4/5...wages

evens ...medical

2/1...missing paperwork

5/1....russian forest fire spread across europe and season is suspended.

Guest malandro

I'm really confused as to why he wants to play for us so badly, I know people have said its the lure of the Premiership, but he's turned down way better teams to get here - reportedly. He doesn't have a large family that wish to claim benefits does he?  :harry:

Apart from the OTT wages, what is the lure of the Premiership?

For any Bet365 subscribers, you can watch tonight's Marseille game streamed for free on there. I've got money on them so I've got it on,  will try and keep an eye out for him coming off the bench.

He's on the field now.

Be a bit crap if it didn't happen like.,

aye, could be a meltdown for some.

if he were to sign where (as in which position,you pedants) do you see him playing ?

Behind Carroll.

thats where i'd like to see him. (even a 3 of him,jonas and routledge being mobile...pulling wide etc but not rigidly left or right) with barton and nolan behind them.

I'm really confused as to why he wants to play for us so badly, I know people have said its the lure of the Premiership, but he's turned down way better teams to get here - reportedly. He doesn't have a large family that wish to claim benefits does he? :harry:

Some of the world's best players to play with and against, in some of the world's best stadia. The prestige of the league and the adulation players receive is second to none.

Even if you don't rate the quality of the football, the lure is obvious.

I'm really confused as to why he wants to play for us so badly, I know people have said its the lure of the Premiership, but he's turned down way better teams to get here - reportedly. He doesn't have a large family that wish to claim benefits does he?  :harry:

Koosday and Tiger Tiger innit  :cheesy:

Guest secteur2010

Strange that he is playing if a deal is close!

Injury scuppers deal

"At least we tried" line trotted out by NUFC

Guest malandro

Some of the world's best players to play with and against, in some of the world's best stadia. The prestige of the league and the adulation players receive is second to none.

Bollocks. Most the world’s best footballers don’t play in the PL and players don’t make career moves based on the quality of the stadia at away games. They want to go to clubs that can win things, failing that they chase the wonga. As we have no chance of winning anything it must be the money that’s luring him to the EPL.

I'm really confused as to why he wants to play for us so badly, I know people have said its the lure of the Premiership, but he's turned down way better teams to get here - reportedly. He doesn't have a large family that wish to claim benefits does he? :harry:

Bollocks. Most the world’s best footballers don’t play in the PL and players don’t make career moves based on the quality of the stadia at away games. They want to go to clubs that can win things, failing that they chase the wonga. As we have no chance of winning anything it must be the money that’s luring him to the EPL.

Why ask then? You have a pretty depressing view of football. Thought about following rugby instead?

The club can't win with you, the other week you were moaning we weren't ambitious enough. Now we're only in with a chance of getting this guy because of the money.