Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

You are fairly clueless about football for somebody who claims to be in his mid 40's.  Ben Arfa did very little wrong yesterday apart from giving away a free kick for going in too high with his foot up around waist height and another time when we cleared the ball from the centre of our defence and he couldn't control a ball with his chest.  Other than that he played fairly well and took pressure off us when others around him were struggling after Monday night’s game.

What about the time when Ba was in space and only needed to be slipped through to have a clear run on goal, instead of doing that Ben Arfa heheld on to it too long and tried to beat the fullback again before losing possession.

What he'll find is if he doesn't start releasing the ball at the right time soon then our players will stop making those runs, we've seen that with unpredictable players here in the past.

He had a split second, and that's all it was to try and bend a ball between two defenders.  Ba had a Distin between him and Ben Arfa and Ben Arfa had the fullback next to him so the gap was tiny, he also had McFadden closing him down.

So instead of looking for Ba he tried to beat the defender again and lost it.

Brilliant ball retention that. :lol:

Both Ben Arfa and Ba had been doubled up on by the time Ben Arfa lost the ball.

You underestimate the lad's intelligence : He was looking for Ba and when he tried to beat the last defender, he was still looking for Ba and the perfect pass. He failed and will fail again in similar situations. But when it succeeds, and it will, you just sit on your sofa and appreciate how pure pleasure football is 

Exactly, I don't mind him losing the ball like that, he's always thinking and looking for options.

He very rarely loses the ball because of aimless running or an incorrect decision, sometimes he just tries things that don't work. When he takes a couple of defenders out of the game and puts Ba in for a goal, we'll be going mental over him again.

You underestimate the lad's intelligence : He was looking for Ba and when he tried to beat the last defender, he was still looking for Ba and the perfect pass.

Rubbish.

You underestimate the lad's intelligence : He was looking for Ba and when he tried to beat the last defender, he was still looking for Ba and the perfect pass.

Rubbish.

Would be nice if you would elaborate.

Can't believe some of the mind-numbing, repetitive drivvle being discussed in here. The lad has made a handful of cameos that barely amount to 90 minutes in the league. Essentially there is fuck all to talk about at the moment, so I don't know how you're managing to generate so much discussion.

Contrary-for-the-sake-of-it WUMs like CT are a fucking poison to this place.

Can't believe some of the mind-numbing, repetitive drivvle being discussed in here. The lad has made a handful of cameos that barely amount to 90 minutes in the league. Essentially there is f*** all to talk about at the moment, so I don't know how you're managing to generate so much discussion.

Contrary-for-the-sake-of-it WUMs like CT are a f***ing poison to this place.

Can't believe some of the mind-numbing, repetitive drivvle being discussed in here. The lad has made a handful of cameos that barely amount to 90 minutes in the league. Essentially there is f*** all to talk about at the moment, so I don't know how you're managing to generate so much discussion.

:thup:

Wanted to post that really but I couldn't be bothered.

Somehow we've managed to generate about 20 pages of argument about nothing.

Can't believe some of the mind-numbing, repetitive drivvle being discussed in here. The lad has made a handful of cameos that barely amount to 90 minutes in the league. Essentially there is fuck all to talk about at the moment, so I don't know how you're managing to generate so much discussion.

Too true. Both WUMs and fanboys are doing my head in. The kid has barely had any time, stop over analyzing every little thing.

You underestimate the lad's intelligence : He was looking for Ba and when he tried to beat the last defender, he was still looking for Ba and the perfect pass. He failed and will fail again in similar situations. But when it succeeds, and it will, you just sit on your sofa and appreciate how pure pleasure football is

I hope he does soon as he's played in 6 games at SJP so far and done next to nothing in all of them.

Why not just stay out of the thread then  :lol:

Love these people who are all for free speech, as long as its on their terms. Pathetic really.

I was just about to use that very expression in the Gosling thread (mind-numbing) in response to Baggio's wummery. The forum is really downhill atm all thanks to 3 posters, 2 of which are already on my ignore list but others keep quoting them. :(

I need a break.

Guest hatem garrincha

[/quot

Rubbish.

Hum

:thup: Well said.

Guest icemanblue

Aye.

You are fairly clueless about football for somebody who claims to be in his mid 40's.  Ben Arfa did very little wrong yesterday apart from giving away a free kick for going in too high with his foot up around waist height and another time when we cleared the ball from the centre of our defence and he couldn't control a ball with his chest.  Other than that he played fairly well and took pressure off us when others around him were struggling after Monday night’s game.

What about the time when Ba was in space and only needed to be slipped through to have a clear run on goal, instead of doing that Ben Arfa heheld on to it too long and tried to beat the fullback again before losing possession.

What he'll find is if he doesn't start releasing the ball at the right time soon then our players will stop making those runs, we've seen that with unpredictable players here in the past.

He had a split second, and that's all it was to try and bend a ball between two defenders.  Ba had a Distin between him and Ben Arfa and Ben Arfa had the fullback next to him so the gap was tiny, he also had McFadden closing him down.

Mick, Ba was not only unmarked when HBA picked the ball up but he had plenty of space to run in to with only the keeper between him and the goal if it was played early enough, he delayed it far too long and ended up losing it.

Talented played when it usually comes to beating a man but I'm doubting the lads got a footballing brain.

Why not just stay out of the thread then  :lol:

Love these people who are all for free speech, as long as its on their terms. Pathetic really.

He is interested in sensible debate about a NUFC player, not a bunch of fucking mugs with verbal diarrhea continually shitting all over the thread.

You've had your free speech and then some. Free speech failed. Now take a fucking hike.

Guest icemanblue

Mick, Ba was not only unmarked when HBA picked the ball up but he had plenty of space to run in to with only the keeper between him and the goal if it was played early enough, he delayed it far too long and ended up losing it.

Talented played when it usually comes to beating a man but I'm doubting the lads got a footballing brain.

<Count to ten next time, aye?>

:lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Fuck me. Unreal amount of shitness.

Fuck sake. Give the guy a break. He's returning from a long term injury.

Get in Wormy. :pow:

Ah, here, fuck off.

Seriously tempted to get myself banned from this place, like. Doing my nut in reading this shite day after day. :lol:

Plenty of talented players don't have the brain to go with it, Asprilla was a perfect example of it here.

So what makes you think Ben Arfa does? Considering he looks anything but a team player when he's out there.