Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we don't sign him, it'll go down as yet another monumental NUFC f*** up imo. Young French international star with five French league titles to his name, desperate to come here and going for peanuts and we're trying to scrabble around for pennies to loan the f***er. More ridiculous penny pinching from the despicable fat c***.

:lol:

Hilarious. In a world where James Milner costs £30m, this kid's going for about £6-8m and we're trying to LOAN him??? Ashley's even dumber than I gave him credit for.

I just think you've got a really big chip on your shoulder, and because of that it makes discussing Newcastle difficult .

This approach has seen us relegated once and will probably see us relegated again. If I've a chip on my shoulder, it's well earned.

What approach? We know nothing of this deal, have the club said we bid for him? No Marseille have done all the talking.

Exactly, we know what Marseille have said. Newcastle have said there's been nothing happening, when there clearly has, NUFC under Ashley have 'lie' as their default setting.

This is just a ridiculous statement. :lol: Castigate Ashley as much as you want, I suppose, but not many clubs have 'inform the world of our behind the scene transfers dealings'as their default setting. It is a hardly a lie.

I'm sorry where did I say we had to inform the world? But I've seen us play it down from minute one, so far as to never at one point have I seen us declare an interest if there's a ridiculous statement here, it's yours.

??? How would releasing a media statement of any sort not be informing the world? Why should we have to inform the media outlets of any progress? I'm rather pleased our transfer strategy doesn't include releasing ridiculous statements to placate the fans. Get the player signed and then take the plaudits.

The one thing still going for us is he would be a guaranteed starter.

The Marseille fans on that forum appear to believe that this Niang leaving will mean he is a guaranteed starter there.

OMPLANETE is full of idiots, if this is the one you are talking about. Too massive to be helpful. Anyway, if the Luis Fabiano deal comes off (as it seems it will), then I think he would be a direct replacement for Niang in our systems.

You're probably likely to know more about this than anyone, but what's the chances of him digging his heels in for the move? Seemingly the way he has been messed about by Deschamps, is he the kind of character to accept it and stay or will bridges be burned so to speak?

The situation between him and Deschamps is tenuous, but at the end of the day, he does have a clause to leave at the end of next season and is playing at CL club. From the beginning, it wasnt really as much Ben Arfa trying to force a move as the management trying to sell him. I suppose it depends how much this has hurt HBA. The management does seem rather stronghanded, though. Taiwo was throwing up a storm about leaving for Atletico, but they denied him quite aggresively.

Guest Heneage

If we don't sign him, it'll go down as yet another monumental NUFC f*** up imo. Young French international star with five French league titles to his name, desperate to come here and going for peanuts and we're trying to scrabble around for pennies to loan the f***er. More ridiculous penny pinching from the despicable fat c***.

Hilarious. In a world where James Milner costs £30m, this kid's going for about £6-8m and we're trying to LOAN him??? Ashley's even dumber than I gave him credit for.

I just think you've got a really big chip on your shoulder, and because of that it makes discussing Newcastle difficult .

This approach has seen us relegated once and will probably see us relegated again. If I've a chip on my shoulder, it's well earned.

What approach? We know nothing of this deal, have the club said we bid for him? No Marseille have done all the talking.

Exactly, we know what Marseille have said. Newcastle have said there's been nothing happening, when there clearly has, NUFC under Ashley have 'lie' as their default setting.

This is just a ridiculous statement. :lol: Castigate Ashley as much as you want, I suppose, but not many clubs have 'inform the world of our behind the scene transfers dealings'as their default setting. It is a hardly a lie.

I'm sorry where did I say we had to inform the world? But I've seen us play it down from minute one, so far as to never at one point have I seen us declare an interest if there's a ridiculous statement here, it's yours.

??? How would releasing a media statement of any sort not be informing the world? Why should we have to inform the media outlets of any progress? I'm rather pleased our transfer strategy doesn't include releasing ridiculous statements to placate the fans. Get the player signed and then take the plaudits.

The Marseille fans on that forum appear to believe that this Niang leaving will mean he is a guaranteed starter there.

OMPLANETE is full of idiots, if this is the one you are talking about. Too massive to be helpful. Anyway, if the Luis Fabiano deal comes off (as it seems it will), then I think he would be a direct replacement for Niang in our systems.

You're probably likely to know more about this than anyone, but what's the chances of him digging his heels in for the move? Seemingly the way he has been messed about by Deschamps, is he the kind of character to accept it and stay or will bridges be burned so to speak?

The situation between him and Deschamps is tenuous, but at the end of the day, he does have a clause to leave at the end of next season and is playing at CL club. From the beginning, it wasnt really as much Ben Arfa trying to force a move as the management trying to sell him. I suppose it depends how much this has hurt HBA. The management does seem rather stronghanded, though. Taiwo was throwing up a storm about leaving for Atletico, but they denied him quite aggresively.

I'm not talking about releasing a statement, I'm talking about Hughton responding to being directly asked about him in press conferences and post match interviews.

I'm not talking about releasing a statement, I'm talking about Hughton responding to being directly asked about him in press conferences and post match interviews.

when redknapp and ferguson reply to such questions they are accused of tapping up. hughton should clam up even more, after a ferw months of saying "you know i can't answer that" they'll stop asking.

those horrid vultures employed by the press can easily be stopped, it just takes enough people to say nowt.

Guest zinaldo1982

The difference between him and taiwo is that deschamps rate taiwo more especially a full back but also because they are thinking of letting heinze leave and they are quietly confident of agreeing a new contract with him before next january.

Ben arfa from the get go has never been on deschamps good books and it was pretty clear that he wanted him leave out of any of the players he has there so really if you ben arfa who is continuously snubbed and told get the.... out of here,no matter how well you play,why would you want to stay there when you clearly know you would be starting for one of the biggest clubs in the premier league in front of 50.000 fans every week.

Ben arfa stays is on the bench for 3 gams in a row,getting just 60 minutes out of all those 3 games but he is on loan at newcastle plays all 3 games from the start and makes a real go of things by maybe scoring but assisting for his team mates to score,i know where i would rather be,because deschamps has shown in the past that he doesn't rate him.

I say stick to your guns hatem even go as far to say,i won't sign a new contract as long as he is the manager and i would be happy to pick up my massive cheques at the end of the month,i remember doing the exact same thing and it was allowed to leave and go to liverpool where he did enough to sign for man city but ben arfa wouldn't be turned down by us lol.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

when redknapp and ferguson reply to such questions they are accused of tapping up. hughton should clam up even more, after a ferw months of saying "you know i can't answer that" they'll stop asking.

those horrid vultures employed by the press can easily be stopped, it just takes enough people to say nowt.

He should learn to talk backwards like on Twin Peaks!

According to L'Equipe HBA is going to try and force a deal to us through and Hughton has promised him a role as playmaker.

Is there a link for that other than the lad on Twitter?

Edit - ah, seen it referred to in a few articles online.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/08/12/toon-boss-hughton-only-sets-realistic-targets-61634-27046508/2/

While Hughton is operating within tight financial parameters, he is still confident of further additions.

He remains coy on the subject of United target and France midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa – claiming there had been no contact between Marseille and Newcastle yesterday – but the reality is that the club are not giving up on him despite the French side’s reticence to give the green light to the deal.

United officials will talk to Ben Arfa’s people and their Marseille counterparts today after he has completed his international duty, but are aware they are not easy people to deal with.