Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

The bid was no doubt a few buttons and a crispy old tenner.

No wonder we've been laughed out of France. Whilst I don't advocate spending way over the odds, if you want a player you make a bid in accordance with his value. Not, like this regime does, bid such low amounts it's questioned whether we are actually serious about signing the player.

Did they dig up pavarotti?

I'll get my coat

We are not going to get him, he can stomp and stamp his feet for a move to us all he likes, but we are not going to get him, Ashley will not pay that much for him and OM seem to be acting like twats, even if we did bid the £6m they seem to want I'm guessing they would then ask for £10m.

Has he been with OM for 2 years?, if he has he can then buy out his contract and become a free agent, then Newcastle could pay him his money back and sign him, though that could in the end become more expensive then his transfer fee.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Some Great crack coming out of this thread, I applaud you all.

But seriously I Can't believe we are his only option and his favorite at that. He must really want out and the thought of going back to OM on Monday must have lit the fire paper.

Ronnie gill have picked up on it.

We are not going to get him, he can stomp and stamp his feet for a move to us all he likes, but we are not going to get him, Ashley will not pay that much for him and OM seem to be acting like twats, even if we did bid the £6m they seem to want I'm guessing they would then ask for £10m.

Has he been with OM for 2 years?, if he has he can then buy out his contract and become a free agent, then Newcastle could pay him his money back and sign him, though that could in the end become more expensive then his transfer fee.

Assuming he is on around 30-40k then it would certainly be worth it. Not sure about the logistics of that kind of deal though...

The bid was no doubt a few buttons and a crispy old tenner.

No wonder we've been laughed out of France. Whilst I don't advocate spending way over the odds, if you want a player you make a bid in accordance with his value. Not, like this regime does, bid such low amounts it's questioned whether we are actually serious about signing the player.

This is the one thing, above all others, that baffles me about Ashley and the way he operates. We've just been promoted and we have a quality player who is reportedly desperate to join us. A player who could be the difference between staying up and going down and he's refusing to cough up. I'm aware of how much he's pumped into the club and, as much as it's hurt us, stabalised the finances a bit and trimmed the wage bill. Why not have a daft £5m(ish) punt on the lad? We're pretty much nailed on to get our money back if it doesn't work out and if it DOES work out then we'll make a fortune when someone bigger and better take him from us.

I've gone past being annoyed at Ashley - he just baffles me now. I don't understand him and how his mind works. Staying up this season means another £40m next year so why not just spend a little bit of the cash for goin up this season to try to stay up this one?

I just don't get him. :hmm:

I can see us walking away from this deal, OM are being total c***s over it.. Ashley is as huffy as a Frenchman so its doomed.

I don't think we have much choice tbh :lol:

Guest michaelfoster

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_3887.png

Interesting... so what number do people think he'll wear once he signs? :p

I'd guess 22.

Well it wont be 21 as Fraser Forster has that number this season. He has a choice of

It seems a waste of a young player who just wants regular football. What's wrong with a £500k loan deal? He obviously doesn't want to play for Marseille and having a player like that on your books is asking for trouble.

It's l'OM's fault for blabbing how they want rid of him and suddenly, when Niang leaves, he will be a 'valuable player'. I'm not one for sticking up for footballers but they are being cunts here.

This is the one thing, above all others, that baffles me about Ashley and the way he operates. We've just been promoted and we have a quality player who is reportedly desperate to join us. A player who could be the difference between staying up and going down and he's refusing to cough up. I'm aware of how much he's pumped into the club and, as much as it's hurt us, stabalised the finances a bit and trimmed the wage bill. Why not have a daft £5m(ish) punt on the lad? We're pretty much nailed on to get our money back if it doesn't work out and if it DOES work out then we'll make a fortune when someone bigger and better take him from us.

I've gone past being annoyed at Ashley - he just baffles me now. I don't understand him and how his mind works. Staying up this season means another £40m next year so why not just spend a little bit of the cash for goin up this season to try to stay up this one?

You assume that Ashley is taking any part in this, it's more likely the work of Llambias than Ashley.

It's clear from Dassiers comments last weekend, that the offer wasn't too low then, considering he said he could sign by Tuesday/Wednesday. It's pretty clear that Ben Arfa has been told that he can join us, only for Marseille to change their minds and call our offer crap (probably due to the Niang situation).

Get the feeling that Dassier is just a massive cocking knobend!

Maybe he expected us to substantially improve our offer as part of the negotiations, only for us to insult their intelligence..? Wouldn't surprise me one bit...

You assume that Ashley is taking any part in this, it's more likely the work of Llambias than Ashley.

You know what I mean though. Switch 'Ashley' for 'the cunts who run the gaff'.