Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Why would the Premier League be a bad option for him? Is that cos he's not good enough or what?

I think someone in this thread said that he has been sometimes struggling physically in the French league.

Why would the Premier League be a bad option for him? Is that cos he's not good enough or what?

Probably because the league is too physical.

Playing against the likes of Stoke or Blackburn is much harder for a technical player than playing against teams like Hannover, Cologne or St. Pauli in the Bundesliga.

Nothing new, was basically saying it wouldn't have been a Press Conference without the Ben Arfa subject being brought into it, he did well in his 30 minutes as a sub the other night, and that if he's still there on Saturday then he'll be available for their first game of the season.

Hamann didn't do that, he left cos of Gullit.

Dutch and German's don't mix well

Gullit the C***!

Hamann was absolutely fekin amazing the latter half of that season. Weren't his stats like the best in the Premier league for that season or something. I'm sure some stats had him as player of the season.

I was shocked when he left, I couldn't believe it, I remember just reading he'd moved to Liverpool and being totally shocked

Yes, its quite  true - Hamman left NUFC mainly because he didn't get on with Gullit ; a huge loss to the club in my opinion and Hamman's signing by Dalglish was one of the reasons that I didn't go along with the view that KD was a bad manager. Who would you rather have at the club, Hamman or the likes of Dyer and Marcelino - both Gullit signings.

Hamman also believed the Board were, as he put it, 'average, so the club was average'.

Gullit the C***!

Hamann was absolutely fekin amazing the latter half of that season. Weren't his stats like the best in the Premier league for that season or something. I'm sure some stats had him as player of the season.

I was shocked when he left, I couldn't believe it, I remember just reading he'd moved to Liverpool and being totally shocked

Guest neesy111

What about Bayern Munich? ;-)

12 years later, it was simple that hamann and gullit couldn't get on together

More brilliant journalism from the UK media

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1299899/Newcastle-target-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-wanted-Hoffenheim.html

But German outfit Hoffenheim are also keen and coach Dietmar Hopp said: 'If we get Ben Arfa, he will be sensational in Germany. He is a magician. Technically he's very strong and very fast.'

:facepalm:

Posted in the last 30 minutes.

http://www.laprovence.com/article/om-a-la-une/mercato-ben-arfa-newcastle-et-rien-dautre

Seems to think we've made an official offer which has been rejected, but will go back for more.

"Marseille have rejected the first offer from Newcastle, which was a long way short of the club's valuation, but given the desire of Ben Arfa and his representatives to go to the Tyneside club, Marseille directors have put forward a counter-offer to the English club, where the two will meet a common ground".