Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

From what we've heard from ben arfa the phrase  'I will not be the man who halts Ben Arfa's career' makes it sound like he's backed down and is going to do a deal with us.

Seems more like he's saying the player is doing so himself tbh, when you consider the comment about him storming out without listening to what Dassier had to say.

http://www.rtl.fr/fiche/5948099605/jean-claude-dassier-sur-rtl-je-ne-serai-pas-l-homme-qui-stoppera-la-carriere-de-ben-arfa.html

"I won't go back to Marseille" were HBA's last words, your reaction?

- We can't accept such an attitude. When you're a professional and have a contract you should respect it.

- I saw him at the start of the week he only stayed in my office for about 40 seconds. I can't say too much about his attitude but it wasn't acceptable.

- We need to find a solution, because I don't want to be the person that will end Ben Arfa's career. That's what the situation is right now if he doesn't have a club. Offers that have come were either turned down by him or by us (because they weren't acceptable).

- Yes we encouraged offers to come in for him, but transfer windows can last a long time. Situations change and clubs are allowed to change their minds.

- Yes, Deschamps told HBA back in July that he didn't need him anymore, but that has changed. I have to follow the wishes of the manager.

- Deschamps changed his mind because Niang received an offer that we couldn't have predicted a few months ago and that was impossible to turn down for Niang and for us. Also Niang would probably have made things even more difficult for us than what HBA is doing now...

**rants about contracts not meaning much these days**

HBA has been saying things like "I'm not a puppet" do you understand his position?

- Once again I don't want to stand in the way of his career when he acts stupidly like he is now.

- We can always find solutions when conflicts arise.

- If he was open to a dialog then maybe we could talk to each other for more than just 40 seconds. There's been no contact with him since.

- If there's no discussion then nothing will happen and his carrer will end as he's an employee of our club.

- If we do talk then we might find a solution.

When you say you don't want to be the one to end his career, does it mean you envisage his departure?

- I can imagine it perfectly well but only if the offers we receive are acceptable. It's not just a rumour that the offers so far have been too low, you know what the English are like they always try to make the most out of any situation.

- What HBA is doing is helping anyone.

- I'm hoping that we end this circus and go back to a more human and normal relationship. Let's sit down and talk.

So he starts off saying they wanted rid but situations change and clubs change their minds, he wants to speak to speak and try and reconcile. Then at the end hes saying he wants to flog him?

Make your mind up man!

So he starts off saying they wanted rid but situations change and clubs change their minds, he wants to speak to speak and try and reconcile. Then at the end hes saying he wants to flog him?

Make your mind up man!

hes making ashley and llambias look competent which is as damning a criticism as i can think of

Audio of Dassier's interview with RTL: http://www.rtl.fr/fiche/5948099605/jean-claude-dassier-je-ne-serai-pas-l-homme-qui-stoppera-la-carriere-de-ben-arfa.html

Thoughts from French-speakers?

Headline is 'I will not be the man who halts Ben Arfa's career'.

Interesting interview. He finds HBA's attitude in this whole affair unacceptable and unprofessional and he makes a big mistake. He has only spoken to him for 40 seconds last week when they met, and HBA left without even listening to what he had to say. He defends the right of the club and in particular Didier Deschamps, to change its mind, as he admits the club has done, because of developments in other transfers (offer to Niang to good to refuse in last year of contract; if they had opposed the situation would have been worse than HBA's) that couldn't have been foreseen. He basically says they have not spoken to HBA since then and wish to speak to him to work together towards a solution that is satisfactory for both parties. He indicates our offer is nowhere near acceptable for l'OM, and accuses us of trying to take advantage of the situation. He also explains that the relationship between HBA and Deschamps is not good at the moment, but he doesn't feel the problem cannot be resolved if they start communicating. He pleads for a return to reasonable and civilised communication in order to find a solution, whatever it may be.

Interestingly, the interview then moves onto the Fabiano transfer, and he complains that everything was sorted between the clubs before, but the goal posts have moved and they are being held to ransom.. ;)

Guest Heneage

the situation is dassier is a moron who seems hopelessly out of his depth in his job

Not really.. I think he is looking after the interest of l'OM, not NUFC's, in the way you would expect him to tbh...

That would be fair comment if we hadn't agreed a deal which he renegade on. The agent himself has said they set conditions which we met, only for them to turn around and change the conditions.

the situation is dassier is a moron who seems hopelessly out of his depth in his job

Not really.. I think he is looking after the interest of l'OM, not NUFC's, in the way you would expect him to tbh...

That would be fair comment if we hadn't agreed a deal which he renegade on. The agent himself has said they set conditions which we met, only for them to turn around and change the conditions.

Like we did with Milner a couple of seasons ago?

Yeah but we are also run by a moron who seems helplessly out of his depth in his job.

This is typical French behaviour on the part of their chairman, one moment it's all gallic superiority complex, then when things seem to be going against them (ie Bafra says fuck you I'm off!), it's all 'let's talk, doesn't the moon look good on the river tonight etc...Deschamps has totally misread Bafra and I think they thought they could well do without him, but now they're not so sure. Fuck them!

Guest Heneage

What has that got to do with anything?The difference in that deal was that we actually cancelled that deal as we wanted to keep the player, we didn't just up the price.

What has that got to do with anything?The difference in that deal was that we actually cancelled that deal as we wanted to keep the player, we didn't just up the price.

Like we did with Dyer?