Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

He is yeah, though Ben Arfa's head and shoulders above him.

I don't think he is tbh. Easier on the eye, maybe.

I disagree, but we might as well leave it at that I suppose.

Please

Don't beg, bad dog!

Guest zinaldo1982

But we need to sign him by this friday because he will be involved in their first game of the season and he could either do something amazing and make them change their minds or get injured which would be a very bad thing so mike better hurry with putting up the offer for him.

They are saying he has packed his things and he is expected to leave by friday with either us or werder bremen.

But we need to sign him by this friday because he will be involved in their first game of the season and he could either do something amazing and make them change their minds or get injured which would be a very bad thing so mike better hurry with putting up the offer for him.

They are saying he has packed his things and he is expected to leave by friday with either us or werder bremen.

You make it sound like he'll leave on Friday with all his luggage but not have a clue where he's going. :lol:

Haven't read the last few pages, but am I the only one thinking that Ben Arfa is our first choice but if that deal falls through we're hoping to get Cleverly on loan?

I've been thinking the same thing for the last few days.

No, you're not. But that may not be posssible, Bolton are after him now. Would be an ideal move for the lad.

Oh well we might as well give up if Bolton are interested..

No, you're not. But that may not be posssible, Bolton are after him now. Would be an ideal move for the lad.

Indeed, he would be a great replacement for Wilshere for Bolton, and would arguably be a step up for them and they are obviously a step up from Watford for Cleverly. Coyle seems to want to play the kind of football that would benefit a player like Cleverly as well.

Oh well we might as well give up if Bolton are interested..

Never said that. But Bolton is probably (at worst) a 10-15 minute drive from where he lives. It would make an awful lot more sense for him to go there.

According to La Provence, Hatem is only willing to Newcastle, and is rejecting all offers from other clubs. :lol: http://www.laprovence.com/article/om-a-la-une/mercato-ben-arfa-newcastle-et-rien-dautre It is a nothing article really, but still worth posting I suppose.

Regardless, we have interest in the player and the player seems willing enough to come. It just may happen. I certianly hope it does.

HBA's problem is that he is an idiot, Kaka. People dislike him, some more than others. He of course had the now famous row with Diaby at Clairefontaine, which he quite lucky to escape from. At Lyon, he quarreled with several players and despite some top quality performances, they took the 10 million or so from OM and moved on. At Marseille, he has been petulant and quarreled with Deschamps. Despite some top quality performances, the team have decided to take the currency and move on.

Isn't part of the reason they're selling now because he'll be available for 3m Euro's next summer?, or do you think that's bull?

That might be part of it I suppose. More than anything, I think the club want to clear the wages and receive the fee, so they can pursue the top midfielders and strikers they have been looking to add. His saga is holding this up in some ways. Also, he's an easy player to get rid of as the manager doesn't seem to like him and Ayew looks ready.

Guest zinaldo1982

Ayew is nowhere near ready but he is a kinda harder worker so didier who likes his team to be defensive minded likes him a lot but talent wise ben arfa is way better even if you had watched the game against psg soon as ben arfa came on then marseille started playing much better.

He gives them pace and creativity from either wings and from the middle also but marseille want to lower their wages and are looking to make so money like u said so he better leave,which is something they are to regret as i cannot see them winning without him coming on to save them like he did to an extent last year.

Ayew is nowhere near ready but he is a kinda harder worker so didier who likes his team to be defensive minded likes him a lot but talent wise ben arfa is way better even if you had watched the game against psg soon as ben arfa came on then marseille started playing much better.

He gives them pace and creativity from either wings and from the middle also but marseille want to lower their wages and are looking to make so money like u said so he better leave,which is something they are to regret as i cannot see them winning without him coming on to save them like he did to an extent last year.

Look, HBA is a nice player, but I hardly think he "saved" us last season. He had a very nice stretch in Feb/Mar and was certainly helpful, but I'll don't think he'll be missed all that much. I thought he underperformed for much of the season, an see no reason to keep him if they'll replace with better players I don't understand how you can take the match against PSG seriously as it was essentially a glorified friendly. It's like deriving insight from the Community Shield.

Imo, OM really don't need him and NUFC really do, so I know what I want to happen.

Guest zinaldo1982

But what you forget is that if he doesn't put in those performances at that time then marseille are not champions because then lucho was struggling big time and marseille a player to be the catalyst and he was.

On him leaving we would see just how marseille but from watching some of the games,it is only after he has come on especially in games where you have struggled that he has always been the spark,i don't see anyone with his pace,dribbling skills and creativity at marseille.