Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BooBoo

I wonder who at NUFC genuinely negotiates with other clubs for buying players.

Under Hall, he had the expert business man cum gobshite Freddie Fletcher along with Russell Cushing who seemed to be at the forefront of most deals and was very astute by all accounts. I think Keegan was brought in to spin the spiel and the trio usually got their target.

I dont think for a second Hughton is involved in such deals and as nice a guy is he is, he hasnt got the gift of the gab. Just who is conducting our business? Ashley has fuck all interest in the day to day dealings of the club and Llambias hasnt got a clue about football. Who of their schleppers do they employ to do their bidding?

its dead imo just dassier trying to drum up interest and no one actually being interested at this stage

Even tricked the player himself then because he showed up.

Its also worth remembering that the reason he showed up was because he went on strike, when Marseille refused to complete the agreed deal with us.

I wonder who at NUFC genuinely negotiates with other clubs for buying players.

Under Hall, he had the expert business man cum gobshite Freddie Fletcher along with Russell Cushing who seemed to be at the forefront of most deals and was very astute by all accounts. I think Keegan was brought in to spin the spiel and the trio usually got their target.

I dont think for a second Hughton is involved in such deals and as nice a guy is he is, he hasnt got the gift of the gab. Just who is conducting our business? Ashley has fuck all interest in the day to day dealings of the club and Llambias hasnt got a clue about football. Who of their schleppers do they employ to do their bidding?

One of them, surely?

# Owner: Mike Ashley

# Managing Director: Derek Llambias

# Club Secretary: Lee Charnley

# Financial Controller: John Irving

# Commercial Director: Dale Aitchison

# Head of Media: Wendy Taylor

# Press Officer: Mark Hannen

Guest neesy111

I'd wager that their collective football knowledge is poorer than any regular poster on here.

i'd bet that some 8 year olds would have better knowledge than them

Basically what I said yesterday.

This whole saga once again highlights the need for a DOF with even a modicum of footballing knowledge. Somehow we'd have been able to do a deal with this lot, even if it meant offering one of our overvalued donkeys, like Jonas.

Anyway, for the umpteenth consecutive time, we have 2 weeks left to save our season.

This whole saga once again highlights the need for a DOF with even a modicum of footballing knowledge. Somehow we'd have been able to do a deal with this lot, even if it meant offering one of our overvalued donkeys, like Jonas.

Anyway, for the umpteenth consecutive time, we have 2 weeks left to save our season.

Apply for the job, Ronaldo!  :clap2:

its dead imo just dassier trying to drum up interest and no one actually being interested at this stage

If we had an agreement with Ben Arfa's club then the only way he will come here is on the agreed terms, I can't see us re-negotiating.

There's still nearly a fortnight before the window closes, or have I missed something?

What's going on at the moment is what you'd call brinkmanship IMO. We don't feel we need to up the offer because the player won't consider any other club. Marseilles feel they may as well hang on, just in case they can squeeze a few more euros out of us.

alreet.. so I was on a holiday and I couldn't do my usual F5 thing for a couple of days.. There's a couple of points in this saga that appear a bit muddy to me..

1. Are we sure he was in Newcastle? It's not ITK info is it? Because the picture can be any fucking airport, any time.. fuckin hell, I'm not even sure thats him there :cheesy:

2. This l'Equipe interview.. who translated it and is it available online? Couldn't find it on the site..

I just find it rather strange that he's so eager to come here man.. we can't even afford him.. He's either looking for the ultimate footballing challenge or we've promised him a lot of bullshit.. I can actually picture uncle Derek "yea yea nous sommes dans le champions league Hatem.. we're seeded for the draw and all that"

Apply for the job, Ronaldo!  :clap2:

I'd take Ronaldo there, I'd take anyone really.

alreet.. so I was on a holiday and I couldn't do my usual F5 thing for a couple of days.. There's a couple of points in this saga that appear a bit muddy to me..

1. Are we sure he was in Newcastle? It's not ITK info is it? Because the picture can be any fucking airport, any time.. fuckin hell, I'm not even sure thats him there :cheesy:

2. This l'Equipe interview.. who translated it and is it available online? Couldn't find it on the site..

I just find it rather strange that he's so eager to come here man.. we can't even afford him.. He's either looking for the ultimate footballing challenge or we've promised him a lot of bullshit.. I can actually picture uncle Derek "yea yea nous sommes dans le champions league Hatem.. we're seeded for the draw and all that"

Look in the OP mate. And it was defo him at Newcastle airport.

Guest zinaldo1982

What do you lot think he means by saying this.

I asked them to add an option in case of automatic continuation in the Premier League. " What the Magpies reject. A reaction that has a knack of annoying the president

I asked them to add an option in case of automatic continuation in the Premier League. " What the Magpies reject. A reaction that has a knack of annoying the president

As Dave said, they want us to commit to signing him and paying the fee next season if we stay up, whether he's played well or not.

A clause on payments to Marseille if we stay up.

As Dave said, they want us to commit to signing him and paying the fee next season if we stay up, whether he's played well or not.

Disagree, read it as Dassier trying to make the payment at the end of the season include extra if we stay up. Which is daft as he wont stay if we dont stay up.

Bizarre to me that some people are happy to see the transfer window just tick happily by and for us to take our time. We are playing on Sunday you know? Seeing as we went down by a point last time, I'd rather not throw a potential three away, thanks very much. Wish the start of the season could be the end date, our attitude just infuriates me.

Disagree, read it as Dassier trying to make the payment at the end of the season include extra if we stay up. Which is daft as he wont stay if we dont stay up.

thats not how it was described over here........lost in tanslation maybe ?

Guest zinaldo1982

Really is that the end of the world,damn we are buying a player who if he had a good behaviour record would be right now playing for either real madrid or man utd,he is versatile and would save us having to spend on more players.

Really i am lost for words about what i think of this ashley.

Really is that the end of the world,damn we are buying a player who if he had a good behaviour record would be right now playing for either real madrid or man utd,he is versatile and would save us having to spend on more players.

Really i am lost for words about what i think of this ashley.

Are you family of one Mr GHoeberX by any chance..?

Look in the OP mate. And it was defo him at Newcastle airport.

ah cheers.. but fucking hell, reading the interview made the situation even more unreal to me.. I mean what kind of a nutter would "retire if they don't let him got to Newcastle" :lol:

thats not how it was described over here........lost in tanslation maybe ?

Maybe, i just read it as if he was basically trying to up the price in roundabout way.

"Du côté des Anglais, je leur ai demandé d'ajouter une option d'achat automatique en cas de maintien en Premier League"

I read that as "to add an automatic option to buy if they stay in the Premier League".

If these clauses were common then Wigan would have been stuck with Zaki, Birmingham would have been forced to pay the £7.5m for Christian Benitez, etc.