Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fine, so as long as Mike says we're skint, we're skint. We'll be having the same argument in ten years and the club will still somehow haemorrage money without spending anything. Not like he was proven to be a liar in court or anything is it?

I'm not talking about the last 18 months, i'm talking about the previous 10-15 years. Where did the money come from and why has that revenue not only dried up but now loses money despite a 20 million private investment on top of it? Sounds to me like he needs to go ask Shepherd how he managed it for so long and get some advice.

I'm not talking about the last 18 months, i'm talking about the previous 10-15 years. Where did the money come from and why has that revenue not only dried up but now loses money despite a 20 million private investment on top of it? Sounds to me like he needs to go ask Shepherd how he managed it for so long and get some advice.

The club was floated and we then spent the cash over time, that still doesn't mean that we can't spend a little now to help us remain in this division.

We have money man.. and imo, it's just a matter of time before they let Hatem here.. as it looks we're the only ones in for him and he's set his heart on coming. OM will just drag it to the last day of the window..

He gambled on getting back into the Champions League blowing £50m in 9 months under Souness, and that fucked us big time.

We have money man.. and imo, it's just a matter of time before they let Hatem here.. as it looks we're the only ones in for him and he's set his heart on coming. OM will just drag it to the last day of the window..

Now that's a post I can believe in.

Yes we can!

Don't be so sure that Hatem still has his heart set on coming here. The Journal is reporting that wages might be a stumbling block, now that our dithering has allowed a few whispers in Ben Arfa's ear his head might well have been turned.

Start of the 90`s we had a better ratio with wages:income, some CL adventures. When we keept spending money, and did fall out of europe, the wage eat away most of our revenue. Its a fact that we in that time borrowd money for players, paid with future income. But we did not succed. Exeption of a few SBR years.

We was in dept when we was sold, and we had problems managing the dept.

But i think its plain stupid of MA no to invest now, keep us up cost less than relegation.

But it looks like he is a gambler, and think we can stay up without a little investment (£5-15m)

:idiot2:

I know but we played in that competition twice previous to that. Where did that money come from to get us there?

Good manager, boom in the economy, it was a buzz in the city, nohing was impossible.

Average player became gods  ;D

But seriously, we had a very good team who got promoted, and we did some fantastic investment who paid of, cant say that these days  :dave:

At that time, our wages was very low compared to the income. (i cant back that up, but i would imagine)

I know but we played in that competition twice previous to that. Where did that money come from to get us there?

At the time we probably did spend within our means, the Robson side was young so can't see the wage bill would have been too bad. The policy changed last few years though. Players like Kluivert, Babayaro, Boumsong, Butt, Owen, Emre, Luque, etc would have given us a wage bill we've never had before.

Regardless of how much we've spent in the past, only an ignorant or arrogant fool would go into this season with our current squad.  It looks like we've got a few fools at the club.

Nut how long will you accept his assertion that the club makes no money then, when it clearly used to make a lot more even with a massive mortgage to pay? Will you just believe him indefinitely that 25 million plus in gate money and 40 million in sky money just vanishes every year on Leon Best's wages? When we're still a yo-yo club in 2020 and still spending zero, is that still ok?

He managed it by going deeper and deeper into debt, didn't he? If you call that managing.

Guest neesy111

He managed it by going deeper and deeper into debt, didn't he? If you call that managing.

:no: most of our debt was due to the stadium

Guest neesy111

Smith, Barton, Nolan, Colocini, Enrique, Xisco

All the highest earners in our squad, all signed under ashley!  so the wage bill is down to him!

So we signed Barton, Ferdinand, Shearer, Ginola et al on debt then ten years later it came back to bite us? What a load of rubbish.

Nut you've not answered my question. How long will you accept the club spending zero on players?

Nut how long will you accept his assertion that the club makes no money then, when it clearly used to make a lot more even with a massive mortgage to pay? Will you just believe him indefinitely that 25 million plus in gate money and 40 million in sky money just vanishes every year on Leon Best's wages? When we're still a yo-yo club in 2020 and still spending zero, is that still ok?

Mate, I can see you've been pushing this for a couple of days, but folk just don't seem to get it. I do btw.

Guest neesy111

Has the club made a profit on transfers under the Ashley regime?

Irrelevant.

so where has that money gone then?

Surely you can grasp that it's not about accepting his patter or trusting the bloke; the fact is what he has said has for the most part been echoed in the accounts.

If the accounts show that we are now raking it in as opposed to losing money year on year, then I'll happily hammer Ashley for not investing that money in the team, but as it stands I'd doubt it - If we were making money he'd surely do what most chairman do and start charging interest on his loans for a start.