Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

All your money questions and gossip about how we r skint , no w er not skint banter set up a new thread and you can have your arguements on that  as it as Jack all to do wtih Hatem Ben Arfa .

Any news on HBA

We can't afford his loan/transfer fee and wages apparently.  So i guess the state of our finances is related to him after all.

Guest James Godden

Ashley has been in charge for 3 years, and what has he done about losses not one bit, his decisions have actually made them worse and promptly got us relegated, he himself should pay for his own mistakes.

if people themselves are going to be skint for 5-10 years they bankrupt themselves, maybe it's better that we should do it?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

J

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-s-move-to-Newcastle-has-hit-the-rails-after-Marseille-accused-them-of-treating-them-like-fools-article558977.html

Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier said: “I asked Newcastle to add an automatic buyout clause if they stay in the Premier League. They refused...It would be better for him to go to Bremen. They are more serious.”

The OM people are right, AShley is just taking the piss and we aren't serious about this deal unless we get him handed on a plate.

Why would we ever agree to that clause though? That would mean of he was crap or had a bad attitude we would still have to sign him no matter what.

It's obvious Marseille want to sell him, not just loan him out, and I can fully understand why they're not happy to accept a deal to buy him after X games. Either we could decide we don't want him and stop playing him, or worse he could get a serious injury after 24 games, and they end up having to pay an injured players wages next year as he runs his contract down. If I was looking after Marseilles finances I'd certainly only take the deal we're allegedly offering as a last resort.

Guest neesy111

Ashley has been in charge for 3 years, and what has he done about losses not one bit, his decisions have actually made them worse and promptly got us relegated, he himself should pay for his own mistakes.

if people themselves are going to be skint for 5-10 years they bankrupt themselves, maybe it's better that we should do it?

You should be ashamed of yourself.

J

my mate was given this advice when he had loan's etc to pay back

i thought it would be how some in your profession made their money from?

Guest neesy111

If those quotes are true its a disgrace for him to release specific details from negotiations, but I think they are aimed at HBA a forget Newcastle they are not serious about you.

tbf, i think marseille should be getting pissed off with us now and rightly so

All your money questions and gossip about how we r skint , no w er not skint banter set up a new thread and you can have your arguements on that  as it as Jack all to do wtih Hatem Ben Arfa .

Any news on HBA

We can't afford his loan/transfer fee and wages apparently.  So i guess the state of our finances is related to him after all.

Your profile photo makes me sick.

If those quotes are true its a disgrace for him to release specific details from negotiations, but I think they are aimed at HBA a forget Newcastle they are not serious about you.

tbf, i think marseille should be getting pissed off with us now and rightly so

Well to be fair it has all been them in the press, they broke the transfer story and started the whole mess, they it would seem changed their mind over the deal and upset their player.

We may have been slow sorting out a deal but these things can take time. We may not be offering what they want but its why its called negotiations, if HBA is still desperate to join us then I can understand why we are trying to drag it out and force their hand a bit.

Probably covering the sponsorship money and wages blown on Owen.

Ashley has masterfully negotiated a new sponsorship deal at half the previous rate now though hasn't he?

The club really is being turned round financially.

tbf, that's because of the economic state we are in now

Not really. Liverpool who are doing so well now replaced their old £7.2m a year sponsorship with Carlsberg with a new £20m per year one for the next 4 years. We went from a £5m a year deal negotiated in 2004 to only £2.5m a year for the next 4. We're no Liverpool in terms of desirability for sponsorship, but it's a reflection of the state of the club more than the state of the economy.

I think Wullie raises a very valid question. The explanation of why we were previously able to invest huge sums is based around 3 financial drivers; growth, debt and inflation. The reasons things have changed is exactly the same reason why people no longer are piling into the propert market.

In the early 90s the club was essentially (in modern terms) debt free. The growth in revenue over the decade was directly invested back into the club to buy assets. Those assets were subject to price inflation (average player values were rising) meaning the balance sheets always looked healthy. Then we floated on the stock exchange which led to a massive injection of capital, giving us more resources to invest (either directly or indirectly). Finally we, like everyone else in the country borrowed against these historical growth and asset price inflation rates. The credit was super cheap and readily available as cheap credit poured into the Uk from overseas lenders. Now credit is unavailable in all markets considered to have been driven by the credit bubble, which football has been in the last 8 or so years.

Havind said all that I think ashley is trying to recoup some money, lies about finances and is being an idiot as he has nno experience of football. As many have pointed out instead of pissing about with Ryan Taylor, Simpson and Perch, he could have spent all that money on a proper right back. It's false Economy this frugalness and this will be proven at the end of his season if he doesn't invest now.

:thup:

Not very flattering to Ben Arfa that we wont commit to keep him even if we stay up really, isn't it.  Sounds like a pretty reasonable clause to clinch the deal to me.

That's not the point though is it.

They are wanting us (allegedly) to commit to buying him at the end of season if we stay in the Premiership.

So if he has a crap season, or is an arsehole, we would still have to fork out £5m or whatever to buy him if that clause exists. That doesn't sound like good business sense to me.

The clause is no different to buying a Barton or a Nolan to name two, except that we wouldn't pay for him until next year.

Guest neesy111

Ashley has masterfully negotiated a new sponsorship deal at half the previous rate now though hasn't he?

Not really. Liverpool who are doing so well now replaced their old £7.2m a year sponsorship with Carlsberg with a new £20m per year one for the next 4 years. We went from a £5m a year deal negotiated in 2004 to only £2.5m a year for the next 4. We're no Liverpool in terms of desirability for sponsorship, but it's a reflection of the state of the club more than the state of the economy.

top 4 clubs can, we can't as we just been relegated! sunderland's new sponsorship deal is 1/2 of what their old 1 was

top 4 clubs can, we can't as we just been relegated! sunderland's new sponsorship deal is 1/2 of what their old 1 was

Yeah, but we're talking about Europa League hopefuls Liverpool.

If conditions are so poor for sponsorship now, why did we sign a 4 year deal?

Edit: Don't want to derail the thread with another post on this, but for future reference:

Sunderland were the only other premiership team to get a lower new sponsorship deal (and I couldn't find ANY other sources to corroborate their new lower figures):

http://www.nust.org.uk/put-your-shirt-on-it-liverpool-and-manchester-united-surging-ahead-in-sponsor-stakes

http://www.nust.org.uk/images/stories/miscellaneous/PremShirt2010-11.jpg

OM: Hatem Ben Arfa working alone in the Provence!

Since last Thursday and return to selection after the match against Norway, the attacking midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa dry drives his club, Olympique de Marseille to hasten his transfer.

If the Marseille midfielder that gets to do more with his club, he is alone in the south of France to La Provence. The player has even hired a personal trainer to work everyday and getting into shape to Cassis. For now, we do not yet know is the middle Marseille player next season.

http://actu.football.fr/post/2010/08/20/OM-:-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-travaille-seul-en-Provence-!!

http://static.foot01.com/img/images/560x450/art/2010/Aug/20/ben-arfa-travaille-en-solitaire-en-provence_58136_9535.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marseilles: "Newcastle pretend we are idiots'

Negotiations between Olympique Marseille and Newcastle United are running in the most pleasant atmosphere. Both parties can not agree on Hatem Ben Arfa.

Newcastle striker wanted rebel bike, but refused an option to buy into the deal to take informed automatically as is avoiding relegation. "That they refuse. They try to make use of us and we are working not participate. I think they think they have a bunch of idiots to do," says director Jean-Claude Dassier.

The 23-year-old Ben Arfa Marseille must leave now he refuses any longer for the club to come out. The French international would like to leave Newcastle, but his employer will accept them only if there is an option in the lease.

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/site/nieuws/140596/Marseille_Newcastle_doet_alsof_we_idioten_zijn.html

Guest neesy111

Yeah, but we're talking about Europa League hopefuls Liverpool.

If conditions are so poor for sponsorship now, why did we sign a 4 year deal?

cos ashley is a clown

Guest neesy111

I wouldn't want the club to sign a deal that meant we had to buy him anyway, wouldn't be sensible management.

how?

so would you prefer the club to have a team of 11 loan signings then?

I think with all of this talk of the clause they want inserting and us rejecting, it's simply that regardless of how good Ben Arfa is, he wouldn't want to pay £5m (or whatever the amount is) on a player.

I wouldn't want the club to sign a deal that meant we had to buy him anyway, wouldn't be sensible management.

how?

so would you prefer the club to have a team of 11 loan signings then?

Sounds good. We could give them back at the end of the season and start afresh.

seems odd that most people would be delighted if we signed Ben Arfa outright now, but would be against a loa deal which specified we would be obliged to sign him for a pre-agreed fee if we stay up this season

I think most would just be delighted to sign Ben Arfa regardless of contract details.  The details of the contract are only being talked about because they are preventing us from signing him.

Surely a Loan Deal with an Automatic Purchase Clause if we stay up is the best deal We could ask for so IF we were to get relegated he can just go back to Marseille and let all of this happen again next year, OR if WHEN we stay up at least we WILL have the funds available to purchase him properly.

Exactly. The bloke is not feeding all this stuff to the press out of some public-spirited desire to keep us informed. He is trying to manipulate the situation in his own interests.