Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

from La Provence:

Mercato: Ben Arfa on the verge of finding a club

Published Tuesday, August 24, 2010 at 8:17

Adviser to the player, Michel Ouazine said Monday night at La Provence that Ben Arfa was on the verge of signing with a club. "Negotiations are progressing seriously and Hatem has a great chance to play Saturday," assured the representative of the international slammed the door of OM here ten days.

Reportedly, Ben Arfa would hesitate between two clubs. One of them is always Werder Bremen interested in a dry transfer (7 million euros including 2 bonus). The other operates in the Premier League and believe Michel Ouazine, it would not be Newcastle, who was long in the running, but it would be a "big surprise" (Liverpool? Manchester United?). "We are finalizing the contract," he said advisor to the French striker in Norway last August 11.

Liverpool playing Sunday so maybe not them .....

Hatem Ben Arfa's agent promises a 'big surprise' 2mor. What, someone is going to tell the truth for the 1st time in this sorry saga?

Couldn't agree more. Hope it's done and dusted ASAP so we can get someone else in (if we have another target...).

I'd imagine our bid is exactly the same as it always was. Last resort for OM.

If that's the case then the longer this goes on the better for us as that'd mean that their frantic scrabbling around to find someone else would be proving unfruitful. Totally bored of this now, but if we end up getting him in a reasonable deal then it'll have been the right thing to do. I just hope he's not the only one we're looking at.

Over this now, not checking the thread in OCD mode any more and just want it to be put to bed.  Might feel a tinge of disappointment if he goes to another English club and if we don't manage to get someone else.

from La Provence:

Adviser to the player, Michel Ouazine said Monday night at La Provence that Ben Arfa was on the verge of signing with a club. "Negotiations are progressing seriously and Hatem has a great chance to play Saturday," assured the representative of the international slammed the door of OM here ten days.

Reportedly, Ben Arfa would hesitate between two clubs. One of them is always Werder Bremen interested in a dry transfer (7 million euros including 2 bonus). The other operates in the Premier League and believe Michel Ouazine, it would not be Newcastle, who was long in the running, but it would be a "big surprise" (Liverpool? Manchester United?). "We are finalizing the contract," he said advisor to the French striker in Norway last August 11.

Same old 'just about to sign' story.

I'm not sure how 'finalising the contract' ties in with him having a choice of two clubs. That implies that he's settled on one club.

Surprised people are losing interest in this one.

You can pretty much guarantee we won't be signing an alternative that's anywhere near as exciting a talent as this guy, and as great as Sunday's result and performance was we still desperately need someone like this to be brought or it's going to be a very tough season.

Reckon it'll be a deadline day signing if we do get him though, no real reason for Marseille to accept our offer before then.

from La Provence:

Same old 'just about to sign' story.

I'm not sure how 'finalising the contract' ties in with him having a choice of two clubs. That implies that he's settled on one club.

He coulld have agreed a contract with Bremen and is hoping maybe we'll match it at the last minute.

I'd imagine our bid is exactly the same as it always was. Last resort for OM.

If that's the case then the longer this goes on the better for us as that'd mean that their frantic scrabbling around to find someone else would be proving unfruitful. Totally bored of this now, but if we end up getting him in a reasonable deal then it'll have been the right thing to do. I just hope he's not the only one we're looking at.

The problem is that there's pretty much no chance of us doing any better than this guy. So we might be inclined to hang on and hang on for him and subsequently miss out on other potential targets. Or we decide to get someone else in and it turns out we could have got Ben Arfa after all.

We're playing into their hands by doing nothing, because there's no incentive to accept our offer. If we want him (and he still wants to come), then we should just get it done. Neesy's ranting about pulling out start to make sense this close to the end of the window, because there's a risk we'll end up with nothing. :undecided:

Surprised people are losing interest in this one.

You can pretty much guarantee we won't be signing an alternative that's anywhere near as exciting a talent as this guy, and as great as Sunday's result and performance was we still desperately need someone like this to be brought or it's going to be a very tough season.

Reckon it'll be a deadline day signing if we do get him though, no real reason for Marseille to accept our offer before then.

+1. I would rather get him on deadline day than SWP or Santa Cruz tomorrow.

Guest Heneage

Did Ben Arfa's agent speak directly to Douglas or has he just said in general quotes 'to expect a surprise'. If it's the former, the optimist in me says we could be getting him...

EDIT: Ahh just read HT article. I'd say it's Liverpool personally. Hammered by City, lacking a real winger.