Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fussballtransfers.com (a german rumour site) wrote about Liverpool being the surprise:

The truth of the message is a mystery. Ben Arfas Father Michel Ouazine recently discredited as a "guru". In addition, claims the Daily Star ', the Frenchman would be the replacement for Javier Mascherano, it should move to FC Barcelona. The plan could cause problems for those pool 'defense with him, Ben Arfa is still a much more offensive-oriented player than the Argentines.

(Google translation)

A loan deal (with or without an option to buy) could and should have been sewn up weeks ago for the lad. Squabbling over a few hundred grand is going to cost us.

Good players cost good money. :hmm: 

How exactly? Am I wrong in remebering that Marseille pulled out of the agreement?

Depends on who and what you believe. I believe there was a deal to be done weeks ago before it generated into a saga and we fudged it because we were tight c***s. That's my belief and I've got no way of proving or disproving it btw.

Wasn't that deal dependant on us buying him if we stayed up or he played 25 league games. Would you have agreed to that if it was your decision?

Yes - in a heartbeat.

Why? That presents numerous problems, just look at Dindane's loan to Pompey for one example. It's a heck of a gamble.

If it didn't work out we'd still sell him on for a small profit or loss. He's a quality player and clubs are always looking for good players and most are prepared to pay for them. Not exactly rocket science tbh.

That's just risible nonsense, man.

No one wants to fork out anything for him right now, despite his obvious talent and Marseille being desperate to get rid. Yet you'd expect us to make a profit on this obvious loon and trouble-maker after a season that "didn't work out"?

I didn't say I'd expect to make a small profit on him. I suggested we'd roughly get back what we paid for him give or take a million or so either way (similar to Martins). Hence small loss or small profit. Someone's going to get hold of this lad and get the best out of him, I'd like it to be us and I think he's worth the gamble is all I'm saying.

He's quality. He'll always be in demand from clubs who have a manager who can handle his type of character. He'll always have offers.

How many times have you watched him?

How is ths relevant?  ???

Do I have to watch a player a certain number of times before I can say he's a good like?  :lol:

Guest taps01

Didnt Dassier say there was going to be a 'big surprise' today?

Yeah but the guy is full of s**t.  The only surprise would be if he was telling the truth!

Didnt Dassier say there was going to be a 'big surprise' today?

Yeah but the guy is full of s**t.  The only surprise would be if he was telling the truth!

totally agree...I am still waiting for that big surprise! :-)

Don't really see what use Liverpool would have for him after signing Cole, although they will have cash once they inevitably flog Mascherano.

I would have thought they need a replacement for Mascherano.  Surely they're not going to rely on Lucas?

Don't really see what use Liverpool would have for him after signing Cole, although they will have cash once they inevitably flog Mascherano.

I would have thought they need a replacement for Mascherano.  Surely they're not going to rely on Lucas?

Poulsen?

Poulsen?

:doh:

Guest taps01

For the record, it wasn't Dassier who said there would be a big suprise, it was his agent, and he didn't say today, he said in the coming days. Get it right.... jeeez  :lol:

Well his agent is also full of s**t!

Mascherano's a defensive midfielder, HBA's an attacking mid/forward. Not really a replacement.

Mascherano's a defensive midfielder, HBA's an attacking mid/forward. Not really a replacement.

I know I was agreeing with you.  I couldn't understand why they would go for Ben Arfa when they've got Cole and need a replacement for Mascherano - but forgot they signed Poulsen.