Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'll be VERY happy if we complete this deal- A much better summer of business than we all anticipated back in May

Harper

Perch       Williamson     Colo\Sol     Enrique

Tiote

Routledge                                       Jonas

Barton

Arfa

Carroll

I'd be confident of staying up with this team.

It won't happen though, Nolan is captain, I think Barton will be swapped for Nolan.

Arfa can not be a first choice right away him and Tiote needs a month at least to settle down. Beside I would suspect Jonas will be in RW and Arfa to LW. I can not see Chris drop Nolan so when you guys write here don't right what you feel right what the current situation is. 

So...

Harper

Perch   William       colo/campbell  Enrique

Guti       Tiote          Barton         Ben Arfa

Nolan

Carroll

Spot on the only change to that I would make is Williamson/ Sol.... I don't think he can drop Colo.

Well if Perch starts looking out of his depth i'd play Williamson at right back.

No- He's our best CB

Behave, he's good but he's not better than Colo.

Id be afraid to play Ben Arfa off Carroll. It would probably be his best position but it would mean Nolan goes into CM, meaing Tiote or Barton gets dropped. I would drop Jonas for him. I think Routledge is a better finisher and crosser of the ball. I would probably start:

Harper

Perch    Campbell    Colo  Enrique

Routledge  Tiote  Barton  Ben Arfa

Nolan

Carroll

Subs: Krul, R.Taylor, Jonas, Ameobi, Williamson, Smith, Guthrie.

We're starting to look good though.

Ben Arfa can't be being brought in to replace Routledge - he only signed Routledge in January man :lol:

Depth for either wing, Ben Arfa can play all across the park, Jonas too. So we should be relatively covered, not least now we know Danger can play on the right wing! Could play Wayne down the middle too.. or shock horror interchange during the game!

I wonder what would happen if we put Ben Arfa on the wing, and Jonas in the centre?, Jonas just can't cross a ball but he could be very effective in the centre where as far as I've seen Ben Arfa can actually out a decent ball in.

Harper

Tiote

Barton

Arfa

Carroll

It won't happen though, Nolan is captain, I think Barton will be swapped for Nolan.

Nah.. depends on the opposition. Hughton was content to keep club captain Nicky Butt out of the picture. If he is on form Barton will be picked ahead.

I'd expect Nolan to be interchanged with Ben Arfa depending on how physical the game is.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's good we have choice for these areas, so when injuries and suspensions do set in we will have good cover.

Harper

Tiote

Barton

Arfa

Carroll

Shows how times have changed. I think if we had a line-up on par with that in the pre-relegation days, before we were all brought down to Earth with an almighty bang, we'd probably be hoping for a top 8 finish.

Guest geordienorway

There is a long season ahead, and the injuries will come. Nolan, Barton, Ben Arfa, Jonas and Routledge will all play regularly, and it is great to have some depth for once.

Ben Arfa can't be being brought in to replace Routledge - he only signed Routledge in January man :lol:

Depth for either wing, Ben Arfa can play all across the park, Jonas too. So we should be relatively covered, not least now we know Danger can play on the right wing! Could play Wayne down the middle too.. or shock horror interchange during the game!

I wonder what would happen if we put Ben Arfa on the wing, and Jonas in the centre?, Jonas just can't cross a ball but he could be very effective in the centre where as far as I've seen Ben Arfa can actually out a decent ball in.

We tried him there once I think, dont remember him being special or disgracing himself. Like him better on the wing though. No idea why he doesnt seem to have the confidence to shoot when he gets in decent positions.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Can we get him first people.

There is nothing stopping Werder offering him 70k a week tonight as a last gasp attempt. We've been here before with Modric

It's good we have choice for these areas, so when injuries and suspensions do set in we will have good cover.

This. With Tiote and Ben Arfa we have the luxury (when everyone is fit) of having options, which is a massive thing for us. When Gossling gets fit in January, all the better.

If we had another LB and possibly another striker of some quality, I think we'd be sitting quite comfortably in mid table.

If Ben Arfa and Tiote are both announced tomorrow, it'll be like Christmas.

Guest VegasToon

Bit late for the 300 but here's little something something

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5872/barfaaaa.gif

It would be better with OM's president instead of Harry.

Bit late for the 300 but here's little something something

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/5872/barfaaaa.gif

It would be better with OM's president instead of Harry.

Good point. Not the most well known face mind

The team that went down at Villa:

Harper 

Coloccini

Taylor

Edgar

Nolan

Duff

Butt

Guthrie

Viduka

Løvenkrands

Martins

Vs

Harper

Perch

Coloccini

Williamson

Enrique

Jonas

Barton

Tiote

Routledge

Ben Arfa

Carroll

The second one is not only a much better team, it's arguably better man for man aswell.

We tried him there once I think, dont remember him being special or disgracing himself. Like him better on the wing though. No idea why he doesnt seem to have the confidence to shoot when he gets in decent positions.

Against Man Utd and Aston Villa he came inside a lot more, even crossing the pitch at some points and this dragged defenders away from other players and allowed us to play someone in. We ddin't manage to finish the moves in the Man Utd game but against others I can see it working well. For this reason I would go with this:

Harper

Perch                Williamson              Colo          Jose

Routledge          Tiote/Barton    Nolan/Guthrie    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carrol