Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not too sure if I should get Ben Arfa 37 or Carrol 9 if/when I get the home shirt.

I really don't want to pay for 2 shirts so getting an away one aswell isn't an option, infact I'm going to see if I can add it to my xmas list.

Should be introduced from the bench against Blackpool, just so he gets an ovation when he runs on!

Or sub him off in the 88th minute after scoring a hattrick, so then he gets an even BIGGER ovation ;)

I must admit i think we've missed a trick signing him permanently here like, if he has a good season I cant see him coming back next year..

That's not the way I see the deal.

If we play him just 24 games we can send him packing, if we want, or play him the full 25+ and he's ours automatically...with a fee of course.

As this seems officially the deal then I'd presume the contract with the player would take this into account?

I may be wrong but is seem like an excellent piece of business on our behalf.

:facepalm:

Guest koenji

Ben Arfa technically is one of the best in the world. He can beat any defender one on one with speed, tricks, he just such a lovely player to watch when in full flow. Problem is that he isn't in full flow a lot. Of the games he will play this season, 40% he will be invisible, 20% he will be average and 40% he will be unplayable.

That doesn't sound too bad but couple that with the fact, that he refuses to defend and when not in good form (hope our fans don`t jump on his back  too much a la L.Robert / Ginola  ....we dont want 11 battlers :rolleyes: ) , dribbles mindlessly into alleyways, and you can see why managers get fed up with him.

Should be fun to watch almost half the time :D

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Ben Arfa technically is one of the best in the world. He can beat any defender one on one with speed, tricks, he just such a lovely player to watch when in full flow. Problem is that he isn't in full flow a lot. Of the games he will play this season, 40% he will be invisible, 20% he will be average and 40% he will be unplayable.

That doesn't sound too bad but couple that with the fact, that he refuses to defend and when not in good form (hope our fans don`t jump on his back  too much a la L.Robert / Ginola  ....we dont want 11 battlers :rolleyes: ) , dribbles mindlessly into alleyways, and you can see why managers get fed up with him.

Already twice as a good as Jonas, and four times as good as Nolan then.

Disclaimer: Random numbers to make post look cool.

I think people need to not judge him from youtube vids. Anyone remember Albert Luque's youtube highlights?

The big difference is Luque didn't really want to be here, Ben Arfa definitely does want to be here.

Guest firetotheworks

I remember Luque bumming Ferdinand in his first game, and then getting injured. After that his return from injury was seen as lack of effort/talent. I'll be honest, that might just be rose tinted glasses, but I certainly remember him coming in and looking very handy at first.

Dont piss on our camp fire man

I remember Luque bumming Ferdinand in his first game, and then getting injured. After that his return from injury was seen as lack of effort/talent. I'll be honest, that might just be rose tinted glasses, but I certainly remember him coming in and looking very handy at first.

Luque was getting stick from the Milburn the day he was injured.

Nolan looked his usual woeful self yesterday. Ben Arfa will obviously go behind Carroll, can only hope he doesn't force Barton out of the team.

No reason he should force Barton out tbh, Ben Arfa's more the type of player that Nolan is pretending to be

Guest localhero87

I think people need to not judge him from youtube vids. Anyone remember Albert Luque's youtube highlights?

The big difference is Luque didn't really want to be here, Ben Arfa definitely does want to be here.

Does he? Or does he just NOT want to be in Marseille and we happened to be the main club interested?

I'm surprised about the amount of stick Nolan gets tbh.

I'm surprised you're surprised tbh. He's awful in that role, just has a habit of being in the 'right place' at, yes, the right time. He contributes so little to the play that it kills some of my brain cells.