Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I reckon he could be as good as . . . . . . Santiago Muñez

Don't bring that turncoat c*** into this.

lol

Still can't believe we gave up him and cash for fucking Michael Owen

I know, thinking about it still boils my piss. :angry:

He can keep the frigging ball for 90 minutes if it means that Smith and Jonas don't get it.

???

He's upset that a lot of people on here would prefer to see Routledge, and not Jonas, replaced with Ben Arfa - if HBA was going to play on the wing.

Thus his agenda.

He can keep the frigging ball for 90 minutes if it means that Smith and Jonas don't get it.

???

He's upset that a lot of people on here would prefer to see Routledge, and not Jonas, replaced with Ben Arfa - if HBA was going to play on the wing.

Thus his agenda.

He'd be right.

???

Thus his agenda.

And? Based on the first few games he'd be right. Dropping Routledge and keeping Jonas would be insane.

???

Thus his agenda.

And? Based on the first few games he'd be right. Dropping Routledge and keeping Jonas would be insane.

Exactly. Routledge can actually pass the ball

???

Thus his agenda.

Exactly. Routledge can actually pass the ball

That's a tad unfair. Jonas can pass the ball too, he just actually never lets go of it ;)

Guest dazzanufc1892

if u remove jonas, u take away his partnership with enrique, which has undoubtedly lead to enriques dramatic improvement over the last year.

Where as, well, routledge perch doesnt wet the pallet really.

if u remove jonas, u take away his partnership with enrique, which has undoubtedly lead to enriques dramatic improvement over the last year.

Where as, well, routledge perch doesnt wet the pallet really.

But Routledge has been the more effective player, so getting rid of him to suit a partnership of which one half isn't up to scratch would be stupid surely?

I don't know why I'm even arguing this, I wouldn't drop either of the wingers :lol:

If push came to shove I'd probably drop Jonas, but it's hardly ridiculous to suggest otherwise like Ronaldo says. They both have their merits and Jonas' ability to get the best out of Enrique should not be undermined. For example take away Jonas and you don't get that 2nd goal against Villa.

Like JH says though, it should really be a moot point. HBA should be through the middle and both wingers should remain.

Ben Arfa has to play through the middle in the majority of games, Jonas and Enrique should not be disrupted and Routledge has been one of our better players.

I'm sure the Hughtster will realise this... the only possible snag is the willingness to drop Nolan.

Ben Arfa has to play through the middle in the majority of games, Jonas and Enrique should not be disrupted and Routledge has been one of our better players.

I'm sure the Hughtster will realise this... the only possible snag is the willingness to drop Nolan.

:thup:

I think most of us on here would be in agreement with that. Hope Hughton sees it.

Guest firetotheworks

That's the long and short of it.

That's the long and short of it.

nice problem to have. i would hate to see Jonas or routledge dropped. Nolan really is the only option in my eyes. not sure how CH see's it though.

The Nolan problem isn't so bad in reality I suppose.

Hughton has dropped name players before, and we will start to see a need to utilise the whole squad as the season progresses. There will be times when Jonas and Routledge are unavailable etc.

Actually, the biggest worry is if he drops one of Barton or Smith and tried to play Nolan as a proper CM. Hopefully that won't happen.

I genuinely believe it'll be:

Rout  Tiote/Bart  Nolan  Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

which isn't our best, but it's better than what we currently do.