Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just to back my point further, go here > http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?board=3.0 and check out the Hatem Ben Arfa Informations thread. There are 5/6 videos posted by a French fan, i've only watched one video so far in a game against Stuttgart in the CL but his vision, creativity and great passing range are there for all to see as much as his famed dribbling ability, this guy will unlock defences.

Just watched all of them. Can see shades of three previous Newcastle players all wrapped up in one guy. Robert, Dyer and Beardsley.

Fucking hell, should never have watched those videos. Just got excited a la Luque x 100

Just to back my point further, go here > http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?board=3.0 and check out the Hatem Ben Arfa Informations thread. There are 5/6 videos posted by a French fan, i've only watched one video so far in a game against Stuttgart in the CL but his vision, creativity and great passing range are there for all to see as much as his famed dribbling ability, this guy will unlock defences.

Just watched all of them. Can see shades of three previous Newcastle players all wrapped up in one guy. Robert, Dyer and Beardsley.

f***ing hell, should never have watched those videos. Just got excited a la Luque x 100

My concern is that we are building him up so much that when he inevitably does not live up to our super high expectations, people will start getting on his back. Even with his ability he will need 5-10 games to get use to new team mates, new country, new tactics...etc.

f***ing hell, should never have watched those videos. Just got excited a la Luque x 100

My concern is that we are building him up so much that when he inevitably does not live up to our super high expectations, people will start getting on his back. Even with his ability he will need 5-10 games to get use to new team mates, new country, new tactics...etc.

That's it? 

That's it? 

minimum

After watching the vodeos I do really have one concern, and that is that it seems like he has exceptional vision but if we do not have people making little runs forward to receive the through ball it is going to be a bit of a waste. Arguably, one player who does tend to make runs like that is Nolan IMO

None of our players have the ability to consistently make those through passes so that's probably why none of our players makes those runs.

When Ben arfa's in the middle of the pitch and is able to hold on to possession, our players will make runs naturally. We have no one who cam actually hold onto the ball and make those passes in the opposition's half.

Guest Stephen927

Blackpool at home is ready made for him. Throw him straight in then depending how he does review the situation before the game at Goodison. Strikes me as the kind of player thats better at home than away.

Blackpool at home is ready made for him. Throw him straight in then depending how he does review the situation before the game at Goodison. Strikes me as the kind of player thats better at home than away.

Yup, throw him in then, if were 2 goals down, sub him at half time for someone up to speed. O0

Look we have no idea what he's like, where he would fit in, or whether he is even fit. I hope he gets a part to play, but lets let Hughton get on with it and try not to get too spackery if he doesn't even see fit to give the lad a run out at all at the weekend.

Wasn't overly impressed with the videos, all skill and running very little end product. *shrug*

Well these videos seem very focused on showing bits of skill, so they aren't going to show you much else.  His goal record isn't great but its decent for a midfielder/winger and he's still young.

After watching the vodeos I do really have one concern, and that is that it seems like he has exceptional vision but if we do not have people making little runs forward to receive the through ball it is going to be a bit of a waste. Arguably, one player who does tend to make runs like that is Nolan IMO

I think Jonas and Routledge would benefit from Ben Arfa's vision and passing. They both have the pace to get in behind and also make really good runs also. It's why I think it is important we have both in the team along with Ben Arfa.

Guest Stephen927

Yup, throw him in then, if were 2 goals down, sub him at half time for someone up to speed. O0

Look we have no idea what he's like, where he would fit in, or whether he is even fit. I hope he gets a part to play, but lets let Hughton get on with it and try not to get too spackery if he doesn't even see fit to give the lad a run out at all at the weekend.

He's played in 3 games this season for club and country, the French league has a similar tempo as someone else has said. He will be playing a position that is unlikely to effect the defensive side of the team, it's as low risk as you can get.

There will be no dropping Nolan problem. We've signed him to play left wing, allowing Jonas to slot in at the problematic right back slot after his sucessful spell there over the summer.

There will be no dropping Nolan problem. We've signed him to play left wing, allowing Jonas to slot in at the problematic right back slot after his sucessful spell there over the summer.

You think Jonas would play RB?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

thats the least likely thing to happen out of everything i've seen suggested so far.

:facepalm:

Oh dear

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

hello friend newcastle

you have news or photos of the training HBA

thank you

Remember this post is the year of Newcastle United