Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

With the amount of foreign players in the league increasing all the time, the Legends is becoming more obsolete every week. I mean, what the f*** does Micky Horswill know about the French league?

Sorry but is this not most English pundits?

The Premier League show called Thomas Vermaelen Dutch the other night. Then you have Merson, Le Tissier, Thompson and Charlie Nicholas on Gillette.

Paul Merson's only point of reference for Gyan was the World Cup, I find that embarrassing for a pundit, someone who's supposed to provide insight. At least in the rest of Europe former players do research, they look into players and don't just use the fact they played professionally.

The frustrating thing is, you have people like Gabriel Marcotti, who seriously knows his shit, but because he's just a journalist he will be passed over for comedians like 'Mers' and 'Le Tiss'. It's cringe.

Marcotti is a jumped up twat though. Thinks he is the be all and end all.

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

luck is in bold

HBA is bold and

hatem is going  O0

sorry for my English

;D

Translation f--k :blush: ;D ;D

la chance sourit aux audacieux

HBA est audacieux

représente "in French"

luck is in bold

HBA is bold and

hatem is going  O0

sorry for my English

;D

Translation f--k :blush: ;D ;D

la chance sourit aux audacieux

HBA est audacieux

représente "in French"

Hehe, no problemo mate;)

More like.

chances favors the brave

HBA is brave

represents "in French"

Sound better in french i guess  :lol:

Guest frere007

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-new-boy-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-I-am-a-rebel-but-only-because-I-believe-in-honour-and-principles-article576367.html

Ben Arfa: I am a rebel - but only because I believe in honour and principles

Published 23:00 10/09/10 By Simon Bird

(1) Recommend

Hatem Ben Arfa yesterday gave an explanation for his reputation as the temperamental, but hugely talented, bad-boy of French football.

"I have a real problem with injustice. For me honour and principle are the most important things in life," he said through an interpreter, before joking: "Perhaps I am in the wrong business!"

The French international admits to being a "bit of a rebel" and his "principles" caused him to go on strike at Marseille to force his loan move to Newcastle last month. He's also consistently fallen out with players and managers.

Perfect character to throw into the mix along with Joey Barton and Andy Carroll at Newcastle then?

Ben Arfa says he wants his "real" character to shine through at St James's Park, after the club and boss Chris Hughton was highly recommended to him by countrymen including Charles N'Zogbia, Pascal Chimbonda and Habib Beye.

What can the Newcastle fan expect? "I would like to think I am a person who is generous, who likes a laugh, and who likes to get on with people.

"It is true that I have a certain image in France. People have written things about me with out knowing the real me. I am sure that some of the things I have done have not helped my image when I was in France. But I see coming to Newcastle as a chance to see the real Hatem. The great thing is I start here with a clean slate. I hope people will see the real Haten Ben Arfa."

The play-maker wants to take a central attacking role behind Carroll at his new club, but admits he can play on either wing. He is likely to get his debut against Blackpool today, probably off the bench as Hughton remains loyal to a squad that have given him a good start to the season.

Perhaps he will heed his own belief that he will have to keep his "mouth shut" a bit more to fit into the team spirit of Hughton's men, and emulate the exploits of French favourite David Ginola who is still remembered fondly on Tyneside.

He added: "I certainly hope I can do as well as David Ginola did at Newcastle. But we will see. Ginola was a great player here but for me as a young player growing up I always associated Newcastle with Alan Shearer and the adulation he had at the club. He was part of the history and I have always been impressed with Shearer as a player and Newcastle as a club.

"The French people are still very aware that St James's Park has a big history and their supporters are particularly appreciated in France because most other clubs are jealous of them. The reputation of their fans goes before them. That in the past has attracted some of the better French players to come here. The club still has a big reputation in France."

Ben Arfa was handed a fresh wad of fan-mail at Newcastle's training ground yesterday, having already captured the imagination of the Geordies who love a rebel to worship.

He joked: "I am already getting some fan mail but unfortunately I do not understand it. My translator will read it to me. It has put a smile on my face getting these messages and I am very grateful for it. It makes me feel as though I am special to these to these supporters and makes me even more determined to do well in front of them.

"I have not had a chance to play in the stadium yet, but from what I have seen of the town it looks like a fantastic city. I don't think I will be getting bored, because it looks like a lively place!

"I want to achieve my ambitions and the door is open for that now. To come and play in a foreign country in a league as strong and tough as this one is a progression for me."

Boss Chris Hughton was not put off by Ben Arfa's conflicts. He said: "He had a great desire to come here. Irrespective of what might have been said about him, this is a player who has played a lot of games. Only a month ago played for France and scored a goal. There is no doubting his ability. What he is doing is coming into a healthy squad here, one which has very, very good spirit.

"So it did not really concern me. Obviously, you do your checks on players. Your biggest interest is their ability, but it is normal to find out about their background and their personalities. I spoke to enough good people who said enough good things that made it for me, a good signing."

Predict the football scores this

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-new-boy-Hatem-Ben-Arfa-I-am-a-rebel-but-only-because-I-believe-in-honour-and-principles-article576367.html#ixzz0zECmz26p

Guest frere007

"The French people are still very aware that St James's Park has a big history and their supporters are particularly appreciated in France because most other clubs are jealous of them.

Ben Arfa was handed a fresh wad of fan-mail at Newcastle's training ground yesterday, having already captured the imagination of the Geordies who love a rebel to worship.

He joked: "I am already getting some fan mail but unfortunately I do not understand it. My translator will read it to me. It has put a smile on my face getting these messages and I am very grateful for it. It makes me feel as though I am special to these to these supporters and makes me even more determined to do well in front of them.

Cant be giving him 15 mins. Hughtons sub timing is his one huge flaw. Ben Arfas introduction wouldve lifted all the crowd & players. Sounds like we battered them while he was on & came much closer to scoring several times.