Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Knew it was a bad one. No need at all for de Jong to go in the way he did. Feel for the lad!

no problem with going in harder than you need to, it's the way it's done though, that was meant to cause injury.

I suppose this means we can't sign him now. He's not going to manage all the games now :(

Doesn't mean we can't. Just means we don't have to.

We'll be able to monitor his fitness, send a cheap bid to Marseille, and watch how no-one else is interested because of fitness question marks.

I suppose this means we can't sign him now. He's not going to manage all the games now :(

Doesn't mean we can't. Just means we don't have to.

We'll be able to monitor his fitness, send a cheap bid to Marseille, and watch how no-one else is interested because of fitness question marks.

Assuming we stay up, of course.

Whatever you feel about De Jong and the tackle it was just an example of a wider problem in the Premier League - holding midfielders that can't tackle. Ever since that particular position became essential for every top flight team we've had an influx of players who think sliding in on your arse and getting a toe on the ball is fine, regardless of what you do to the man. Just look at Henry, Cattermole, Smith etc. There's very little skill involved in being a good tackler nowadays.

It's sad to see any player get such a serious injury but obviously it really sticks in your throat when it's one of your own. One of your best. I just hope we stick by him while he recovers because at best he'll be back before the end of the season and help us in the last four or five games, at worst he'll feel wanted and we can push through a deal in the summer. The break looked bad but his leg wasn't flopping around, the bones seemed to line back up which should help along any recovery.

Whatever you feel about De Jong and the tackle it was just an example of a wider problem in the Premier League - holding midfielders that can't tackle. Ever since that particular position became essential for every top flight team we've had an influx of players who think sliding in on your arse and getting a toe on the ball is fine, regardless of what you do to the man. Just look at Henry, Cattermole, Smith etc. There's very little skill involved in being a good tackler nowadays.

It's sad to see any player get such a serious injury but obviously it really sticks in your throat when it's one of your own. One of your best. I just hope we stick by him while he recovers because at best he'll be back before the end of the season and help us in the last four or five games, at worst he'll feel wanted and we can push through a deal in the summer. The break looked bad but his leg wasn't flopping around, the bones seemed to line back up which should help along any recovery.

massivly wrong, the thing being de jong isn't a good tackler.

Just a horrible horrible day of football for us, I feel demoralised so I shudder to think how the players and chris is feeling. We could have scored 10 goals today and they would have got 11 penalties. I also think colo was going to go on to have an amazing game but heaven forbid that happening :(

Thanks for your relatively small input this season barfa! What a cunt of a day! :(

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Just a horrible horrible day of football for us, I feel demoralised so I shudder to think how the players and chris is feeling. We could have scored 10 goals today and they would have got 11 penalties. I also think colo was going to go on to have an amazing game but heaven forbid that happening :(

Thanks for your relatively small input this season barfa! What a c*** of a day! :(

Aye, worst day for a long time-

Played very well against Man City, only to suffer a serious injury to one of our brightest players, see them get a penalty for a non existant foul, and us not get a penalty for a blatent foul.

Guest Stephen927

This was his chance to get his career going again and it was our chance to get the club on the right tracks once again. Now there's a doubt over his future here and our future in this league, hopefully he'll be back this season for us but I can definitely see us sending him back if it's more than 3 months out, which is likely.

Shite afternoon but I'm proud in the way the players made a game of it despite the referees bias and the shocking incident right at the start.

Guest Stephen927

No doubt we have paid a loan fee, we can send him back at any time during the loan whether he's injured or not. There's no obligation to us to keep him for the duration of the loan.

How are we going to send him back?  Marseille wouldn't take him back while he's injured.

He's their asset. They might recall him so they can, in their opinion, give him the best care and rehab.

How are we going to send him back?  Marseille wouldn't take him back while he's injured.

He's their asset. They might recall him so they can, in their opinion, give him the best care and rehab.

I think that because we paid for the loan we have rights on this one.

Guest Stephen927

Because of the loan fee though, we can hang onto him, it isn't upto them to terminate the loan.

See what happens in the next few days, would be gutted if that was all we'll see of the lad.

Considering there's a fee involved he'll be contracted to us for the duration of the loan, we'd be incredibly stupid to pay a loan fee for a player who can be recalled at any time.  Also even if we wanted to let him go back I doubt Marseille would want to pay his wages for the next however long it takes to get him fit also knowing he never wants to play for them again.

Isn't it up to us ?

I don't know, but I'd have thought that most clubs would protect themselves against this kind of thing.  Probably why we never sent Gonzales back.