Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

How are we going to send him back?  Marseille wouldn't take him back while he's injured.

He's their asset. They might recall him so they can, in their opinion, give him the best care and rehab.

Only if we tell them we're sending him to Mistake Lane.

fyp

How are we going to send him back?  Marseille wouldn't take him back while he's injured.

He's their asset. They might recall him so they can, in their opinion, give him the best care and rehab.

fyp

I was just about to send you a link to that post. :lol:

Guest Stephen927

We didn't send Gonzales back because he was here as a favour from Dennis Wise to some agent.

Marseille will no doubt be pissed if we sent him back, but that is why we paid a fee because obviously there is some risk to sending a player out on loan. If we still have an interest in him after his injury it'll be better for us to keep Marseille as sweet as possible.

Guest thefishman

feels like a death in the family! Just hope we sign him up and make him feel loved when hes recovering, would insurance not cover his wages regardless?

fyp

I was just about to send you a link to that post. :lol:

shouldnt really- the physios have been canny with me.

I am very sad about this get well soon Ben Arfa our season would have been a lot better if it was on nolan instead... I hope Ben will be the same player when he recovers...

Idiot think before you type ffs losing any player of ours to a injury of this type is tragic nevermind your feelings on Nolan,as for the challenge imho it was unwarrented and stank of "lets get him early"and on top of that did anyone notice the high fives with Lescott and Milner as Ben Arfa was waiting to get stretchered off ,   de jong major contribution to the world cup was hatchet man and has continued here robbing us of a brilliant talent who imho would have set our hearts alight hoping for a trouble free and speedy recovery.

It looked a nasty tackle at the time an I thought it was ott. He went in two footed and smashed into Ben Arfa's leg so hard it fucking snapped. Don't think he meant to break it but I thought it was a red card.

These things happen though unfortunately and as bitter pill as it is to swallow we've just got to move on and get on with it. He's out and someone has to come in and fill his boots.

It looked a nasty tackle at the time an I thought it was ott. He went in two footed and smashed into Ben Arfa's leg so hard it f***ing snapped. Don't think he meant to break it but I thought it was a red card.

These things happen though unfortunately and as bitter pill as it is to swallow we've just got to move on and get on with it. He's out and someone has to come in and fill his boots.

That's the thing that gets me. He was singled out as the guy who could hurt them and de jong wanted to hit him hard. In any other walk of life de jong would be up in court over it.

I just hope we take care of the kid, stay up, and start over next year. I'm genuinely gutted for him. :(

He's going to end up going home to be assessed and probably stay there until he's able to starting light training again, while we pay his wages from now and till the end of the season. Just like Gonzalez, that's the deal with season long loans.

In a strange way, this might increase our chances of signing him on a permanent basis now that hes out of the spotlight and I cant see many if any clubs wanting to pay big bucks for a player coming back off a broken leg.

Guest BooBoo

A lass called Offside Sarah on Twitter who is clued up on French Fooball ( and kept updates coming regarding the transfer saga) matters reckons HBA has a double fracture, will have an operation in Manchester tonight and then return to France to recuperate. Reckons at this early stage he won't be back in Newcastle until February.

Ben Arfa is contracted to us until the end of the season, we can't send him back and they can't re-call him.  We probably will let him go home for a while but he'll be back if the injury allows him to play a part for us.

A lass called Offside Sarah on Twitter who is clued up on French Fooball ( and kept updates coming regarding the transfer saga) matters reckons HBA has a double fracture, will have an operation in Manchester tonight and then return to France to recuperate. Reckons at this early stage he won't be back in Newcastle until February.

She also linked to this http://www.rmc.fr/editorial/129031/double-fracture-pour-ben-arfa-retour-espere-en-fevrier-2011/

Double fracture for Ben Arfa, expected return in February 2011

The injury of Hatem Ben Arfa

ontacted by RMC Sports Ouazine Michel, Councilor Hatem Ben Arfa, confirmed that the Newcastle United manager was afraid at the end of the match against Manchester City (2-1): a double fracture tibia-fibula not open the left leg. Victim of a very violent tackle from the Dutch midfielder Nigel De Jong from the 3th minute of the match, the French international was taken to a hospital in Manchester to undergo an operation. Originally planned in France, it must be done on site because of the risk of venous thrombosis related to travel. Ben Arfa should return to France in the coming days to undergo post-operative care. These will be led by Professor Saillant. On loan this season at Newcastle, the former mid-OM hopes to make his return to action in February 2011, according to Michel Ouazine.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If that Offside Sarah thing is true, best hope is for him to play a game or two before the end of the season, May time?

Edit-

Didn't read that- Return to Newcastle in February, or return in a state to play football in Feb?

I don't think she knows much to be fair. She's a blogger from America and was a right bitter bitch when we were trying to sign him.

It's too early to talk about return dates, it didn't look like a compound fracture though so fingers crossed.

EDIT: Ah, it was from RMC. Feburary 2011 is earlier than I expected.