Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest BEN BEN BEN ARFA

He's still an unknown quantity regardless. Unless it's for peanuts, it'd be pretty naive.

I disagree btw.

He isn't an unknown quantity :lol:

With this injury he is. It would be a ludicrous risk to sign him right now, as Yorkie said.

Agree - this kind of injury affects players differently. Much of the subsequent problem can be in their head.

Some get over it but look at Shearer ; mentally very strong and played for a futher 9 years but was never as dangerous as before because he lost some speed. With Shearer we knew what we had whereas with HBA we really don't ; is it the player who scored a cracking goal at Everton or is it the one who was ineffective against Stoke ? Then there are the off-field issues he had with previous clubs.....

NUFC hasn't the money to risk so unless the trial can be extended, I wouldn't take the risk.

Ineffective against Stoke? care to elaborate?

Would you care to outline any incidents in which he created problems for them..??

What's the point you're even making?  Yes it was the same player who scored against Everton.  No matter how good a player you are you won't play well every game.

It was his second start in English football for god's sake.  If we do buy him he will have more good games than bad.

Every player is a risk to an extent.  If you can find a player for less than £6m who is guaranteed to be good for us on a consistent basis then give Chris a call.

You have no proof that he would be as good as you say - you are basing your evidence on a good goal at Everton ' if ypu look at my post I clearly say that we don't know if we are getting a player who represents the goal at Everton or the nondescript performance v Stoke...in other words, we have no proof if he is worth a large fee ; 2 previous managers of major French clubs clearly didn't believe he was necessary to their sides.

You state he  will have more good games than bad yet you haven't an OUNCE of evidence to back up that statement.

Every player is NOT as big a risk as one we know little about and has a somewhat chequered history with his previous clubs - we need the trial extending because as you may remember, NUFC has wasted millions on players who turned out to be less than great...Martins and Luque for 2, only we were lucky enough to get most of the money back from Martins...look where HE is now....

If you can't see the point I am making you are deliberately avoiding it.

Look at match Marseille to see if we miss not

We have a small donkey has the place(square) which carries(wears) sound n°10 Which(Who) we couter 16 millions euros

I am sick there  :facepalm:

He's still an unknown quantity regardless. Unless it's for peanuts, it'd be pretty naive.

I disagree btw.

With this injury he is. It would be a ludicrous risk to sign him right now, as Yorkie said.

Agree - this kind of injury affects players differently. Much of the subsequent problem can be in their head.

Some get over it but look at Shearer ; mentally very strong and played for a futher 9 years but was never as dangerous as before because he lost some speed. With Shearer we knew what we had whereas with HBA we really don't ; is it the player who scored a cracking goal at Everton or is it the one who was ineffective against Stoke ? Then there are the off-field issues he had with previous clubs.....

NUFC hasn't the money to risk so unless the trial can be extended, I wouldn't take the risk.

Would you care to outline any incidents in which he created problems for them..??

If you didn't see them then what's the point? He was our best player in the first half, his dribbling alone opened up plenty of space, but then you need movement from other players to benefit from it. Tbh even if he had a s*** game it's beside the point. If you can't see a good player there then you aren't much different to the West Ham fans who whinged about Mascherano and Tevez.

He didn't score a super goal like he did against Everton so he must have had a quiet game!

What's the point in mentioning his consistency? He's never been given a full season to perform tbh.

If you mean Ben Arfa, he's played in more than 30 games in the league last two seasons for Marseille and saw a lot of time for Lyon the year before. Definitely enough to analyse him.

He's not been a solid starter though, given a run of 20 plus consecutive starts. How can he get into a proper rhythm?

What's the point in mentioning his consistency? He's never been given a full season to perform tbh.

If you mean Ben Arfa, he's played in more than 30 games in the league last two seasons for Marseille and saw a lot of time for Lyon the year before. Definitely enough to analyse him.

He's not been a solid starter though, given a run of 20 plus consecutive starts. How can he get into a proper rhythm?

No, I really don't agree with this at all. It really is incredibly rare for any player to accumulate 20 consecutive starts. You have to realise that this is quite a lot. Over the last three years he's essentially been the twelfth name on the teamsheet. He's had many runs in the first team. He has started a lot of matches, and has been given 20-40 minutes off of the bench in the vast majority of games where he has been fit and not selected to start. It's not as though he has been sitting around and lacking match fitness.

I disagree btw.

What's the point you're even making?  Yes it was the same player who scored against Everton.  No matter how good a player you are you won't play well every game.

It was his second start in English football for god's sake.  If we do buy him he will have more good games than bad.

Every player is a risk to an extent.  If you can find a player for less than £6m who is guaranteed to be good for us on a consistent basis then give Chris a call.

You have no proof that he would be as good as you say - you are basing your evidence on a good goal at Everton ' if ypu look at my post I clearly say that we don't know if we are getting a player who represents the goal at Everton or the nondescript performance v Stoke...in other words, we have no proof if he is worth a large fee ; 2 previous managers of major French clubs clearly didn't believe he was necessary to their sides.

You state he  will have more good games than bad yet you haven't an OUNCE of evidence to back up that statement.

Every player is NOT as big a risk as one we know little about and has a somewhat chequered history with his previous clubs - we need the trial extending because as you may remember, NUFC has wasted millions on players who turned out to be less than great...Martins and Luque for 2, only we were lucky enough to get most of the money back from Martins...look where HE is now....

Name me a player who would cost under £6m who wouldn't be a risk.

And once you've named him (which you won't be able to do because as I say, no player is risk-free) I'll say this:

"You have no proof that he would be as good as you say"

I can't guarantee Ben Arfa will have more good games than bad but I do have evidence...title wins in France, caps for national team,  highly rated by Wenger and other players and managers.

You're just being negative for the sake of it, I wonder why.

I disagree btw.

If you didn't see them then what's the point? He was our best player in the first half, his dribbling alone opened up plenty of space, but then you need movement from other players to benefit from it. Tbh even if he had a s*** game it's beside the point. If you can't see a good player there then you aren't much different to the West Ham fans who whinged about Mascherano and Tevez.

That's YOUR interpretation of it - mine is that they quickly sussed him and because the other players are not good enough individually to cause teams problems, Stoke were able to put more players on him and snuff him out..just as Wigan did with Jonas and Enrique.

What gives YOU the God-given right to decide whether I am like 'those West Ham fans(were you there by the way ?)etc etc.' You might think you know everything about the game but I do not share your opinion - or, incidentally, put much store by it. have you answered my point about his previous managers in France not wishing to keep him ? I wasn't aware that the French League is running over with top class players either... we do not need ANY player who is going to be temperamental and that is obviously the stance they took. There is more to a footballer than being able to do a few pretty dribbles or look good for the odd game...but then, as a NUFC fan for some years, you should be used to that by now !

I disagree btw.

And once you've named him (which you won't be able to do because as I say, no player is risk-free) I'll say this:

I can't guarantee Ben Arfa will have more good games than bad but I do have evidence...title wins in France, caps for national team,  highly rated by Wenger and other players and managers.

'Highly rated by Wenger'..... yes, so highly rated that he didn't even bother to try to get the guy on the same sort of try before you buy agreement that NUFC did...don't you think you've shot yourself well and truly in the foot there ? Wenger is no fool - if he rated HBA as  much as you say, NUFC would have had NO chance of getting the player. And as for your claim about 6m players, if HBA is a s good as you say, there is no way he would have been sold by OM for less than 10m. And as for the International claim you made, he was never even selected in the French WC side...and anyone knows that they were a disaster..!

There will be LOTS of players under 6m who are not a risk...Tiote cost 3.5 and so far, he has been a real asset in his DM position..I am not paid to be the club's scout but if I were I WOULD take up your challenge.

You must be able to spend a great deal of time watching potential signings if you feel confident enough to make those sorts of claims...in fact, judging by NUFC's past record in wasting money, there may even be a vacancy for you !

I disagree btw.

'Highly rated by Wenger'..... yes, so highly rated that he didn't even bother to try to get the guy on the same sort of try before you buy agreement that NUFC did...don't you think you've shot yourself well and truly in the foot there ? Wenger is no fool - if he rated HBA as  much as you say, NUFC would have had NO chance of getting the player. And as for your claim about 6m players, if HBA is a s good as you say, there is no way he would have been sold by OM for less than 10m. And as for the International claim you made, he was never even selected in the French WC side...and anyone knows that they were a disaster..!

There will be LOTS of players under 6m who are not a risk...Tiote cost 3.5 and so far, he has been a real asset in his DM position..I am not paid to be the club's scout but if I were I WOULD take up your challenge.

You must be able to spend a great deal of time watching potential signings if you feel confident enough to make those sorts of claims...in fact, judging by NUFC's past record in wasting money, there may even be a vacancy for you !

Are you on a wind up?...the way you derive your conclusions are laughable, I don't know where to start

I'd say Ben Arfa is a skilful Dyer. Now that is a complement from me as I was a big fan of Dyer at NUFC. However Dyer was much more effective surrounded by Shearer, Robert, young Solano, Bellamy, Speed, than he was surrounded by Ameobi, Martins, Sibierski, old Solano, Butt, and I fear it was a similar story for Ben Arfa vs Stoke.

I disagree btw.

I said Wenger rated him, not that he wanted to buy him.  It's no shame not being good enough for Arsenal.

If HBA is as good as I say?  How good am I saying he is?  All I said was that he would have more good games than bad (like Jose, Colo for example i.e. one of our better player).  Then you say:

'if HBA is a s good as you say, there is no way he would have been sold by OM for less than 10m.'

Yeah, because you can't find a player for under £10m who would have more good games than bad...

I know he wasn't picked for France at the WC, you know who their manager was?  The same one who wouldn't pick Pires, he's an idiot.  Blanc picked HBA in his first squad and only dropped him because he effectively didn't have a club.  There are plenty examples of players who didn't make world cup squads but are quality players: Cassano, Cambiasso, Benzema, Pato.

Lots of players under £6m who woudn't be a risk?  Like I said - name a couple.  Tiote? Not example the best example to support your point is it?  Before he played a game for us who would've said he'd be a success?  It's only hindsight that allows us to say the £3.5m wasn't a risk.

I'd say Ben Arfa is a skilful Dyer. Now that is a complement from me as I was a big fan of Dyer at NUFC. However Dyer was much more effective surrounded by Shearer, Robert, young Solano, Bellamy, Speed, than he was surrounded by Ameobi, Martins, Sibierski, old Solano, Butt, and I fear it was a similar story for Ben Arfa vs Stoke.

From what I remember, Dyer's scoring record wasn't particularly bad in his last couple of years here compared to under Robson. May be wrong though but just seem to remember more goals from him later on.

Just checked -

04-05 = 6 goals in 34 games

05-06 = 0 goals in 11 games

06-07 = 7 goals in 30 games

From what I remember, Dyer's scoring record wasn't particularly bad in his last couple of years here compared to under Robson. May be wrong though but just seem to remember more goals from him later on.

Just checked -

04-05 = 6 goals in 34 games

05-06 = 0 goals in 11 games

06-07 = 7 goals in 30 games

He was given a more advanced role under Souness and Roeder however, often played up front.

I disagree btw.

That's YOUR interpretation of it - mine is that they quickly sussed him and because the other players are not good enough individually to cause teams problems, Stoke were able to put more players on him and snuff him out..just as Wigan did with Jonas and Enrique.

What gives YOU the God-given right to decide whether I am like 'those West Ham fans(were you there by the way ?)etc etc.' You might think you know everything about the game but I do not share your opinion - or, incidentally, put much store by it. have you answered my point about his previous managers in France not wishing to keep him ? I wasn't aware that the French League is running over with top class players either... we do not need ANY player who is going to be temperamental and that is obviously the stance they took. There is more to a footballer than being able to do a few pretty dribbles or look good for the odd game...but then, as a NUFC fan for some years, you should be used to that by now !

So isn't that just the same as what I was saying, basically Stoke let our other players go free and instead threw extra players on HBA? So it's his fault the other players are too shit for Stoke to mark? What do you expect him to do, dribble past four players and score every game? By the way, I am not forcing you to agree with my opinion, I rate the lad, doesn't mean you have to. Everyone is entitled to their opinions even West Ham fans who felt Mascherano or Tevez were not good enough for their side.

Managers in France not wanting to keep Ben Arfa is irrelevant when trying to work out if he's any good or not.  It's like saying Bellamy was shite because managers over here didn't want him and we all know that isn't true.