Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Was that the day Bowyer had a great game?

I remember Bowyer being fantastic for us in a 3-1 win over Spurs, 2005-6 season? He was superb.

Is there any update on recovery time etc?? It feels like an age since it happened  :-[

Nothing has been said for a couple of weeks, the last I heard was that he was still with his family and all of his thoughts are on getting back to full fitness and that his recovery starts now which was 14th October.  Hughton said that the Doctor who had operated on him had said that he would be 100% when he comes back.

I'd say Ben Arfa is a skilful Dyer. Now that is a complement from me as I was a big fan of Dyer at NUFC. However Dyer was much more effective surrounded by Shearer, Robert, young Solano, Bellamy, Speed, than he was surrounded by Ameobi, Martins, Sibierski, old Solano, Butt, and I fear it was a similar story for Ben Arfa vs Stoke.

Never once saw Dyer blast one in like HBA. Dyer had plenty of 'skill' - he was just woeful when it came to imparting any sort of pace onto the ball.

I'd say Ben Arfa is a skilful Dyer. Now that is a complement from me as I was a big fan of Dyer at NUFC. However Dyer was much more effective surrounded by Shearer, Robert, young Solano, Bellamy, Speed, than he was surrounded by Ameobi, Martins, Sibierski, old Solano, Butt, and I fear it was a similar story for Ben Arfa vs Stoke.

Compliment

Since we are doing comparisons, Dyer beats defenders through sheer pace but was below average when facing the goalkeeper. He just could not smack the ball. Not sure of HBA's overall speed but he has sudden burst of acceleration, better ball control and somehow this canny ability to wiggle himself through/past defenders.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

think his leg will be a bit wobbly bluestar

It could help him do that beardsley rubber legged shimmy.

Haha just saw that goal against Villa again on 'Magpie Magic'.  :lol: