Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

If it happens, then I imagine he would have had some say, as I can't see Ashley shelling out £5.5m on his own initiative.

well of course he should have some say. Ashley should not interfere at all in the club business. he should hand the budget and the manager should then be able to spend the money at who he want. but Ashley won´t give the money.

If it happens, then I imagine he would have had some say, as I can't see Ashley shelling out £5.5m on his own initiative.

well of course he should have some say. Ashley should not interfere at all in the club business. he should hand the budget and the manager should then be able to spend the money at who he want. but Ashley won´t give the money.

Yep, giving a manager money would be too much like common sense for the fat one.

Going by recent accusations that most of the players in dealing have been done by Cashley & co, wouldn't we assume he's somewhat behind bringing Barfa here as well? If so, wouldn't that mean he'd be working to keep him here if he thought it'd do good for the valuation of the club as that's alledgedly (all but confirmed tbh) his main concern?

Well when we were linked with Ben Arfa it really sounded like Hughton had no idea about it.

Smokescreen i know, but somehow it really sounded as if he didn't know anything.

Didn't Hughton play a massive part in why Ben Arfa wanted to come though?

Well when we were linked with Ben Arfa it really sounded like Hughton had no idea about it.

Smokescreen i know, but somehow it really sounded as if he didn't know anything.

By all records, yeah, he did. But for all we know it could have been strictly on a personal level rather than buyer level? Obviously it could be the other way around, we have no proof either way. I'm just contemplating the aforementioned accusations of Cashley and Co wanting total control over transfers and the effects this could/would have if true.

Yes he did, didn't think about that tbh, cant remember how early Hughton dismissed the rumours either, maybe he did'nt know from the beginning, but that's probably me thinking a little bit too much :)

Back by February and I wonder what he makes of all the shinanigans on Tyneside lately?

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/12/21/hatem-ben-arfa-raring-to-return-to-magpies-61634-27859531/

I'd say he's probably disappointed as he had a lot of time for CH.  Harsh as it may seem he's probably being professional and raring to get back to playing.  I'd also assume he's had some contact with Parsnip and he's encouraged.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Well it's what the club doctor reckons and well that's his job, I just hope he hasn't lost any confidence and we get him signed on a permanent deal

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Simon Stainrod, what a name.

HAHA I know but he knows his stuff and if he's right HBA will be back in about 6-7 weeks!

It was never a season ending injury. You or I would resume normal life after 6/8 weeks with the same break. It was just a break and luckily no ligement or dislocations involved.

I've got my foot in a cast from broken two metatarsals for 6 weeks ... Surely a double leg break would be more than 6-8 weeks?