Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Haris Vuckic

There was an article when he first signed about why he chose 37, he said he originally wanted 55 but they wouldn't let him. Obviously both add up to 10 which is his preferred club number.

There was an article when he first signed about why he chose 37, he said he originally wanted 55 but they wouldn't let him. Obviously both add up to 10 which is his preferred club number.

I am sure thats the case and if he wants it he should get it....

Guest firetotheworks

He's definitely a 7, 10, 11, 14, 32 player like. I'd like him to take 14 because it's be besmurched by Perch at the moment, but I don't think 14 suits him.

Well give him 10 then!! I hope its a deal breaker so then Routledge has to give it up.

That made laugh :lol:

:lol: Same.

He's definitely a #10 like. Continental attacking midfielders = #10.

Carroll #9

Ben Arfa #10

A striker that isn't Peter Lovenrands #11

:thup:

Still a chance Hatem may not come back the same player, but he has shown he's a good talent and getting him signed up permanently would be a good move from Pardew.

The chances of him not being as good as before the break are very small.  He's broken a couple of bones which will repair and be as good as before the break.  He hasn't damaged anything else so his only problem once the bones have healed will be him having confidence that he's back to fitness and over the breaks.  Breaks around joints are worse than what Ben Arfa has had because you end up with more bone growing back and that can get in the way of a joint.

He will have been out for a while so could tweak a muscle or two once he’s playing again, that can happen and he’ll get over it.

11 is LW for me. 10 is a second striker, a-la Beardsley, so could see Ben Arfa there too. Or 8, as an attacking midfielder.

He can have whatever he wants though IMO if he signs full time.

This.

He can wear 666 on his back for all I care as long as he's here.

I don't think he should get a number that's in use by a current player unless the current player wants to change anyway.  He should just either keep the number that he has or take a number which isn't in use until his favoured number becomes available.

For me the best story about shirt numbers  was Shearer & Sir Les over John Moncur & Paolo Futre over the West Ham 10. Futre only found out on his 1st game he was not wearing the 10 & kicked off. Futre shouting "Futre 10" a load of times & he was ready to jump in a taxi & do one. Appy Arry tried to con Futre by saying that WHU could not give him them 10 as they had sold thousands of "Moncur 10" shirts, Futre saying he will refund the lot of them. Futre offered Moncur holidays at his villa in the Algarve, Moncur was not that bothered & accepted the deal.

And the Magpies could receive a further boost as the Chronicle understands Alan Pardew is close to making his first signing as Toon boss – believed to be a permanent deal for on-loan French star Hatem Ben Arfa.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=steven-taylor-set-to-sign-new-nufc-contract%26method=full%26objectid=27875090%26siteid=72703-name_page.html#ixzz18wBjGl1N

Best signing we'll make in January.

:fwap: :fwap: :fwap:

A baseball player about 15 years ago gave his number to a new teammate for $10 and some beer. I'm sure HBA and little Wayne can work something out.

£1000 and some oversized headphones.

Sounds like we are paying Semtex.

Doesn't 5 and a half year deals seem to be the range at NUFC these days?

That Moncur / Futre story is superb. :lol:

This is better than how I remember reading about it as Futre did f*** off from the game because he could not wear the 10.

Futre,’ he said, pointing to his chest. ‘Futre No.10.’

“I explained to him that he had to wear No.16, that it was FA rules that players were allocated a squad number and were stuck with it. But I may as well have recited a nursery rhyme. ‘Futre,’ he shouted, jabbing his chest again. “‘Future Eusebio No.10. Futre No.10.’

“‘Yeah, I understand all that,’ I said.

“‘But there’s nothing we can do. Moncur is No.10. You are No.16. We can’t change it now.’

“‘No f*****g way 16,’ Futre shouted. ‘F***ing No.10.’

“‘Look,’ I said. ‘Just wear the 16 shirt and we’ll talk about it later.’

“But he wouldn’t have it. He told me to eff off and next minute he was in a cab on his way home.

“The following Monday I hauled him in to my office. He had his lawyer and agent with him and started going on again about wearing No.10. I told him that in England kids buy football shirts with the name and number of their favourite player. John Moncur was No.10. It couldn’t be changed. Too many shirts had been sold.

“‘How many?’ Futre asked. ‘How much money?’

“‘A hundred thousand pounds’ worth,’ I said.

“In truth we’d probably sold about six.

“‘I pay,’ he said. ‘I pay. I give £100,000 and you take the shirts back. Give them the money back.’

“I couldn’t believe it. He wanted to fork out 100 grand just to wear the No.10. I suppose in a way you had to admire his principles.

“Futre owned one of the most luxurious villas in Portugal and offered Moncur a fortnight there free if he handed over his No.10 shirt.