Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ben Arfa must fight for Toon spot

By ROSS GREGORY

Published on Sunday 10 July 2011 17:10

ALAN Pardew has warned Hatem Ben Arfa he isn’t guaranteed a first-team place next season.

The Newcastle United boss has been rebuilding his squad over the summer as he aims to push the Magpies towards a top-10 finish.

Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux and Demba Ba have been brought to Tyneside to strengthen the first-team picture, with former skipper Kevin Nolan having left for West Ham.

Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr, have been identifying players they believe will offer greater versatility to the United squad as Pardew prepares to tinker with the way the team plays ahead of the new campaign.

A key player in that could be Ben Arfa, pictured, who can operate on either flank or just off the main striker.

Pardew is looking forward to getting the Frenchman back in the fold after his return from a horrendous leg break picked up against Manchester City last September.

However, while he believes the attacker could be a Premier League force, the Toon chief is excited by the range of options at his disposal.

“He can make a lot of impact here this season,” Pardew said of Ben Arfa.

“It isn’t just about Hatem of course – there are a lot of good players here.

“In fact we have a lot of options in each position, and that’s what any manager wants.

“It creates competition for places.”

Ben Arfa was signed on a permanent £5m deal from Paris St Germain in January, despite playing just four games before his injury.

He faces a challenge from both Marveaux and Jonas Gutierrez for a place on either flank, while Joey Barton and Wayne Routledge – should he remain at the club – can play on the right side of midfield.

If Newcastle can capture chief target Charles N’Zogbia this summer, it will add to the creative talent at Pardew’s disposal.

“The greater difficulty that I have in selecting my team the better,” the Magpies manager added.

“It is a selection problem, but it is a problem I want. It’s a nice problem to have."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/black-white/ben_arfa_must_fight_for_toon_spot_1_3565135

Pretty much guarantee Ben Arfa is the first name on the team sheet every week closely followed by Tiote and Cabaye. What a shit piece of sensationalist journalism.

By ROSS GREGORY

ALAN Pardew has warned Hatem Ben Arfa he isn’t guaranteed a first-team place next season.

The Newcastle United boss has been rebuilding his squad over the summer as he aims to push the Magpies towards a top-10 finish.

Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux and Demba Ba have been brought to Tyneside to strengthen the first-team picture, with former skipper Kevin Nolan having left for West Ham.

Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr, have been identifying players they believe will offer greater versatility to the United squad as Pardew prepares to tinker with the way the team plays ahead of the new campaign.

A key player in that could be Ben Arfa, pictured, who can operate on either flank or just off the main striker.

Pardew is looking forward to getting the Frenchman back in the fold after his return from a horrendous leg break picked up against Manchester City last September.

However, while he believes the attacker could be a Premier League force, the Toon chief is excited by the range of options at his disposal.

“In fact we have a lot of options in each position, and that’s what any manager wants.

Ben Arfa was signed on a permanent £5m deal from Paris St Germain in January, despite playing just four games before his injury.

He faces a challenge from both Marveaux and Jonas Gutierrez for a place on either flank, while Joey Barton and Wayne Routledge – should he remain at the club – can play on the right side of midfield.

If Newcastle can capture chief target Charles N’Zogbia this summer, it will add to the creative talent at Pardew’s disposal.

“The greater difficulty that I have in selecting my team the better,” the Magpies manager added.

“It is a selection problem, but it is a problem I want. It’s a nice problem to have."

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/black-white/ben_arfa_must_fight_for_toon_spot_1_3565135

Pretty much guarantee Ben Arfa is the first name on the team sheet every week closely followed by Tiote and Cabaye. What a s*** piece of sensationalist journalism.

Chief target since when  :undecided:

Interesting bit of spin there.

Yet it fails to mention that Pardew has said Ben Arfa will be deployed behind the striker, where we have fuck all options (alright, Vuckic I suppose) therefore making pretty much the whole angle of that article null and void.

By ROSS GREGORY

Likely story.

"Hatem is the best player at the club, there's no doubt."

"He's a guaranteed starter every week, in my books. In fact there's no need to even try for him, he'll definitely be in the team"

"Lazy and distant in training, offering nowt on the pitch - it doesn't matter, he'll still be on the teamsheet every week."

"He's really really good. Better than the rest actually, who are shit in comparison. My entire squad is terrible compared to Hatem"

:razz:

"Hatem is the best player at the club, there's no doubt."

"He's a guaranteed starter every week, in my books. In fact there's no need to even try for him, he'll definitely be in the team"

"Lazy and distant in training, offering nowt on the pitch - it doesn't matter, he'll still be on the teamsheet every week."

"He's really really good. Better than the rest actually, who are s*** in comparison. My entire squad is terrible compared to Hatem"

:razz:

:smitten: :smitten: and a quick :fwap:

Couple of snippets of him on the NUFCtv videos, he looks fine.

Training isn't open to the public.

Ok cheers, seen those already though, i just wanna see and hear more about him i guess :)

This time I agree with you. Pardew's talking shit if he is trying to spin this into "we've got so many options already, no need to buy anymore". I know it is still early days, but the lack of activity since Marveaux is worrying. Pardew and Ashley should be crucified if our transfers stop with Marveaux (and no getting Taylor for 1M in does not count). We should be aiming for two more quality players in mid/attack and perhaps one more as cover for defense.

This time I agree with you. Pardew's talking s*** if he is trying to spin this into "we've got so many options already, no need to buy anymore". I know it is still early days, but the lack of activity since Marveaux is worrying. Pardew and Ashley should be crucified if our transfers stop with Marveaux (and no getting Taylor for 1M in does not count). We should be aiming for two more quality players in mid/attack and perhaps one more as cover for defense.

Pardew has confirmed he wants two more. There is another month until the season starts and 6/7 weeks till the window shuts.

There are plently od teams yet to sign anyone yet.

I will be underwhelmed if we stay as we are, we need a striker cos' if Demba breaks down we will be truly funcked, would also like to see another nº9 to compete with him....

I suppose we may be waiting to sell routledge, best shola and a couple of others as we have no money left from the Carrol sale after installing diamond studded water pipes and kryptonite heat producing burners...

I will be underwhelmed if we stay as we are, we need a striker cos' if Demba breaks down we will be truly funcked, would also like to see another nº9 to compete with him....

I suppose we may be waiting to sell routledge, best shola and a couple of others as we have no money left from the Carrol sale after installing diamond studded water pipes and kryptonite heat producing burners...

Them training pitches do look lush mind. Worth every penny.