Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Don't think anyone was expecting him to suddenly set the world alight like, just more relief that he looks to be in good shape. As long as he looks as mobile, that's all the reassurance most of us need. The fact he was getting stuck in, shows he's got no fear about his leg. Promising.

Doesn't look like the injury has changed the way he plays or his mobility at all tbh.

This is the most important thing, and it's pleasing to hear. A full season of Ben Arfa will be amazing.

I've just emailed skybet about the odds of him getting 10+ goals this season and received this reply...

"Thanks for your enquiry.

The traders have quoted a price of 16/1 for Ben Arfa to score 10+ goals. They have also said that the maximum you can bet on it is £50. To place the bet please call us on 08000 724 777 as we must place this as a manual bet."

Decent price, probably gonna whack a tenner on that.

Canny, may put a tenner on that too.

Good odds, especially if we're playing with him off a lone central striker.

Guest taps01

I've just emailed skybet about the odds of him getting 10+ goals this season and received this reply...

"Thanks for your enquiry.

The traders have quoted a price of 16/1 for Ben Arfa to score 10+ goals. They have also said that the maximum you can bet on it is £50. To place the bet please call us on 08000 724 777 as we must place this as a manual bet."

Decent price, probably gonna whack a tenner on that.

All comps or just prem?

how did he look last night then?

Hobbled around like a cripple for 45 minutes

Well that puts him ahead of Smith at least.

Dare I say smith played okay the other night?, quite evident pardew wants the ball played on the deck because some of the passing movements were great to watch, and smith seems to like to like to offload the ball as fast as he possibly can (to avoid fucking up as much I'd imagine) so it strangely all worked.

Or I may have had one too many panda pops that night and just imagined it all

Guest Recoba

Ben Arfa was at the heart of everything. Got himself all over seemingly with free reign from Pardew.

Stuff wasn't quite coming off ie shots off target and struggled to glide past but it's early pre season I'm full of optimism once he gets match fit.

I heard he looked decent but really, really slow. :(

Oh great, now people are going to start analyzing his speed and acceleration compared to last season and come out with all sorts of theories including conspiracies why the club agree to buy a crocked player

You heard wrong! Very wrong.

were you there? Would be assured if someone who saw him play said that he looked back to normal (barring match fitness of course)

You heard wrong! Very wrong.

were you there? Would be assured if someone who saw him play said that he looked back to normal (barring match fitness of course)

Yeah i was there. He looked (like all the players) a little rusty, but he didn't look like a player who hadn't played for months. In terms of speed, he attempted some dribbles that were very quick footed, and his overall pace seemed to be very similar to what it was. Obviously, with it being a friendly, and his first game back, he wasn't as polished as his performances last year, but he certainly looked good.

cheers mate, will take your word for it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Steven Taylor on the new lads. HBA in particular

“The style and the way we’re playing, definitely you’ll see a new team. Maybe a more exciting one.

“They’ve excited me. The new players look fantastic – their technique is phenomenal.

“Seeing Ben Arfa in training, wow. The quality he has got is amazing. It’s what this club needs. He’ll excite the fans.

“I saw Demba Ba last year, I saw some of the goals and I think he’ll be a powerhouse for us. That’s what we need to replace Andy Carroll.

“The other lads look fantastic – Cabaye looks like a top quality player. You don’t get in the France team for nothing and he looks like he can pick a pass.

“Sylvain – or Sly, as I think he wants to be called – he’s sharp and very, very quick.”

I was there and he looked anything but slow tbh. Took him a while to get in the groove, but when he was his touch and movement was good. Nowt spectacular (yet) but certainly promising.

cheers, good to hear  :thup:

Oh great, now people are going to start analyzing his speed and acceleration compared to last season and come out with all sorts of theories including conspiracies why the club agree to buy a crocked player

Aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself there apal..?  :crazy2:

Seen the highlights on NUFCTV, looks like he was going for goal a bit more and being a bit more greedy.  Good to see TBH, barring the wonder goal in the Everton game he kept trying to offload the ball when getting near the box.  His goalscoring record isn't that great either, for someone with such ability, I would expect him to score more. 

Not sure if it was just him trying a bit too hard, or if Pardew has instructed him to start having more cracks at goal.  Hopefully the latter  O0

Seen the highlights on NUFCTV, looks like he was going for goal a bit more and being a bit more greedy.  Good to see TBH, barring the wonder goal in the Everton game he kept trying to offload the ball when getting near the box.  His goalscoring record isn't that great either, for someone with such ability, I would expect him to score more. 

Not sure if it was just him trying a bit too hard, or if Pardew has instructed him to start having more cracks at goal.  Hopefully the latter  O0

I reckon it will be the later, Pardew has said he see's him as more of a goalscorer hasn't he? and given he will be playing the number 10 role.