Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ok his studds made contact with the ball as his knee was crushing Ben Arfa's leg.. happy?  It was an incredibly wild and dangerous tackle and if he did the same again someone else would likely be out for the season and you think its a yellow card?

I appologise for pulling you up about the facts like :lol:

It was a bad tackle, but it was unlucky Ben Arfa's leg was broke, his foot was planted on the turn. It definatly wasn't a clear cut straight red card, it was debateable.

no debate on it, the tackle was made in such a way that he would go through the player aswell. a typical enforcer midfileders "get him hit early" tackle/

Studs up? :lol:

Fucking hell man go to bed.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/21/article-0-0B758605000005DC-196_634x424.jpg

Do you see how his studs are facing outwards towards the player.  That's called going into a tackle studs up.  Watch the video and you'll actually see that the only part of him that touches the ball are his studs.

Take your own advise because you're embarrasing yourself.

The lad's had two nasty tackles that have done some damage to him. It's not like he's twisting/spraining/pulling/tweaking something every week. A broken leg and a damaged ankle ligament are hardly his fault or a reason to say he's "injury-prone".

Ridiculous.

It was more the follow through that did the damage rather than the tackle itself.

Absolutely, just saying that going in studs up on its own can be a justification for a sending off.  De Jong went in studs up, and brought his other leg accross to scissor Ben Arfa's legs which also makes it two footed.

Fucking hell man go to bed.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/21/article-0-0B758605000005DC-196_634x424.jpg

Do you see how his studs are facing outwards towards the player.  That's called going into a tackle studs up.

Settle down man buttercup.

If you class that tackle as "studs up" then you are an idiot, i'm sorry, but 99% of tackles we see every weekend are "studs up" going by your logic.

The tacke was bad because his trailing leg was completely out of position, had his trailing leg been on the floor it would have been a class challenge.

f***ing hell man go to bed.

Do you see how his studs are facing outwards towards the player.  That's called going into a tackle studs up.

If you class that tackle as "studs up" then you are an idiot, i'm sorry, but 99% of tackles we see every weekend are "studs up" going by your logic.

The tacke was bad because his trailing leg was completely out of position, had his trailing leg been on the floor it would have been a class challenge.

quit the jibba jabba you two.

cut to the chase, studs up or not was de jongs tackle meant to damage ?

I couldn't possibly say if he meant to do damage or not, he was sprinting to win the ball and his challenge was hard because of this. I don't realy like De Jong, but had Ben Arfa not broke his leg I doubt many people would have been unhappy with a yellow card in that situation.

There's no argument Madras, if this clown thinks that going into a tackle with your studs facing directly at the ball/players legs (he even makes contact with the ball directly with his studs)isn't studs up then he's either on a wind up or thick as mince.

I couldn't possibly say if he meant to do damage or not, he was sprinting to win the ball and his challenge was hard because of this. I don't realy like De Jong, but had Ben Arfa not broke his leg I doubt many people would have been unhappy with a yellow card in that situation.

mah. i hate this sort of thing and it's a red all day for me. i honestly think  he went out with the intention hindering ben arfa.

His toes, the front of his boot OR his studs if he can stay on the ground or isn't going directly for the player with his foot out flat.  De Jong lunged (both feet off the ground) with his studs facing the player and foot out flat.

I find it highly ammusing that you genuinly believe every legitimate tackle in the premier league is made with the players toes connecting with the ball like. Your allowed to take the ball with your studs, there isn't a law that says otherwise.

you tend not to be allowed to follow through in such a manner though.

Certain tackles are fine with your studs.  For instance a tackle from the side you might make contact with your studs and that's ok obviously.  But if you lunge into a tackle directly towards a player with your studs out that's not fine.

Would be interesting to see a comparison between the comments made about De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa and Tiote's tackle against Stevenage.

I reckon the colours of the shirts being worn at the time had a bearing.

Guest Heneage

Would be interesting to see a comparison between the comments made about De Jong's tackle on Ben Arfa and Tiote's tackle against Stevenage.

I don't, they were both wearing blue shirts at the time.

I find it highly ammusing that you genuinly believe every legitimate tackle in the premier league is made with the players toes connecting with the ball like. Your allowed to take the ball with your studs, there isn't a law that says otherwise.

you tend not to be allowed to follow through in such a manner though.

Nothing wrong with the placement of his left leg in that challenge, if his foot went over the ball then the whole "studs up" argument would hold some water.

tiotes was avtually from the side and going away from the player. huge difference

tiotes was avtually from the side and going away from the player. huge difference

His trailing leg went through the guys ankle iirc

I don't, they were both wearing blue shirts at the time.

Deliberately obtuse or just being a cunt? Can't decide. :dontknow:

Not dangerous then?