Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

A year out ffs. Why couldn't it be one of about literally 25 others in our squad?

It's sickening. But it also makes you realise that there is a good chance it was pre-meditated (maybe not with an intended leg break but still).

Ben Arfa off a striker, doesn't matter who will be fucking GOLD!

Fucking hell Barton on the right, Jonas on the left, the two beautiful shorties in the mid. And Ben Arfa raping everything in the front (especially Shola, if he's playing).

Will be MAGICAL! Can't wait till we rape Wolves.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/21/ben-arfa-close-to-return-after-tests-reveal-minor-damage-79310-29274411/

Ben Arfa close to return after tests reveal minor damage

Aug 21 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

HATEM BEN ARFA has been slated for an October return after a positive fitness bullet-in from France.

In a sizeable boost for Newcastle, scans from medics at Clairefontaine have confirmed NO fresh damage to the broken leg sustained nearly a year ago. Instead it is ligament damage that should have fully healed in a little over three weeks.

The schedule now for the mercurial France midfielder is a return to the North East to take in the Fulham game in seven days, with a full return to the club’s Benton training base on September 10.

He would then be in line for a first-team return in three weeks – giving him a chance to play when Newcastle go to Wolves on October 1.

Pardew confirmed to the Sunday Sun: “We’ve had some positive news about Hatem and that is that we’ve had a second consultation and it’s come back the same as the first.

“The break is fine and it’s a ligament problem. We expect him back at the training ground – fingers crossed – by September 10. And that’s with some preparational work in terms of his fitness.

“So he should come back to training that day.

“He’ll come and watch the Fulham game but now he’s working towards that point. The realistic aim is three weeks from when he returns on September 10.”

The injury to Ben Arfa was probably the heaviest blow of a pre-season that was beset by problems for Pardew.

He had been pencilled in for a big role in the side and had looked phenomenally sharp in training – leading to the Toon boss promising big things from the former Marseille man.

Now he faces a sizeable battle to get back to full sharpness, as well as to convince Pardew that he can play a big role in competitive games.

It has also scuppered his chances of formulating the “personal relationship” that the United chief feels is needed to coax the best out of a player who is renowned for being high maintenance.

The Toon boss said: “I’ve been here seven or eight months and I haven’t seen him play a competitive game yet.

“Of course I’ve seen him in friendlies but they’re not the same.

“So it’s been difficult for me and Hatem – I’m trying to form a relationship with him because he’s a player who needs to form a relationship with a manager to get the best out of him.

“Obviously a lot of the time he’s at Clairefontaine and we’re trying to do a recovery where he’s more contained and we’re doing more work so it’s difficult.

“We will be starting afresh when he comes back.”

Guest mimifrench

He is, in the moment, in the stands in the Parc des Princes watching PSG vs Valenciennes...

I don't really know why he has to stay in France,  :undecided:  you have surely competent doctors in nufc ?

He is, in the moment, in the stands in the Parc des Princes watching PSG vs Valenciennes...

I don't really know why he has to stay in France,  :undecided:  you have surely competent doctors in nufc ?

Nope.  Ashley employed Nick Riviera to save a few quid.

Go ask him, mims.