Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Thought this would happen. This injury is in the same area as his leg break and Pardew sounded quite vague about the timescale from the outset

Said this before. I reckon hes done some damage where the original injury was - could cause all sorts of problems

Based on what?  The problem is in his ankle/achilles, his broken bone was well above that area.

Not his fault, but I don't think we'll ever be in a position to rely on this lad.

I think he'll always attract bad tackles, more so then your average player, but I cant see tackles like the last two happening consistently.  They were geniunely terrible tackles that would have injured any player.

Could Pardew not have meant, 3-4 weeks and he'd be back in training and then 5-6 weeks he'll be starting or in an around the team? He has missed a large chunk of preseason let's not forget, he'll have his work cut out for him when he gets back.

Possibly, that's what I suggested above, nobody else seems to agree though :)

Thought this would happen. This injury is in the same area as his leg break and Pardew sounded quite vague about the timescale from the outset

Said this before. I reckon hes done some damage where the original injury was - could cause all sorts of problems

Please Dr. Go on....

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Based on what?  The problem is in his ankle/achilles, his broken bone was well above that area.

Not his fault, but I don't think we'll ever be in a position to rely on this lad.

I think he'll always attract bad tackles, more so then your average player, but I cant see tackles like the last two happening consistently.  They were geniunely terrible tackles that would have injured any player.

Jonas is like that though. But I suppose he's a very sturdy player.

Breaks like these are random injuries. Yes, he's the type of player that invites challenges, but so are most dribblers. He doesn't have a history of injuries, and these bone injuries are random. I'd be more worried if he had persistent muscular problems a la Kieron Dyer, who could never got over the issues, or Owen, who had surgery which changed his game completely because he didn't have the raw pace anymore. This will all be forgotten when Ben Arfa gets fit and plays 30 matches this year.

His injuries aren't chronic, is what I'm saying. They're different and unrelated to each other, which is why it's not a concern.

I know everyone's on edge these days so we're all prone to some exaggeration/doomsday-type talk, but he'll be fine and we'll be fine. It's just frustrating that our squad hasn't been strengthened enough to be able to cope with injuries to him and other key players, even though the opportunity was there.

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

Ben Arfa's still 'five or six weeks' away from a comeback, according to Pardew today #nufc

49 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Feck sake man.

:lol: Love it. Kept clicking on this thread out of habit, but didn't read it. Knew it was nowt but bad news with the constant bumping. How I should have listened to myself.

Have now placed him in the little mental block in my head I reserve for players who rarely actually play for us so it's better for me to just assume they don't exist until they do.

Previously occupied by messirs Owen and Viduka.

Isn't Pardew just including fitness time, and therefore how long it will take before he actually makes an appearance, rather than how long before the injury is healed?

Wait until it becomes 2 months.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Probably going to miss seven or eight games then. Great news, imagine all those appearance bonus payments we'll save.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

Probably going to miss seven or eight games then. Great news, imagine all those appearance bonus payments we'll save.

Cynical post of the day  :laugh: