Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Respect to Harper?

No point in changing that number imo, even if Harper doesn't play.

The starting goalkeeper is far from decided, I don't think there's any need to take the number 1 from our longest serving player. He's probably only got a year left in him anyway, just let it be.

Hatem Ben Arfa has been handed the number ten shirt for Newcastle United ahead of the 2011/12 campaign.

The French forward, who arrived from Marseille last August initially on loan before making the move permanent in January, previously wore the 37 jersey, but has opted to switch for this term.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110812/weve-got-your-number_2281670_2417857

Can't believe a few ever doubted this, still happy it's been confirmed.

I guess it's only his take, but:

Douglas-

I suspect it'll be close to the 2-3 month mark. Terrible luck for the lad

Surely not? Would be absolutely awful. Exactly the type of player we're in badly need of.

He was nowhere near and ball, two footed and scissored Ben Arfa's legs.  Yellow card tackle? ???

What you talking about, he won the ball man :lol:

He won the ball by crushing the opponents legs, red card.

Ok fair enough the studds of his left leg made contact with the ball as the knee of his right made contact and broke Ben Arfa's leg.  It was an incredibly wild and dangerous tackle, if he did the same again someone else would likely be out for the season.  Studds up red card, two footed red card, follow through with his second leg red card.  Any of those by themselves were enough to get him sent off according to the rules of the game.

Ok his studds made contact with the ball as his knee was crushing Ben Arfa's leg.. happy?  It was an incredibly wild and dangerous tackle and if he did the same again someone else would likely be out for the season and you think its a yellow card?

I appologise for pulling you up about the facts like :lol:

It was a bad tackle, but it was unlucky Ben Arfa's leg was broke, his foot was planted on the turn. It definatly wasn't a clear cut straight red card, it was debateable.

I forgot/misremembered one aspect of the challenge (the leg that did the damage was nowhere near the ball).  I do however have some idea of the rules of the game which you can't seem to grasp.

It was studds up, two footed AND he followed through with his second leg after making contact with the ball.  Any one of those could have seen him sent off, all of them together makes for just about the least debateble read card you'll ever see.