Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

In the interview they showed of him this morning in a French channel, one of the NUFC fans ask HBA : "Please be better than Rooney !"  LOL

In many aspects, he already is better than Rooney

Better left foot and better dribbler, that's where it ends.

Whilst I agree with you in principle, it also depends on how you measure attributes. Dribbling for instance can be further broken down to smaller components

In the interview they showed of him this morning in a French channel, one of the NUFC fans ask HBA : "Please be better than Rooney !"  LOL

In many aspects, he already is better than Rooney

Better left foot and better dribbler, that's where it ends.

Whilst I agree with you in principle, it also depends on how you measure attributes. Dribbling for instance can be further broken down to smaller components

All right then, Hatem's better at dribbling with the ball, Rooney's better at dribbling from his mouth.

Guest mimifrench

He also said that he was amazed by the support of the NUFC fans during his rehabilitation. You have supported him like he was playing on the pitch for you, that touched him a lot !

He is simply happy !

Chelsea look like a team waiting to click but will do at some point. I do rate Villas Boas and I love how he responded to being accused of being naive in his attacking play against Man U (was this from the same journos who fawn over boring defensive Mancini?) by saying he was trying to play proper entertaining attacking english footy. Spot on, critiquing a manager for having a right go at Man U is ridiculous.

Arsenal aren't going to make it to top 4 this season I doubt, the main other contender is Totenham, whom look pretty good but I still have reservations about. Stoke oddly I think will sadly be competing there too.

Our squad is too thin however to be competing at that level all season to be honest, and we haven't really seen how we do against the better premier league sides. Raylor will be ripped a new one if he's still at left back, and I imagine Simpson will too. I hope when we don't really come that close to 4th Ben Arfa doesn't instantly get disillusioned and want to leave. (Sorry to be a bit pessimistic)

To be fair on him, wasn't he back in france most the time while out injured? Yeah should learn English though, suspect will since rest of French contigent seem to be trying now.

Guest hatem garrincha

<<<No chance he's better than Rooney>>>

It's not the same football, not the same role on the pitch. Why comparing them ?

Guest mimifrench

I really don't undersatnd why you are so pessimistic ! I mean you all say you'll be happy if you finish on the first mid table... you're crazy !

With the team you have, top 5-6 is very realistic. If Ba keeps inproving and your midfield (Tiote and Cabaye) play well together, there are no reason to no target Europe next season.

Last but not least, if Ben arfa finds again his level and is able to link your midfield with the attack, you could be unbeatable.

I really don't undersatnd why you are so pessimistic ! I mean you all say you'll be happy if you finish on the first mid table... you're crazy !

With the team you have, top 5-6 is very realistic. If Ba keeps inproving and your midfield (Tiote and Cabaye) play well together, there are no reason to no target Europe next season.

Last but not least, if Ben arfa finds again his level and is able to link your midfield with the attack, you could be unbeatable.

Well we've been going from one disaster to the next since Sir Bobby (RIP) was sacked, I think this 'positivity' thing is a bit hard to get the hang of at the moment :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

Really good interview, but I'd like him to get his finger out a bit and learn English. He's been here over a year now.

Let him perfect his french first  :D

This is why we love you Mimi, we need more optimistic posts like yours!  O0

I'm very pleased with the midfield that has been built. But if Colo was to get injured, our defence would fall to pieces, and we certainly wouldn't be 'unbeatable'.

Really good interview, but I'd like him to get his finger out a bit and learn English. He's been here over a year now.

I would imagine the proportion of that time he's been in France is pretty high tbf.

Guest mimifrench

Thanks.

Well, it's sure that i don't know really the past of your club and what you've been through the last years. It must have been difficult with the relegation but NOW you've got a very good team !

I'm a recent Newcastle fan but i can see when a team play well or not.

You have a solid defense, strong midfield and some excellent individualities who can make differences only by themselves. That's the case of Hatem.

For example, to my mind, you have a better team than Arsenal, which isn't improving any more.

Thanks.

Well, it's sure that i don't know really the past of your club and what you've been through the last years. It must have been difficult with the relegation but NOW you've got a very good team !

I'm a recent Newcastle fan but i can see when a team play well or not.

You have a solid defense, strong midfield and some excellent individualities who can make differences only by themselves. That's the case of Hatem.

For example, to my mind, you have a better team than Arsenal, which isn't improving any more.

Mimi says we are better than Arsenal...top four...top four!  :frantic:

I would imagine the proportion of that time he's been in France is pretty high tbf.

Aye, fully aware of that. Still nothing stopping him having a tutor over there, etc.

Guest hatem garrincha

Ben Arfa will be in every Laurent Blanc's selection if he can stay fit

Marveaux was knocking the door of the national team before his injury with Rennes last year

Cabaye seems to be a serious candidate for a starting 11 since his last match with France

Obertan leaved Bordeaux with a good reputation but is still "unproven" in France.

Abeid was called "the next Ben Arfa" when playing with Lens youngsters

I think the skepticism of doing that well comes as a reaction against constant bollocks media reports about how stupid and over optimistic toon fans always are.

Over expectation can be bad for a team, I think being underdogs can always be a good thing for the morale, and creates an us against the world atmosphere in a team. Assuming great success before achieved however could decimate morale when it turns out they can't quite achieve it. I am optimistic actually of progress made, and say we come 9th, I don't really think anyone wouldn't have taken that at start when morale was a bit low. We then have a great base to build on, we'll be able to attract more players as we can say we're pushing for a Europa league place, and then we can kick on.

Not to say we shouldn't be WOOO LETS GET IN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE attitude, that can be great fun if taken right, if it doesn't burden team with expectations of actually getting to champions league, for now we should be swashbuckling exciting plucky and over achieving, rather than for now harbouring an enduring myth of deserving a top 4 finish or anything.