Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I really don't undersatnd why you are so pessimistic ! I mean you all say you'll be happy if you finish on the first mid table... you're crazy !

With the team you have, top 5-6 is very realistic. If Ba keeps inproving and your midfield (Tiote and Cabaye) play well together, there are no reason to no target Europe next season.

Last but not least, if Ben arfa finds again his level and is able to link your midfield with the attack, you could be unbeatable.

:rose:

We are used to pessimistic, but i am starting to turn over.

Our French players is just lovely.

Ba, he is like a teddybear, just want to hug him, sounds so nice  :aww:

Obviously he's not half the player Rooney is, and never will be. We still love him.

I disagree. I think Rooney is the better player (especially on current form) but would not say he is twice as good. HBA can do things that Rooney can only dream about. Rooney at the end of the day is an intelligent version of a typical English center forward. Lethal when shooting but also with intelligent movement, but his technique in terms of dribbling, feints and just pure skill are significantly below HBA. Think Rooney is the stronger player physically too but suspect HBA has faster acceleration

In the interview they showed of him this morning in a French channel, one of the NUFC fans ask HBA : "Please be better than Rooney !"  LOL

In many aspects, he already is better than Rooney

Better left foot and better dribbler, that's where it ends.

To different kind of players, so it's not easy to compare them. 

But if we focus on potential, that's a different case.  HBA is a huge talent., maybe even bigger than C.Ronaldo.  If you eg. see the video of C. Ronaldo against Santon, you can see that he doesn't look at Santon when dribbling. That's why you could see Ronaldo perform numerous of ineffective dribbles without passing his man.  He doesn't  to a great extent adjust his movements according to his opponent. HBA on the other hand (like Zidane, Messi and Maradona) always looks at his opponent simultaneously when dribbling. So if HBA sees that he's going to the left, he increases the speed, and goes to the right. That's why he's capable of passing three four players with minimal energy.  Imo, C. Ronaldo had a bundle of talent, but it was SAF who took him to the next level. SAF taught him when to dribble and when to pass. In the first seasons in PL, Ronaldo tended to get stuck, but SAF's "pass and move" philosophy corrected that. In other words: if HBA at an earlier stage had access to the same competence, like Ronaldo, he could already been a world class player.

I may be completely wrong of course, but this strange man love that I'm now experiencing is making me a tad subjective :lol:

There's very little that Rooney can't do with a ball at his feet.

I'll disagree again, whilst Rooney can dribble, when he does, it is usually based on strength, power and a bit of pace and sometimes trickery. Can't remember the last time Rooney dribbled with some fancy skill that had me awed the way Nani did yesterday or the way HBA did against Everton, beating players with fancy footwork and body feints. 

There's very little that Rooney can't do with a ball at his feet.

I'll disagree again, whilst Rooney can dribble, when he does, it is usually based on strength, power and a bit of pace and sometimes trickery. Can't remember the last time Rooney dribbled with some fancy skill that had me awed the way Nani did yesterday or the way HBA did against Everton, beating players with fancy footwork and body feints. 

Exactly.

I would wait until Ben Arfa's completed a season in the premier before making any comparisons with Rooney who has after all been there, seen it, done it and bought the t shirt.

fair enough, I'm only comparing based on what I've seen so far.

Guest mimifrench

Obviously he's not half the player Rooney is, and never will be. We still love him.

I really disagree with you on that point. In terms of potential, tecnic and dribbling of course, Ben arfa CAN become better than Rooney. And i think you're occulting Ben arfa's superb and incredible vision of the game. I've never seen Rooney make some passes that Ben arfa can do with his eyes closed tbh.

I really don't undersatnd why you are so pessimistic ! I mean you all say you'll be happy if you finish on the first mid table... you're crazy !

With the team you have, top 5-6 is very realistic. If Ba keeps inproving and your midfield (Tiote and Cabaye) play well together, there are no reason to no target Europe next season.

Last but not least, if Ben arfa finds again his level and is able to link your midfield with the attack, you could be unbeatable.

Well we've been going from one disaster to the next since Sir Bobby (RIP) was sacked, I think this 'positivity' thing is a bit hard to get the hang of at the moment :lol:

Indeed :lol:

Rooney is enjoying a purple patch much like Leon Best - he has a lot of class but I think it comes easier to Ben Arfa.

Obviously at the moment I'd rather have Rooney but he's ugly & fat & wouldn't get on the dreamboat.

:spit:

:spit: indeed

Guest Haris Vuckic

Nobody's saying Ben Arfa is better than Rooney but that he can be.

Is everyone forgetting the Rooney before this season? He couldn't buy a goal & was awful for England.

Ben Arfa has a stupid amount of natural talent, I think a lot of Rooney's is down to hard work.