Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest mimifrench

Nobody's saying Ben Arfa is better than Rooney but that he can be.Is everyone forgetting the Rooney before this season? He couldn't buy a goal & was awful for England.

Ben Arfa has a stupid amount of natural talent, I think a lot of Rooney's is down to hard work.

Just as simple as that. I even don't know why the two are compared, they are not the same style of player.

Nobody's saying Ben Arfa is better than Rooney but that he can be.

Is everyone forgetting the Rooney before this season? He couldn't buy a goal & was awful for England.

Ben Arfa has a stupid amount of natural talent, I think a lot of Rooney's is down to hard work.

Rooney couldn't score a goal that time but still was very important for Man Utd. Berbatov without him that time wouldn't have got that many goals.

I'll be honest, I'm worried of what will happen when HBA plays against City again. The way the cunt showed no remorse whatsoever and his general style of play, I would not put it beyond him to go sliding in with a leg breaker again just to keep HBA quiet.

Ben Arfa will be a very good player for us, but seriously don't expect him to be a world class player a la Rooney. Fucking hell, Rooney is one of the best in the World. Ben Arfa has a long way to go to be even the best in his country.

As much as I love HBA and dislike Rooney they cannot be compared at the moment. Apart from a few dips in form Rooney has been amazing since he first played Premiership football. Its easy to dismiss Rooney because he can be a bit of a dick and doesn't have the technical ability of the likes of Ronaldo/Messi/Iniesta etc but from the Premiership he'd be one of the first names on my team sheet. HBA has a long way to go for the same kind of impact.

Guest mimifrench

Ben Arfa will be a very good player for us, but seriously don't expect him to be a world class player a la Rooney. f***ing hell, Rooney is one of the best in the World. Ben Arfa has a long way to go to be even the best in his country.

Wrong.

Guest mimifrench

People are happily ignoring Ben Arfa's career to date.

Well, people in here seem to think that Ben arfa began his football carrer in NUFC... Pretty much annoying...

Doesn't compare to Rooney's, man. Rooney's won it all, and will be England's top scorer of all time before too long.

He hasn't won it all and he won't get anywhere near the all time record.

He's 22 goals away. :lol:

Just stop trolling my posts, man. We're all painfully aware of your problems and subsequent boredom.

Doesn't compare to Rooney's, man. Rooney's won it all, and will be England's top scorer of all time before too long.

He hasn't won it all and he won't get anywhere near the all time record.

He'll break Bobby Charlton's record.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I just meant as a player - I've totally forgotten the Rooney debate as frankly I don't care for it too much.

But Ben Arfa has been a star player for years & he's proved himself in a number of competitions. We got lucky signing him.

Guest Haris Vuckic

People are happily ignoring Ben Arfa's career to date.

Well, people in here seem to think that Ben arfa began his football carrer in NUFC... Pretty much annoying...

I think it's because he's been injured for a while & people are perhaps forgetting how big a signing he was.

He was good yesterday & I look forward to more of it, He didn't do much as it really wasn't the plan to bring him on according to Pardew. He got a great reception & I think people hold him in high regard.

Ben Arfa will be a very good player for us, but seriously don't expect him to be a world class player a la Rooney. Fucking hell, Rooney is one of the best in the World. Ben Arfa has a long way to go to be even the best in his country.

It's a reason why HBA is referred to as a prodigy, and why NUFC now is experiencing a certain influx of French supporters. HBA's maximum level is extremely high. Rooney is  a direct player, who btw also benefits hugely from ManU's direct style. But imo HBA has a magical touch that very few have. Have you ever seen Rooney breeze past 3 and 4 players like HBA did against Everton? He did that against a team who are notorious for their capability of stopping the best and creative players, eg how they stopped Bale (always have two players on him, leading him inside, forcing him to to pass/shoot with his weaker foot) and Arsenal (by applying high pressure). That didn't seem to bother HBA at all, and it was his first PL-game. Should say something about his potential.

Guest mimifrench

The only question with him (aside if he's recovered well from the injury) will only be if he can repeat his efforts consistently/regularly during the season. If it's the case, then he'll surely be one of the best players NUFC had for the last years.