Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest mimifrench

Could someone who saw the match (or was there) tell me honestly how he has done, please ?

Was it THAT bad i.e. selfish, lost the ball, hold on it too long,... ?

Could someone who saw the match (or was there) tell me honestly how he has done, please ?

Fucking horrendous. I for one hope he doesn't get near the team for a long time until he realises what it takes to fit into the Newcastle Way.

I was also not at the match.

Phil Thompson said he gave the worst performance he'd ever seen from a Frenchman. Phil is never wrong.

Please tell me he didnt really say that? god i hate that man, He probably spent most of the time looking over his neighbours shoulder wanking over the liverpool game and then cutting back to us when the camera was on him.

Not to say ben arfa didnt have a bad game just i very much dislike big nose.

Wasn't at the game but from the radio yeah they kept saying he was anonymous but there were times in the 2nd half where they would say ben arfa had beaten a few players or linked up well with marveaux so can't be the "worse performance eva!!!" or i hope not as he might start getting down and doubting himself that he can be the same player pre-broken leg.

His problems weren't really on the ball. From the radio, they didn't say he was wasteful when he was on it, he seemed to pass it more often than not and seemed to have a good 10-15 minutes from just before the first half ended to around the 55th minute.

It sounded like he was just out of the game far too much, it passed him by and he didn't go looking for the ball, which is unusual for him.

Ash's post:

Really disappointed in Hatem tonight, he just didn't get into the game at all and barely touched the ball. I'd like to say it was due to the midfield not giving him the ball but he barely offered himself all night. We looked a lot better when he went off as we ended up carrying him in the end.

Not too concerned at this stage but tonight was a big opportunity for him to show his worth and he didn't take it. Back to the bench on Monday night, unfortunately.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Step son was there (left with 5 mins to go!). He says that he didn't seem interested.

It was a strange one. When we were chasing the game and balls were going out for goal kicks and throw ins, he was going and getting it and giving it to the Blackburn players (appearing interested).

Whilst we were in possession however, he was the easiest player on the pitch to mark. He barely moved looking for the space he should crave and quite frankly it baffled me.

Step son was there (left with 5 mins to go!). He says that he didn't seem interested.

It was a strange one. When we were chasing the game and balls were going out for goal kicks and throw ins, he was going and getting it and giving it to the Blackburn players (appearing interested).

Whilst we were in possession however, he was the easiest player on the pitch to mark. He barely moved looking for the space he should crave and quite frankly it baffled me.

He was extremely happy when Cabaye scored too. Might be that he was frustrated with nothing going like planned for him, but tried his best off the pitch.

Guest mimifrench

Ash's post:

Really disappointed in Hatem tonight, he just didn't get into the game at all and barely touched the ball. I'd like to say it was due to the midfield not giving him the ball but he barely offered himself all night. We looked a lot better when he went off as we ended up carrying him in the end.

Not too concerned at this stage but tonight was a big opportunity for him to show his worth and he didn't take it. Back to the bench on Monday night, unfortunately.

Thanks Sifu.

Looks like he isn't ready yet.

But where did he play yesterday ? Off the striker role ?

Ash's post:

Thanks Sifu.

Looks like he isn't ready yet.

But where did he play yesterday ? Off the striker role ?

:nods:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2054814/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-keen-fend-Liverpool-Fabricio-Coloccini.html

'Perhaps too much is expected of Hatem.

'I didn't think it was his best game at Blackburn he'll play a lot better than that. It's difficult as a striker to come into the team and have an immediate impact, especially when you've been out for a long, long time.

'Possibly he's trying too hard to make an impact. With Hatem it's a question of being patient and above all him being patient, to make sure he gets himself right, because when he does he'll be a fantastic player for us.'

`he's trying too hard to make an impact. `  pffft.

sounded more like he wasnt arsed the other night.  maybe hes been taking lessons from the apple muching maestro himself?

` you dont need to run about, its the midfield job to deliver the ball to ur feet` [from his book: Footballing Masterclass and other hats I wear.  published penguin 2011]

The pressure to perform is only going to be intensified if he's playing just off the striker.

If you're playing as a #10 you have to be heavily involved in how the team plays, while playing out wide you can afford to drift in and out of the game a bit more.

Expect to see him back on the bench for Stoke. Not really too concerned by how poor he supposedly was against Blackburn though, if his next two or three starts are equally bad then it'll be something to worry about.

He showed why he shouldn't really be starting yet. It's gonna take him 3 or 4 months to really get back up to speed which is inevitable after such a bad injury.