Hatem Ben Arfa

Guest sicko2ndbest

I kind of agree that Ba, Best and HBA on the pitch at the same time would be a fun idea, but I think it would reduce our width a fair amount, and that would be problematic against some opponents.

Same, I also think we need both Cabaye and Tiote in fairly deep positions, so I don't think anything other than Ba/HBA as a front 2 can really work.

I kind of agree that Ba, Best and HBA on the pitch at the same time would be a fun idea, but I think it would reduce our width a fair amount, and that would be problematic against some opponents.

Same, I also think we need both Cabaye and Tiote in fairly deep positions, so I don't think anything other than Ba/HBA as a front 2 can really work.

That's the point, though. It did.

You cannot deny that Ba and Best work well as a front 2 like, Ian. It doesn't matter how deep our midfield is as both like to drop off and help out.

There is absolutely no reason that Ben Arfa couldn't improve us 10 fold ahead of Best though.

Aye, that's what I meant. I was saying that if we are going to play HBA, it should be up front with Ba. Because to fit all three means tinkering with our system too much.

I didn't mean that Best and Ba couldn't work, I've said many times that I rate Best and he's done a great job.

If half of your goals are coming from one player, it's usually a good idea to play to his strengths.

Or looks for ways we can be more creative so it's not only him getting the goals?

Who else will be doing it? Not Hatem, that's for sure, or Jonas, or Obertan, or either of the two in the centre.

Take away Ba's contribution and we're in big trouble. Best, Ba and HBA should all be in the team.

I see what your getting at but removing Best from the side doesn't remove Ba's contribution imo.

About 5 of Ba's 8 goals have been directly related to Best & his only assist to Best also.

He & HBA offer different styles of play. HBA is better on the floor & in linking up the midfield, but that tends to isolate Ba moreso. Best is better in the air & takes up more dangerous positions in the area due to that, hes also been pretty successful at linking play. He basically assisted every goal against stoke, who are as equal to his style of play as you can get. Both might work for us, one already has been...the other might be more exciting to watch. Im happy either way atm.

Would it be absolutely insane to play Jonas at left back/wing back?

Best  Ba

HBA

Cabaye Tiote Guthrie

Jonas                    Santon

Colo  Saylor

Krul

Not a good idea against Man United, but at home against lesser teams we would boss the midfield, did Santon play wing back at Inter?

Best  Ba

HBA

Cabaye Tiote Guthrie

Colo  Saylor

Krul

Not a good idea against Man United, but at home against lesser teams we would boss the midfield, did Santon play wing back at Inter?

At home this could be brilliant but Tiote would have to sit much deeper.

No don't think crazy, but he's not going to swing in many long crosses. I think he's a canny enough player to adapt though. (If Raylor can Jonas can)

I don't mind that formation to be honest, but again the lack of width is the issue, if we were playing in the Italian league bet that would be our usual one

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Best  Ba

HBA

Cabaye Tiote Guthrie

Colo  Saylor

Krul

Typical Skirge :lol:

Guest Benarfanufc10

About 5 of Ba's 8 goals have been directly related to Best & his only assist to Best also.

He & HBA offer different styles of play. HBA is better on the floor & in linking up the midfield, but that tends to isolate Ba moreso. Best is better in the air & takes up more dangerous positions in the area due to that, hes also been pretty successful at linking play. He basically assisted every goal against stoke, who are as equal to his style of play as you can get. Both might work for us, one already has been...the other might be more exciting to watch. Im happy either way atm.

Benarfa  vision de jeu dailymotion watch (ben arfa benzema best combo)

why with ba he tends to isolate :lol:

Ben arfa is top player he is capable to create for all player

With ben arfa nufc go to CL and showtime    :snod:

Best  Ba

HBA

Cabaye Tiote Guthrie

Colo  Saylor

Krul

Typical Skirge :lol:

:D

I would prefer

-----------------Krul

-------Simo----Tayls------Colo

Ober-----------------------------San

-----------------Tiote

-------Cab-----------------Jonas

-----------------HBA

------------------Ba

This is the type of game we need Ben Arfa for, he's coming off a good display against City and gradually building his confidence. He creates a lot of space with his movement and is very hard to pick up. Hope he can continue on saturday where he left off at City.

Just play the same team that got us to third......aint rocket science  :lol:

What's wrong with you? Dropped as a baby from 10th floor?

Whats wrong with me  :lol: Whats wrong with you  :snod: most fans of a club expected to scrape a mid table finish would be fucking cock a hoop to be running at third and not slagging other fans off for wanting to stick with the team that got us there????????????

Just play the same team that got us to third......aint rocket science  :lol:

What's wrong with you? Dropped as a baby from 10th floor?

Whats wrong with me  :lol: Whats wrong with you  :snod: most fans of a club expected to scrape a mid table finish would be f***ing cock a hoop to be running at third and not slagging other fans off for wanting to stick with the team that got us there????????????

Imo you should always aim to make the team as good as possible, and that means that Ben Arfa has to start as he's our most talented player and will only get even better with some more game time. No matter what position we have in the table i'd always want to see us trying to get get better as a team.

-----------------------Krul

Simpson  ----  Taylor ---- Colo ---- Santon

Tiote

Cabaye --------------------Jonas

HBA

Best ------- Ba

That would be interesting with Cabaye and Jonas tucked in as wide midfielders and Santon and Simpson charging up the wings.