La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That'll be why I was thinking of Racing being your last game, VI. Somewhat back to front.

Ridiculous statistic like. Wonder what their average possession has been? Must be near 70%.

That's the main reason we have a good chance of beating the least goals conceded by a La Liga champion record (of which, incidentally, we are current holders as of last season). Possession football is as good a defensive tactic as an attacking one.

That'll be why I was thinking of Racing being your last game, VI. Somewhat back to front.

Ridiculous statistic like. Wonder what their average possession has been? Must be near 70%.

That's the main reason we have a good chance of beating the least goals conceded by a La Liga champion of all time (of which, incidentally, we are current holders as of last season). Possession football is as good a defensive tactic as an attacking one.

A ridiculous number of people don't seem to understand that though.

That's the main reason we have a good chance of beating the least goals conceded by a La Liga champion of all time (of which, incidentally, we are current holders as of last season). Possession football is as good a defensive tactic as an attacking one.

A ridiculous number of people don't seem to understand that though.

"LOL THATS BORING!"

The talk is that he will be moved on with a buyback clause. He's a tidy player and his scoring record since he joined Barça B is amazing, just not good enough for us in my opinion.

His main problem is his age. If he was to play for the senior squad he'd take a place in our 25-man limit and he wouldn't be able to play for Barça B (like we have done with Thiago, Jeffren, Dos Santos, etc...) which is a bad position to be in for an unproven player.

Pretty sure some top division side will take a punt on him.

Actually NUFC is one of the English clubs that have been said to be interested in him (Fulham, Everton and Wham the others IIRC). He is a fox in the box kind of player, your prototypical Spanish forward. All about off the ball positioning. He's quite mobile and has a good build for a Spanish striker, which translates to an average build for an English one. Good shot, very good work rate, decent with the ball on the floor.

The thing with him though, is that he is very reliant on service, and the one he gets at Barça B is excellent.

Guest kingdawson

Village what La Liga striker (or strikers) do you think would impress in the English League?

Looking for tips for Harry? :p

Okay, discarding the truly obvious ones (Agüero, Benzema, Rossi), I'd say Llorente and Soldado - who both have grown enormously as players this season. They probably would form a cracking partnership actually. I'd also say Rondón.

Guest kingdawson

Llorente and Soldado are the ones i rate most too but what are the chances Valencia would sanction a sale?

We should have got him when he was at Getafe ffs.

Guest kingdawson

Soldado's release fee was just €10m when Valencia got him, a true bargain given his progress.

As for Valencia, they still need a bit of coin. Mata is strongly linked with an exit, again for financial reasons.

Hmmm. You don't think Negredo can be useful in the premiership?

edit: or osvaldo for that matter.

I think Osvaldo is a continental striker. And Negredo's advantages in La Liga would be diluted in the Premiership. Osvaldo I have for a quality player, mind, just get the feeling he benefits from a less physical defending, and Negredo won't get to outmuscle so many defences.

Quique Sánchez Flores has confirmed he'll walk at the end of the season. Luís Enrique (preferred by the ownership) and Caparrós (preferred by the board) are the favorites to take on the job. Caparrós would another "meh" manager, I hope they gamble on Luís Enrique who at least would show some ambition and try to get Atlético play attractive football.

Aye, injuries had been keeping him off the pitch a lot these past few years, and given his age it was obvious this was going to happen.

Even if it's for the bitters, I'm happy that Iván has been able to carve a good career after not living up to the hype that everybody placed in him in his early days.

That season when he was feeding Ronaldo, man...

Aye, injuries had been keeping him off the pitch a lot these past few years, and given his age it was obvious this was going to happen.

Even if it's for the bitters, I'm happy that Iván has been able to carve a good career after not living up to the hype that everybody placed in him in his early days.

That season when he was feeding Ronaldo, man...

I used to love De La Pena.

Why was he ever sold to Lazio?

Was it true as well that at the time he was selling more shirts than Ronaldo?