La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's geet pissing doon, perfect conditions. :bluestar:

http://yfrog.com/h068sqlcj:iphone

Would be the excellent wether for a trademark Mourinho celebration after 90 (or more) minutes.

Guest neesy111

Hope Kaka puts on a good show. Lovely player.

Was a lovely player, he's a shadow of his former self.  Especially 04-07 Kaka.

Kaká was terrible.

Was a bit worried when I saw the weather, but Real Madrid actually didn't threaten at all, their goal was their only shot on goal IIRC. We played conservatively but the deed is done, bring on Wembley.

He was. Just couldn't cope with the pace of it. Hard to see him not being shifted on in the summer especially with Sahin seemingly coming in. Back to Italy or Brazil?

Dunno what's going on with him. From time to time he has one of those games when it looks like he might be back, but then he's invisible the next time he's given a start. Not that I'm complaining, mind, but it's always a bit sad to see such a great player becoming such a shadow on the pitch at such an early age for a footballer.

My guess is he's going to Brazil, he's spending quite some time there lately according to most reports, and rumor is that he fancies settling back there. I'd give it a shot in Italy though.

Calderon casts doubt on Jose future

Former Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon has cast doubt on Jose Mourinho's future at the Bernabeu, claiming the manager's recent controversies have been "harmful" to the club.

Mourinho saw his side crash out of the Champions League to bitter rivals Barcelona from the comfort of his hotel room, after being banned from the touchline.

The former Chelsea boss, who was sent to the stands during the first leg, made a string of claims in the wake of the 2-0 defeat last week, notably that Barca had been on the receiving end of favourable treatment from UEFA.

His mood will unlikely have been improved by the controversial decision to disallow a goal from Gonzalo Higuain when the score in the second leg was 0-0. Cristiano Ronaldo and Xabi Alonso have backed up their manager, claiming their exit from the Champions League was on account of decision making from the officials.

But it is the manager who has come in for criticism from Calderon, who feels Mourinho would have been better served congratulating Barcelona.

"I think what he did in terms of talking about UEFA and referees is not acceptable at all," Calderon told Radio Five Live. "It doesn't match with Real Madrid's history.

"I assume that he's a very, very good manager, but talking like that has been harmful for Real Madrid.

"I think big clubs can never blame the referee for their defeats. I think the semi-final was over in the first match at the Bernabeu when we lost 2-0.

"We invested €450 million in the last two years to build a very important and strong team, so if you lose you can't blame injuries, bad luck, the referee... If you lose, you have to congratulate your rival."

Barca are likely to clinch the Spanish title in the coming weeks and Calderon is unsure of Mourinho's position at the Bernabeu.

"It is difficult to succeed here because people are very demanding," he said. "There's a lot of pressure here. He said he's going to [continue] in his position next year, but you never know."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/915187/ramon-calderon-casts-doubt-on-jose-mourinho-future?cc=5739

:thup:

Nah, most people seem to think he will continue. He's done a great job of deflecting blame away and has the backing of the stands. All in all, where would he go? Unless Fergie pulls a shock retirement can't see any job that could meet his ambition, no way he's back to Inter and endanger his legacy there with an aged squad on the way down. Maybe ManCity could tempt him.

Also, who would get Madrid in his stead?

Nah, most people seem to think he will continue. He's done a great job of deflecting blame away and has the backing of the stands. All in all, where would he go? Unless Fergie pulls a shock retirement can't see any job that could meet his ambition, no way he's back to Inter and endanger his legacy there with an aged squad on the way down. Maybe ManCity could tempt him.

He won't resign. But reading those quotes I think his job isn't really save. In case he gets sacked I think he'll go to one of those 3 clubs I've mentioned.

He won't resign. But reading those quotes I think his job isn't really save. In case he gets sacked I think he'll go to one of those 3 clubs I've mentioned.

Calderón's words have no bearing on what Madrid will do. He has a huge axe to grind against Florentino Pérez and will say anything to unsettle his regime. It is true that Madrid's board is uneasy about Mourinho, but it is very unlikely that they'll sack him as long as he remains popular with the stands, and Mourinho has played them very smartly.

surely the key?  RM, if they have any sense, must realise that Mourinho is the fastest and most likely to succeed method available of breaking Barca's stronghold - they'll need to let him do some serious rebuilding in his own image and it will be horribly hard for them to take i'm sure but the alternative is basically to say goodbye to everything for possibly another 5 years, maybe more

they threw EVERYTHING at this galacticos and it's failed spectacularly, no way it works with a 2nd wave unless they actually go and buy messi, iniesta, xavi, puyol and pique :lol:

I don't actually think there's much Real Madrid can do. They're just up against the best club side in recent history and in my view, it will take some sort of complacency on Barca's part for Real to win the league next year. Either that or Messi, Xavi and Iniesta being out for ages.

I don't actually think there's much Real Madrid can do. They're just up against the best club side in recent history and in my view, it will take some sort of complacency on Barca's part for Real to win the league next year. Either that or Messi, Xavi and Iniesta being out for ages.

one of them no, two of them at the same time maybe

i personally think Mourihno could do it, or rather if anyone at all could given free reign it's him - not gonna happen though, no way RM sit through years and years of his shit i reckon they'd rather just fail

VI, why is it that Atletico are leaving the Vicente Calderon? Money for the land it sits on? Didn't see anything wrong with it myself aside from possibly the lack of corporate boxes but are these a big thing in Spain as they are here? Can't be due to capacity as it was only about 2/3s to 3/4s full.

Ahhh. Gutted, 2 tickets for the Depor game available in the same section fro 79 Euros a piece... clicked to select and buy them and they'd gone by the time I managed to get a credit card out and that. :weep:

Manuel Pellegrini. Should never have been sacked.

There are a dozen or more managers more suited to Real Madrid and that squad of players.

Pellegrini who didn't manage to beat Barca?

Who are the other 11 then?  Stop talking shit.  I agree that those players and JM aren't the best match, even the club obviously, but Real have to acknowledge they are in the wilderness for a long time if they don't change their approach.  Hence JM is your man, just let him work or accept 2nd place for the foreseeable future.