La Liga - 10/11

Neil
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Without wanting to sound like a Barcelona 'fan-boy', I think the Barcelona 'haters' are just as embarrassing as any fan-boys.

Half the posts in this thread during and after this match have been pretty embarrassing tbf :lol:

Without wanting to sound like a Barcelona 'fan-boy', I think the Barcelona 'haters' are just as embarrassing as any fan-boys.

Half the posts in this thread during and after this match have been pretty embarrassing tbf :lol:

From which side?  :frantic:

Who hates them?

I dunno if anyone 'hates' them but I see a lot of posts saying I hate the way Barcelona are praised to high heaven etc. etc.

So why put that in your post then? ;)

Just because some people reckon some on here go overboard with their praise doesn't mean they hate Barcelona. I certainly don't anyway.

love how Ronaldo has rolled in and shot his assumptive load all over the thread :lol:

Have not read one post where anybody has claimed to be an expert on la liga. 

And regardless of that incredibly tedious point how do you judge whether somebody is qualified to post their opinion or not?  Because you know, I'd like to see how you go about jumping to your epic (pointless) assumptions.  At Ronaldo, obvs

midds standard failed troll post.  standard

You're the one who can't see it how it is.

Barcelona didn't need to win.  Madrid did, the onus was on them yet Mourinho played with 8 men behind the ball from the off.  If I was a Madrid fan I'd be fuming that he was afraid to go for it at their own ground.

They had about 30% possession for the most part of the match.

these barcelona fan-boys are so f***ing tedious :lol:

Tedious? How about folk who watch virtually no Spanish football then suddenly become experts after watching El Clasico.

This reminds of all the World Cup-only fans around here who were trying to debate me about " The Reel-Barka game" today. Everyone wants to pretend they know something.

Motta's one last year is almost irrelevant as it was a joke of decision not too dissimilar to the favours that Barca was given at the same stage of the competition the year before. There is nothing any manager can do to prevent that.

In the interests of balance, Milito's goal was a bit offside as well.

There were many questionable and difficult decisions, but the red card was just so inexplicable that it stands out.

I'll admit that I've hated Barca since the referees gifted them the CL two years ago. I have no idea why. I liked them before and was very happy when they won in 2006 CL/La Liga.

Who hates them?

I dunno if anyone 'hates' them but I see a lot of posts saying I hate the way Barcelona are praised to high heaven etc. etc.

Just because some people reckon some on here go overboard with their praise doesn't mean they hate Barcelona. I certainly don't anyway.

Barcelona praise-haters then?  Either way, after every big Barcelona game you get the same arguments.  Personally, I think most people like good football and Barcelona are a good example of this so its natural people will praise them, some people seem to dislike this for whatever reason.

True though. In control for most of the time and cruising. Didn't have to force things as they never had to win tonight.

Real only bombed on when they were getting a bit desperate towards the end, knowing they HAD to win to stand a chance of winning the League. They failed. 

Doesn't mean much like, especially considering Madrid had a player sent off with a decent chunk of the match left. Barcelona spent a lot of time in the first half at least just passing it around the middle third of the pitch. And ultimately the match was drawn anyway.

True though. In control for most of the time and cruising. Didn't have to force things as they never had to win tonight.

Real only bombed on when they were getting a bit desperate towards the end, knowing they HAD to win to stand a chance of winning the League. They failed. 

In control of the ball but not threatening, nor really playing direct enough for my liking AND it backfired as predicted...

Barcelona are the best footballing side in the world, but they waste themselves in the way they approach games some times.

Who hates them?

Barcelona praise-haters then?  Either way, after every big Barcelona game you get the same arguments.  Personally, I think most people like good football and Barcelona are a good example of this so its natural people will praise them, some people seem to dislike this for whatever reason.

I just think some go a bit far with it, particularly those who cannot accept that others might prefer to watch a different, more direct style. As though Barcelona play the ultimate version of football and nothing else is worthy. To each their own IMO. I've frequently found the Real matches more entertaining to watch when the two are invariably on each weekend.

In control of the ball but not threatening, nor really playing direct enough for my liking AND it backfired as predicted...

Barcelona are the best footballing side in the world, but they waste themselves in the way they approach games some times.

yet probably the best club side in the world right now due to that tactic of just keeping the ball off the opposition and wearing them down.

Aye I bet Barca are kicking themselves tonight at it backfiring for them.

They won the League tonight. In Madrid.

:lol: This thread.

Bit pissed off that I missed this match because of a friend's engagement party, but IMO the league was lost to Madrid before this match (given their respective remaining fixtures).

Only going on what I've read so far, but psychologically I'd be a happier Real Madrid fan than a Barcelona fan tonight. After the tonking they received at Camp Nou, a draw (with ten men for a long period) seems like a strong progression for Mourinho and his boys. I also understand they looked quite threatening. If there's one vulnerability Barcelona have looked susceptible to in the last few weeks, it's been strong counter-attacking football. I think their recent match against Sevilla was the best example of this, that I've seen personally.

Could be interesting to see if Mourinho can stay defensively strong but capitalise on Barcelona's weakness against clinical counter-attacks.

Doesn't mean much like, especially considering Madrid had a player sent off with a decent chunk of the match left. Barcelona spent a lot of time in the first half at least just passing it around the middle third of the pitch. And ultimately the match was drawn anyway.

Well yeah, but a draw was more than enough for Barcelona given the teams' respective positions in the table. Why would they take unnecessary risks when they could just keep the ball for the majority of the match and take a point?

The CL games will be very different.

Guest neesy111

Barca got a draw, which wins them the league basically against the 2nd best team in world in there back-yard.  How people can say that is a massive sign of weakness in a team is beyond me.  Real HAD TO win tonight to stand any-chance of winning the league and they failed.