Nike Premier Cup - World Finals 2010

lovejoy

The black boy? Don't recognize him. Can't be Sandro Ramírez though!

Yep, that one. Guessing Sandro is white? :lol:

As milk :lol:

The only other black player from that age group I'm familiar with is Edwelle, who has short curly hair and is stockier.

Has to be either Epkolo or Ondoa

Yeah, Dongou has usually played centreforward in our youth teams. If #15 is Sandro Ramírez (a forward) he also has some hype on him, was scouted in the same tournament in the Canary Islands where we found Pedro.

Sadly it doesn't look like the final is broadcast here in Spain.

Image 5. The number 15 is the guy on the left: http://www.manchesterunitedpremiercup.com/photo-gallery/2010/team-activities-87

Incidentally so we can have a positive ID for #6, if you were able to get a good look at him the boy in photos 2 and 3 is Sergi Samper.

Yeah, Dongou has usually played centreforward in our youth teams. If #15 is Sandro Ramírez (a forward) he also has some hype on him, was scouted in the same tournament in the Canary Islands where we found Pedro.

Sadly it doesn't look like the final is broadcast here in Spain.

Image 5. The number 15 is the guy on the left: http://www.manchesterunitedpremiercup.com/photo-gallery/2010/team-activities-87

Incidentally so we can have a positive ID for #6, if you were able to get a good look at him the boy in photos 2 and 3 is Sergi Samper.

Yep, that looks like him. :thup:

Barca won the Final 3-1. :clap:

Right, here's the summary that I said I'd do. I hope this doesn't come across as too negative because they did brilliantly well to make it to the Finals itself, let alone progress to the Quarter Final, which could quite easily have been a Semi Final.

One thing that was glaringly obvious is the massive difference in technical ability between our side and the likes of Barca along with the South Americans. I know that may be obvious to most people any way but the difference really told. The attitude of our team compared to these is quite staggering. Whereas they would look to play it out from the back from a goal kick or when it was in the ‘keeper’s hands, we’d look to hoof it and more often than not, lose possession because of it. If ever we looked under pressure at the back, again we’d try and hoof it clear whereas the opposition would play a simple pass to somebody in space which created a counter-attack. We often struggled to compose ourselves and would panic trying to clear the ball, causing an error. That’s not having a go at the team by any means, it’s just how they’ve been coached. It kind of drives home everything that was said about England during the World Cup.

As far as individuals go, there are a couple of really promising players in the side. As mentioned previously, Adam Campbell is the star of the team. He's a tenacious striker who I’d compare to Wayne Rooney, both in the way he plays and his attitude. He doesn't like losing and isn't afraid to make his feelings known. He has a really good turn of pace which causes defenders a lot of problems. Finished just about every chance he was given apart from one in the first game where he probably took the wrong option by going for the near post instead of the far post. Looked very composed though and you'd fancy him to bag many more times than not if through one-on-one. He's quite skilful too and holds the ball up well for someone who is fairly small in stature. He definitely has the quality to make it as a pro and I'd expect to see him play for the first team in years to come.

Next up is Dan Hall, right back who was very solid and one of the more composed members of the squad. Really impressed me with his attitude as he wouldn’t give up on anything and would always try and make up for any error that he made. Solid in the air and difficult to get past. Didn’t get forward too much but looked comfortable enough when he did. Has a decent build and is quite strong too which should be a big asset for him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make it as a pro too.

There are quite a few others who I reckon could come close to turning pro in the future but I’d like to see them again first before making a proper judgement. Aiden Grant, goalkeeper, made some decent saves and is huge for his age, towered over the full team and was taller than a few of the officials. The two centre backs, Ryan McKinnon and Alex Kitchen, looked like they could become decent players as they played relatively well overall but did lose their concentration a couple of times which led to them making an error. Mark Brereton sat in front of the back four and did a good job, tidy on the ball and a strong tackler. Did well under pressure most of the time and managed to turn his way out of trouble a couple of times too. Good passer of the ball although couldn’t really tell how advanced his range of passing was. Finally, there’s Esteban Cardona who played up front. Showed he has nice footwork and a bit of skill too. Not sure up front suits him really, would have liked to have seen him on the right wing as he seemed to have the pace to beat a man and could pick out a pass. Fairly sure it was his cross that ended up leading to our goal in the final game. Lost the ball a couple of times when he shouldn’t really have been given the pass in the first place but worked hard to track back and regain possession.

Next up is Dan Hall, right back who was very solid and one of the more composed members of the squad. Really impressed me with his attitude as he wouldn’t give up on anything and would always try and make up for any error that he made. Solid in the air and difficult to get past. Didn’t get forward too much but looked comfortable enough when he did. Has a decent build and is quite strong too which should be a big asset for him. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him make it as a pro too.

:)

Campbell has caused quite a stir from apparently. man utd and arsenal very keen on the lad. him and a midfielder for barca the main tournament talking points.

They can fuck right off. How old is he 15?

Some clubs regularly have their 15 and 16 year olds knocking on the first team door, be interesting to see how long it takes us to get a glimpse of any of these lads. We're usually very poor so I'd expect not to hear a peep until at least 18.

• 1 month later...