Manchester United v Newcastle United 16/8/2010 Live on Sky Sports 1 8PM

Guest neesy111

Guest Brummiemag

If thats true its a disgrace but no surprise.  Everything Ashley does gives the impression of being small time, saving money and lacking ambition. Bastard 

Is that right we only took an 1800 allocation? I know its a monday night and all but I would have thought we'd take the full allocation.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that we'd taken the lowest available allocation for the first three away games.

Why would we do that?

If thats true its a disgrace but no surprise.   Everything Ashley does gives the impression of being small time, saving money and lacking ambition. b****** 

Any excuse :lol:

Why would we do that?

Because we have to pay for unsold tickets.

I know that but are you seriously telling me that we couldn't sell 3000 tickets for Man U away  which is our first game back in the Premier League??

Is that right we only took an 1800 allocation? I know its a monday night and all but I would have thought we'd take the full allocation.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that we'd taken the lowest available allocation for the first three away games.

Why would we do that?

http://www.nufcblog.org/2010/08/the-story-of-the-disappearing-away-seat-allocation-part-2/#comment-107547

Hard to see beyond a thumping in this match - regardless of who is signed in the meantime...

Man U are slow starters but I wouldn't hold out any hope on that basis  - they will just have too much for

Newcastle. If they get an early goal, it could be a hammering but I never predict scores in games.

Anything better than a 2-0 defeat is a bonus in my view because goals may be hard to come by.

Why would we do that?

http://www.nufcblog.org/2010/08/the-story-of-the-disappearing-away-seat-allocation-part-2/#comment-107547

Thanks. What an absolute joke it is tbh; the excuse they gave was beyond feeble:

“It is a careful balance between ensuring that supporters have the opportunity to buy tickets for away matches (and having a strong vocal support for these games) and ensuring that we mitigate the risk of being left with unsold tickets that we have to pay for. If we are left with a remnant of tickets this is wasted money that cannot be spent elsewhere, for example, player investment.”

As if we couldn't sell 3000 tickets for man u when we took 8000 to Barnsley on a weeknight. NUFC getting it so so wrong again for the sake of 50 grand.

Oh, and only 1100 tickets for Wolves away.  :thdn:

Why would we do that?

Thanks. What an absolute joke it is tbh; the excuse they gave was beyond feeble:

“It is a careful balance between ensuring that supporters have the opportunity to buy tickets for away matches (and having a strong vocal support for these games) and ensuring that we mitigate the risk of being left with unsold tickets that we have to pay for. If we are left with a remnant of tickets this is wasted money that cannot be spent elsewhere, for example, player investment.”

As if we couldn't sell 3000 tickets for man u when we took 8000 to Barnsley on a weeknight. NUFC getting it so so wrong again for the sake of 50 grand.

They went on general sale so we probably couldn't.

Why would we do that?

It is a careful balance between ensuring that supporters have the opportunity to buy tickets for away matches (and having a strong vocal support for these games) and ensuring that we mitigate the risk of being left with unsold tickets that we have to pay for. If we are left with a remnant of tickets this is wasted money that cannot be spent elsewhere, for example, player investment.

I could accept an argument for a lower allocation at Man Utd with it being an evening kick off and on TV but the Wolves games is a 3pm kick off on a Saturday in the Midlands where it is easy for lots of exiled Newcastle fans to get to.  We had 4000 fans at Coventry on a cold night midweek in December so I just do not understand why they would even begin think we could not sell out the full allocation.

Why would we do that?

They went on general sale so we probably couldn't.

You sure about that?

Harper

Perch      Williamson    Colo  Enrique

Routledge  Barton    Guthrie  Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

We can try, but its probably out of our hands!  Going to go for a draw, think we will get a spanking though.

Harper

Perch      Williamson    Colo   Enrique

Routledge  Barton    Guthrie   Jonas

Nolan

Carroll

We can try, but its probably out of our hands!  Going to go for a draw, think we will get a spanking though.

cant argue with that lineup