Manchester United v Newcastle United 16/8/2010 Live on Sky Sports 1 8PM

Guest neesy111

Well, tbf to Smith, he's better defensively than Guthrie. The thing that he offers nothing going forward is a bit shit, though.

And btw with Barton, Nolan and Smith we're quite likely to end the game with only 10 men.

He really isn't at all. Smith will lose possession more than Guthrie will, or certainly put teammates under pressure atleast.

Well, tbf to Smith, he's better defensively than Guthrie. The thing that he offers nothing going forward is a bit shit, though.

And btw with Barton, Nolan and Smith we're quite likely to end the game with only 10 men.

He really isn't at all. Smith will lose possession more than Guthrie will, or certainly put teammates under pressure atleast.

Smith can tackle, though. At least he tries.

Well, tbf to Smith, he's better defensively than Guthrie. The thing that he offers nothing going forward is a bit s***, though.

Smith can tackle, though. At least he tries.

and fails...miserable

smith is s***, he gives away far to many freekicks that in the end definitely will cost us... goals in the back.

I have a tenner bet with my Manc mate that we'll get a positive result tomorrow night. Im confident of a result. 1-1 all over this. Carroll and fletcher.

You'd have been better off doing it with the bookies.

I have a tenner bet with my Manc mate that we'll get a positive result tomorrow night. Im confident of a result. 1-1 all over this. Carroll and fletcher.

You'd have been better off using a ten pound note to wipe your arse, at least you would have got some value out of it.

Guest neesy111

Scholes plays he will score the ginger cunt always does.

one stat that amazes me, is that he scored more goals at St James' Park than Kieron Dyer did  :facepalm:

one stat that amazes me, is that he scored more goals at St James' Park than Kieron Dyer did  :facepalm:

So what, Shola Ameobi has scored more in the Champions League than the entirety of the Premier league Bar, Man U, arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

So what, Shola Ameobi has scored more in the Champions League than the entirety of the Premier league Bar, Man U, arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

It's a pretty unimpressive statistic, really.[/pedantic]

We need to make sure that from the off we get stuck into them and put pressure on them for as long as possible.

West Brom showed Chelsea far too much respect and stood off them, and look what happened. We simply can't allow the same to happen.

Even if we do get beat, but at least put in a decent account of ourselves, morale will still be good.

We will be lucky to get anything from this game..  everyone know it.. we can try to be positive and have a go though and that is what I am hoping for.

No sitting back and letting them have the ball, get at them, kick Rooney a few times ruffle them up a bit for as long as we can.

Guest neesy111

wrong, shearer has scored more in the champions league than shola

Guest neesy111

In all competitions?

premier league

wrong, shearer has scored more in the champions league than shola

Didn't know that Shearer was a Preamier League team....

We need to make sure that from the off we get stuck into them and put pressure on them for as long as possible.

West Brom showed Chelsea far too much respect and stood off them, and look what happened. We simply can't allow the same to happen.

Even if we do get beat, but at least put in a decent account of ourselves, morale will still be good.

Was saying today I'd love to see us go 2 up front and try and have a real go at them.

We won't though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Was saying today I'd love to see us go 2 up front and try and have a real go at them.

We won't though.

What, with Peter and Carroll up front?

We won't though.

What, with Peter and Carroll up front?

:nods:

We won't though.

:thup:

I'm with both posts. I'd love to see us give it a real go and at least try with two up front, the two wingers etc.

We know we're going to lose, but I'd rather lose 5-0 giving it a real go then be in West Brom's shoes and just slump to defeat - I don't think they'll recover from that. We'll get so much from not kidding ourselves and sitting back and trying to contain them - they'd have a field day.

I think most fans would appreciate a decent performance and a low scoreline defeat - the players themselves would get alot from it and would hopefully give us the push for when the season really starts at home to Villa.

Quite nervous for this now, despite the fact I'm expecting us to be comfortably beaten. I'll be shitting bricks tomorrow.

The same but I'm feeling a lot better now that I'm fairly certain we're not going to be bottom.