Manchester United v Newcastle United 16/8/2010 Live on Sky Sports 1 8PM

Guest neesy111

Would a big defeat be better for us ? Would it loosen the purse strings ?

I was thinking similar, if we somehow scrape a result, would they think we dont need better than weve already got?

I think we already know we aren't as good as Man Utd.

Yeah but even inferior teams can pull off a shock result, as dilligaf says a draw may have Ashley thinking that everything will be fine this season with what he has, his goal is to survive and I'm sure it's also to survive at the least expense possible.

Still hoping for a result of course, just worry how a good result will effect our retarded owner.

Yeah, what I'm saying is that a hammering by Man Utd will already be expected, therefore it won't lead to the club changing their opinion of the season to come.

If Ashley is gambling, then he's gambling we can take these hammerings and still get enough points to survive. I'm not saying he's correct BTW.

Busy cringing at SSN with Andy Gray and Richard Keys sitting infront of a massive MNF logo.

MNF?  Sounds so f***ing American (not that I have any problem with yanks mind).  It's just the tackyness of it.

SKY boils my f***ing piss at times.

Bricking it for this game like.  I think the 5 pints will help ease the pain.

Hmmmm ... okay  :lol:

I know.

It's the sheer tackyness and American stylised of the whole shebang that gets on my threpneys

I've just seen the promo for 'MNF' on SSN's and couldn't agree more. Well OTT with loads of needless shite going on. What's with the ball on the astroturf? It sounded like Andy Gray is going to show Richard Keys (and viewers) key points like a dodgy tackle, going over a ball etc..WTF? That cannot be happening surely!?  bluelaugh.gif

I know.

It's the sheer tackyness and American stylised of the whole shebang that gets on my threpneys

Sky typically takes it's cues from them though.

I mean the whole idea of Sky Sports News is based of off the 24/7 ESPN sports network pretty much.

I get where your coming from. Just made me giggle.

My name is Ikon, a retarded fan of the Newcastle Online Forum, General of the Felix Legions, Loyal servant to

to the true emperor, Sir Bobby Robson. Fan of a raped team against Man U, husband to an AWOL Ben Arfa,

And i will have my vengeance, in this season or the next!

Come on Newcastle!! Strength and honour!

:kinnear:

:spit:

I'm in tears.

A hard fought 2-0 defeat is what I'm expecting. Can't see us getting anything at all.

You have to be realistic, and I just hope that if we do lose that we don't get truly smashed up and that we at least show some skill and some passion at times.

FYI, if you live in Canada, the game's on TSN2, not Setanta, think the contracts are a bit different this year. Looks like TSN have a few games, along with Sportsnet, the Score and Setanta.

FYI, if you live in Canada, the game's on TSN2, not Setanta, think the contracts are a bit different this year. Looks like TSN have a few games, along with Sportsnet, the Score and Setanta.

Setanta still exists in Canada? Sucks for you.

Actually it's coverage is pretty good, they show every game in full at some point over the weekend, plus championship games. If it wasn't for setanta I would not have newcastle play at all last year. It's only $15 a month too, that's about 10 pounds at today's exchange rates.

Just want this to start now!!! Would do anything for 3 points here, my god.

Not very optimistic but what's the point in being in this league if we're going to lay down and die before we've even kicked a ball!!

HOWAY THE LADS!!! :clap2:

Just want this to start now!!! Would do anything for 3 points here, my god.

Not very optimistic but what's the point in being in this league if we're going to lay down and die before we've even kicked a ball!!

HOWAY THE LADS!!! :clap2:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:clap2:

Actually it's coverage is pretty good, they show every game in full at some point over the weekend, plus championship games. If it wasn't for setanta I would not have newcastle play at all last year. It's only $15 a month too, that's about 10 pounds at today's exchange rates.

Good for you.  :thup:

They were horrible to deal with in the UK, a complete joke. Subsequently went Kaput.

A hard fought 2-0 defeat is what I'm expecting. Can't see us getting anything at all.

You have to be realistic, and I just hope that if we do lose that we don't get truly smashed up and that we at least show some skill and some passion at times.

Yeah the performance is what matters in this match, obviously if we get a point or if you can dream 3, then it will be a massive bonus, but showing we have something about us is what I want from this game. I'm just a bit nervous that when/if they score, the floodgates will open.

Hoping for nothing more than a performance we can be proud of.

Absolutely. :nods:

I mean, just so long as we put up a fight and give it our all, it really doesn't matter that come 10pm tonight, Manchester United will have torn our club an entirely new arsehole, does it?

:harry: