Anyone Else Convinced....

Crumpy Gunt

That relegation is almost a certainty this season?

We are in my opinion fully reliant on hoping there might be 3 teams who are shiter than us. Wigan v Blackpool looks like we've found 2 of the three.

Wigan, Blackpool, WBA and NUFC. Any three of those four for me.

Guest HatchBach

On the contrary I think we have a good chance of staying up - maybe is is blind optimism, but I think we will be OK

I think you underestimate the crapness of West Ham.

I don't think its an almost certainty but definately a very long and tough battle against it though.

If Sunderland lose Bent I can see them having a rough ride and not convinced by Blackburn though I reckon Sam will make them difficult to beat.

I think we'll get one or two more players in, so the time to judge us would be Sep 1st.

Even now, I think we'll survive. Campbell will prove an important signing, because last time round we really paid for a lack of composure and organisation in defence.

Guest Stephen927

As it stands with this squad, it's going to be far too close for comfort. We're not a certainty to go down, I think we're better than West Ham, Blackpool will eventually burn out like Burnley did, and maybe West Brom though their result against Chelsea shouldn't be taken into any kind of consideration.

We need to pick up points from the likes of wigan,bolton,blackburn,blackpool,west brom,wolves,west ham...every other point is a bonus failure to beat the 6 worst teams especially at home wil result in us going down...hand on heart with our squad the fact i can see our midfield being over ran constantly putting more pressure on our defence, especially williamson who terrifies me as a prem league defender then i cant see us getting out of the bottom 3 all season

very sad considering we have a billionaire owner who wont spend to secure the status of the club

A lot depends on injuries to us and our rivals. We are already behind the 8 ball defensively wise with Simpson, Taylor out for a long period and Campbell not fit yet.

As someone else said, if Sunderland lose Bent, they are in trouble but a lot will depend on who we sign and who we lose between now and the end of the month. Our squad is not deep and our attack is weak but I see the likes of Blackpool, Wigan, Bolton, Wolves, West Ham and possibly even Fulham (now that RH has gone) being in the same boat as us.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I'm feeling a bit better after seeing Wigan, West Ham and West Brom, but I'm still bloody nervous about this season

Guest sombrero

lets not forget that some teams as small as blackpool started off amazing in the first few games then it was all downhill thereafter. so bubye blackpool, seeya later wigan cant put my finger on the third yet, perhaps from west ham, stoke or west brom, but there will be someone else, we have good players now, and more importantly, a TEAM. and some of the new players will be interesting (Arfa)