Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

just on my way back from this, we matched them well until berbatov scored, looked offside from our view, was it? After that we just seemed to crumble and jonas and jose's heads went down. Our problem is we want too much time on the ball and don't get enough men forward. Perch had a mare btw, totally out of his depth.

Nah, Carroll played him on.

just on my way back from this, we matched them well until berbatov scored, looked offside from our view, was it? After that we just seemed to crumble and jonas and jose's heads went down. Our problem is we want too much time on the ball and don't get enough men forward. Perch had a mare btw, totally out of his depth.

Nah, Carroll played him on.

aye the hairy handed man ure spunk puppet took great pleasure in pointing that out after the game

Thought Jonas was impressive tbh when i watched. Didnt catch much of the first goal, but looked to me like he had stepped up a level. Went past his marker several times, was dribbling across the width of the pitch at times with the ball to try to open things up. Just didnt have much support atall.

Steve Taylor is a central defender not a RB despite everyone getting carried away by a few decent runs down the flank.

I've always preferred Stave Taylor in the centre but at this time he's the best we've got for right-back.

Guest neesy111

also this love in for scholes, the guy is fine against teams like NUFC who will give him space, against teams like city, he won't get that kind of space

Bad example, given what happened in April.

they've got better players now

Didn't see the second half as clearly as I'd have liked to. Biggest single critical thing to say would regard our lack of attacking pace and verve. Broadly appreciated the attitude shown, though. Call me on the 1st of September and we'll talk.

Steve Taylor is a central defender not a RB despite everyone getting carried away by a few decent runs down the flank.

I've always preferred Stave Taylor in the centre but at this time he's the best we've got for right-back.

I'd like to see him week in week out at RB before I made that call. A couple of flashy runs as a stand-in doesn't qualify him for the accolades in my view.

I'd like to see him week in week out at RB before I made that call. A couple of flashy runs as a stand-in doesn't qualify him for the accolades in my view.

He started out as a right-back under Robson (in the first team) and kept that position for quite a while.

Which accolades? :lol:

Folk just think he's better than Raylor, Perch and Simpson.

Guest neesy111

he's played their quite a few times in the past

Jonas is s****. Should be sold and replaced.

agreed, won't happen though

I'm sorry to those who think this is harsh. But seeing him today was just refreshing my memory of him during WC. He is just not right for EPL at all.

Guest neesy111

Jonas is s****. Should be sold and replaced.

agreed, won't happen though

I'm sorry to those who think this is harsh. But seeing him today was just refreshing my memory of him during WC. He is just not right for EPL at all.

need to have an end product of sorts in the EPL and have a footballing brain as well, but the lad to me simply hasn't got both!  hence why he's such a limited player in ability

Guest BooBoo

Harper 6, Perch 5, Enrique 7, Williamson 6, Colo 6, Jonas 5, Routledge 5, Barton 6, Smith 5, Nolan 4, Carroll 6

A cliche but the fans tonight were fantastic, great support throughout and some amusing Rooney abuse.

I'm glad the shitbag wasn't involved and the Mexican didn't score who the Man Utd fans seem to think is the heir to Cantonas crown.

Well, man u were quick on the break, we played well for 30 mins and then our defence remembered how they used to play, poor first goal from berbatov as I reckon harper could have got that! Mind you, on the subject of berbatov, if you can't do bicycle kicks, leave them well alone, he's no peter crouch! Were better with lovenkrands but anyway, season starts at villa yeah?

I thought both Williamson and Coloccini defended well considering the ammount of posession Manchester United had. Both could have maybe done better on the second goal, but other than that they did well. Man Utd didnt create too many clear cut chances despite having nearly all of the ball.

Which accolades? :lol:

Folk just think he's better than Raylor, Perch and Simpson.

based on a couple of barnstorming runs as a fill-in?