Manchester Utd 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 16/08/10 - post match reaction from page 36

Dave

The ridiculous nonsense on this forum is astounding. You've even managed to put to shame some of the stupid fuckers sat around me at the game tonight.

A few months back, Man U beat Milan 4-0 at Old Trafford, destroyed them in 3rd gear. This is no litmus test whatsoever for individuals players or the the team as a whole.

Out of interest, what was your opinion on Colocinni tonight?

The ridiculous nonsense on this forum is astounding. You've even managed to put to shame some of the stupid fuckers sat around me at the game tonight.

A few months back, Man U beat Milan 4-0 at Old Trafford, destroyed them in 3rd gear. This is no litmus test whatsoever for individuals players or the the team as a whole.

Er, what are you reading exactly? Most people are saying just what you are.

Ronaldo in a "trying to pick a fight with the whole forum" shock.

:lol:

It's so important we get a RB. Like most wingers, Routledge is suspect defensively and it's absolutely imperative that we get someone with good judgement and tackling ability behind him.

Carroll played well, as did Wayne. I was impressed that Hughton took Nolan off. Not that myself and most on here wouldn't have done the same.

No way are we signing another right back like.

Out of interest, what was your opinion on Colocinni tonight?

The two central defenders were fine. Time and time again Man U broke with balls over the top or low into the channels and Colo dealt with them well.

It's so important we get a RB. Like most wingers, Routledge is suspect defensively and it's absolutely imperative that we get someone with good judgement and tackling ability behind him.

Carroll played well, as did Wayne. I was impressed that Hughton took Nolan off. Not that myself and most on here wouldn't have done the same.

Maybe we aren't but it doesn't change the fact that none of the ones we've got are good enough.

Course we're not, and it's a fucking disgrace. We can only hope that he plays Steven Taylor there.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Maybe we aren't but it doesn't change the fact that none of the ones we've got are good enough.

No

Dont think we did to badly, on the backfoot a lot. But generally intercepted quite a lot & Enrique kept Valencia quiet. Clearly they targeted Perch & scholes just controlled the midfield. Won the game for them on his own nearly, perfect passer of the ball.

Our wingers looked good, went past their players several times. Dont think Nolan did much, Carroll had a chance as usual.

Think theres enough positives to take from that performance.

Course we're not, and it's a fucking disgrace. We can only hope that he plays Steven Taylor there.

There is of course a short-medium term problem with that too.

My views:

Think Enrique, Williamson, Coloccini, Routledge and Carroll are the positives from that night. Enrique looked good as ever (apart from that assist to Berbatov) while Colo and Willo looked comfortbale for most of the time at centre back.

Routledge can actually beat a man and Carroll won most of the headers, only there was no one to do something with the ball.

On the other hand, Perch, Jonas and mostly, Nolan were the negatives. Nolan was not on the pitch for me today. I hope he was at Shearer's party yesterday as that would be his only good excuse. Perch clearly can't cope with any pressure on his side and Jonas was poor all day. He also was responsible for the first goal, by losing that ball right at the penalty area. Shouldn't have happend.

Guest neesy111

sadly i don't think that will happen

Good enough or not, we're stuck with them is the point I was making. :thup:

Jonas was most at fault for the first goal certainly, lost the ball far too easily to Valencia and showed bad awareness in doing so. But why didn't Nolan just pass it into space ffs? Jonas was pointing for Nolan to pass it forwards, two players were closing the ball down from behind it, and there was ample space for Jonas to run on to. So what does Nolan do? Pass it slowly into Jonas' run as opposed to ahead of it, making Jonas check his run briefly to get the ball - which in turn gave Valencia that added bit of momentum he needed to catch up/rob Jonas.

Better Newcastle teams have went there and played worse, and better teams than Newcastle this season will get beat by bigger scorelines. Nowt to worry about yet.

And no doubt Sky will start their campaign to get Scholes a Giggs-style Player of the Year award.

Guest neesy111

Steve Taylor is a central defender not a RB despite everyone getting carried away by a few decent runs down the flank.

steven taylor is our best right back

just on my way back from this, we matched them well until berbatov scored, looked offside from our view, was it? After that we just seemed to crumble and jonas and jose's heads went down. Our problem is we want too much time on the ball and don't get enough men forward. Perch had a mare btw, totally out of his depth.

Steve Taylor is a central defender not a RB despite everyone getting carried away by a few decent runs down the flank.

It's more the fact that people with sense realize that CB is a position that requires a lot of intelligence, and Taylor's about as sharp as a wet sponge.

He's also our best RB. Which is probably worth considering.

Guest neesy111

also this love in for scholes, the guy is fine against teams like NUFC who will give him space, against teams like city, he won't get that kind of space